[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Idea for picking up items.

MarckanoMarckano
Reactions: 530
edited December 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I don't think im the only one who think that picking up items for quests is tedious... I was thinking that they could make something close to example Minecraft where the items automaticly glide into your inventory. Or maybe where you press a button and all the items in a certain radius around you get picked up. They could also att an option that toggle between old and new way if you are on a pick-up quest or not.

Anyone else who's with me or am i alone?
darik

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    Maybe alone because there are things called "pets" with skills that auto-pick up items they walk over.
  • MarckanoMarckano
    edited December 2019
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Maybe alone because there are things called "pets" with skills that auto-pick up items they walk over.

Well not everybody plays enough to wanna spend money on the game. Since im away from home for 10 month I don't wanna spend the money just for it to be gone when im back.... And not everybody wants to spend money on games. Generally i don't.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2019
    If you're away from home for ten months then why does it matter anyway? You'll rarely, if ever, be making use of your own suggestion.

And honestly? Something like this would never happen because nexon sells pets and pet skills to pick up drops. Why would they shoot themselves in the foot by selling one method of picking things up while also offering a free, less obtuse method of picking things up?
    YinYangX
  • MarckanoMarckano
    edited January 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    If you're away from home for ten months then why does it matter anyway? You'll rarely, if ever, be making use of your own suggestion.

And honestly? Something like this would never happen because nexon sells pets and pet skills to pick up drops. Why would they shoot themselves in the foot by selling one method of picking things up while also offering a free, less obtuse method of picking things up?

fair enough, you got a point.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    Marckano wrote: »
    Well not everybody plays enough to wanna spend money on the game. Since im away from home for 10 month I don't wanna spend the money just for it to be gone when im back.... And not everybody wants to spend money on games. Generally i don't.

100% f2p and I don't have a lack of pet problem. Free pets from events and bosses and almost free Water of Life to revive them. Not sure why you're assuming you have to pay money to get a pet/keep it alive.
    Fuhreak
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited January 2020
    Id love to see this happen but implementing this will make them lose money from pets.
    Plus a pet isnt a lot of money,for 5 bucks u can get one and revive it with rewards shop water of life. This game is free to play keep that in mind.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited January 2020
    If you're not on Reboot, with the new addition of wonder pets, pets are being sold on the auction house for as low as 100m.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited January 2020
    vac pet skill you ask you get...
    i dont think we are far from things like nexon selling full farm/bossing system automated service
    untill the point where you dont need play MS just mail nexon your credit card info and you will be ranked and all that

#modernMapleSADtoryDAYS
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    vac pet skill you ask you get...
    i dont think we are far from things like nexon selling full farm/bossing system automated service
    untill the point where you dont need play MS just mail nexon your credit card info and you will be ranked and all that

#modernMapleSADtoryDAYS

I mean look at Arcane River Express Pass. xd
    WONDERGUYdarik
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited January 2020
    Cmon guys don't balk at Nexon for using these tactics, it's not as if they can make Maple successful by legitimately being a good game alone, they have to do these things
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited January 2020
    Cmon guys don't balk at Nexon for using these tactics, it's not as if they can make Maple successful by legitimately being a good game alone, they have to do these things
    they dont have to do that... in fact there is no game company around that saw good benefit from such tactics and keept doing so
    also they fall so bad to the point where there is no team/power to keep the game without copy-paste from korea
    there is so many ways without directly ruining game/game mechanic or their motto MapleStory is a free-to-play, 2D, side-scrolling massively multiplayer online role-playing game
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited January 2020
    I said it before and i say it now, i wouldnt mind paying like in WOW, 10 dollars a month if the game was optimiced to the maximun, there werent so many dcs,buggs, and some qol changes like this get implemented and nx stuff was obtainable through game without needing to pay real money.
    WONDERGUY
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    darik wrote: »
    I said it before and i say it now, i wouldnt mind paying like in WOW, 10 dollars a month if the game was optimiced to the maximun, there werent so many dcs,buggs, and some qol changes like this get implemented and nx stuff was obtainable through game without needing to pay real money.

I mean you can get some nx stuff from the occasional Maplehood event, rewards shop, and monthly green cube from Fairy bros. =L