[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What's this boss effect & what can I do about it?

MawgMawg
Reactions: 1,350
edited January 2020 in General Chat
I get attacked by a boss - part of Goluux, and now a boss in the scrapyard.

A two colo(u)red bar appears above me with a white work glove on each end. The bar is yellow and .. red? black? I can't recall.

It starts with a divider in the middle, which moves towards one end and I die. It is not seduce, I know that much.

What is the effect called - and how can I get out of it?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2020
    If I'm right about what I think you're attempting to describe, mash your left and right arrow keys.
    Mawg
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2020
    It's petrification. Mash your left and right arrow keys to make the bar go down. When it hits zero, you escape and can move again. The bar is somewhat unresponsive, so you'll have to mash your keys rapidly while alternating between each key.

Gollux Head and Abdomen have this skill, as does any elite monster or boss with the "Petrifying" prefix.
    Mawg
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    Mawg wrote: »
    I get attacked by a boss - part of Goluux, and now a boss in the scrapyard.

A two colo(u)red bar appears above me with a white work glove on each end. The bar is yellow and .. red? black? I can't recall.

It starts with a divider in the middle, which moves towards one end and I die. It is not seduce, I know that much.

What is the effect called - and how can I get out of it?

Pretty sure those are arrows.... and you should do what it symbolizes, as in press the arrows repeated....
    The effect is basically the monster/enemy version of a "bind".
  • MawgMawg
    Reactions: 1,350
    edited January 2020
    Thanks guys. You have prodded my memory - either there are arrows, or the white, gloved hads on each end are poiting.

Sounds like you go it. I will post to verify, as soon as I can confirm.