[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Sitting at 200...

JostabeereJostabeere
Reactions: 650
edited January 2020 in General Chat
So I finally got my first one to 200. And I read up and got told to do Arcane river to boost my damage, since everyone says when you hit 5th job, you get a lot stronger.
Buzzwords like "quadruple damage to before 5th job" or "massive skills" fell, but I am kinda... Dunno, bummed out about my Kanna.
I got 3 new skills which do decent damage, but nothing crazy.
What do I have to do to get that massive increase in damage output? I assume I finished the first arcane river area by defeating the worm boss. What now? I got my arcane symbol and I have 30 arcane power. How do I increase it exactly? Where d I drop or buy more arcane symbols? How do I actually raise anything in the V Matrix?
I read somewhere the whole thing starts in the 2nd area. Does this mean I need to level to 210 to be able to get anything damage related, or am I seeing it wrong?
Is there a general guide on what to do to get the most out of the fresh 5th job start?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2020
    Welcome to dailystory, it's all grind-hell from here on out.

There are two npcs on the left side of nameless town, near the portal back to temple of time. The one on the right offers you five areal quests consisting of kill or collect objectives. The requirements are as follows:
    • Kill 200 mobs(130 for lantern erdas)
    • Collect 50 samples(33 for lantern erdas)
    • Collect 30 inhibitors and deliver them to an npc out in the area you collected the inhibitors from
      • Oblivion: weathered land of rage and sorrow
      • Extinction: fire zone
      • Repose: below the cave

The npc on the left is a small party quest which is explained here.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    My advice for this point onward is to only spend enough time to cap and hit whatever quota you set for yourself on EXP.
    After that, either move to a mule if you feel like it or stop playing.
    Your biggest focus should be to not burn out, it's a stamina battle from here on out.
    As long as you don't burn yourself out, you'll go far.
    But the moment you burn out and stop doing your daily login/grind, that's when you'll stop making progress.
    I usually try to stop playing before I actually want to each day.
    This gives a constant "I wanted to do more" feeling which helps keep the game fresh.

On the average day, I will only play MapleStory for about 2-4 hours each day.
    If you can handle more then good on you, but remember that you will eventually burn out.
    You want to delay that as much as possible.
    Good luck and be sure to remember that MapleStory is supposed to be fun above all else, don't lose sight of that.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited January 2020
    Jostabeere wrote: »
    What do I have to do to get that massive increase in damage output?
    You need a rare items known as "credit card" to massively boost your damage output.

Your damage output can be increased by 50% by having arcane force of 1.5 x (required field arcane force). For example, if you need 60 arcane force to deal full damage, you need 90 arcane force to deal 1.5 times the damage. You get these arcane force by doing daily quests that give you arcane symbols. Arcane symbol selector is also available on coin shop, so spend some coins to raise your arcane force. If your character is tera burned character, the title you get for reaching 200 will give you extra 30 arcane force. With the basic arcane symbol after quest giving you 30 arcane force, you're gonna have total of 60 AF. Do a daily and buy some arcane symbols from coin shops. Then invest your hyper stat on arcane force to make your arcane force 90. This will allow you to do 1.5 times the damage to all the mobs in vanishing journey area.
    As for V-matrix, you need an item called "Nodestones" which drop from any mobs in arcane river region. The drop rate of this nodestone is very low, however, and they're expensive af on auction house. You're gonna need to start invest pretty much all your event coins now and in the future on getting as many nodestones as you can get from on going events. Events are going to be main sources of your nodestones, unless you want to spend real $ to buy nodestone from auction house. When you're done with leveling up V-Matrix, your damage output will be doubled.

The biggest things that affects your damage output the most are your equips and v-matrix. Post pictures of your equips if you want advice on your gears.

Also, you seem to be only looking at damage of skills. There are more to skills than just damage such as utilities and party buffs. Read your 5th job skill description completely. You'll find Kanna's 5th job skills are not at all "nothing crazy."
    FuhreakLilyflower
  • JostabeereJostabeere
    edited January 2020
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    Post pictures of your equips if you want advice on your gears.
    5ca6943390.png
    Potted with 3%INT on hat, pendant, robe, and shoes.
    9% int on face, 3%int and 3% all stats on earrings, 6% Int on eyes, 6% int on pants, 5% int on gloves and 8% crit on fan.
    Also if important, I'm on Bera.
    I get around 390-417K fully buffed.
    12* on fan, armor with 7*, rest between 7-10*.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2020
    What do I have to do to get that massive increase in damage output?

Your damage output can be increased by 50% by having arcane force of 1.5 x (required field arcane force). For example, if you need 60 arcane force to deal full damage, you need 90 arcane force to deal 1.5 times the damage.

If you mouse over the arcane power bar underneath the minimap, it'll tell you how much you're over by, and what your dealing/receiving damage ratio is. When you're over by 150%(so the 1.5x mentioned above) you'll have a deal/receive damage ratio of 150%/0%, meaning you'll deal 50% more damage and take hits of 1 damage. Exception to this being those flying little potion-locking bastards that will always do a percentage of your max hp as damage; even when you're at 150/0 you'll still take a 10% knock from them.
    5ca6943390.png
    9% int on face, 3%int and 3% all stats on earrings, 6% Int on eyes, 6% int on pants, 5% int on gloves and 8% crit on fan.

No potential on the kanna ring or your emblem. That, my friend, is a problem you need to solve. Greed pendant is not worth using. Start doing gollux, look up a guide if necessary, should be plenty.
    Jostabeere
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited January 2020
    5ca6943390.png

You're gonna have to get 100% critical rate in this game. Raise different characters with link skills or legion effect of raising your critical rate (Phantom, NightLord, and explorer archers). And while raising different characters, make sure to use treasure rune, which gives you low level epic items. Get epic pants, top, gloves, shoes and hat with this method. Then use occult cubes you get from doing bosses to turn these epic potentials to at least 2 lines of int (either int 9% or int6% + int #). Then transfer these potentials to your hat, top and bottom with transfer hammer. As for gloves and shoes, do rounds of normal Hilla and Von Leon everyday and collect their gloves and shoes until you get ones with bonus stat of 50 or higher. To calculate bonus stat (the green number on items), consider value of +int # as it is, +magic attk 1 as +5 int and + #% all stat as # x 10, and add these values together (i.e +30 int, +4% all stat, +5 mattk are totaling to 95). Transfer hammer low level epic 2 lines to these gloves and shoes.
    Critical rate on your weapon is unnecessary. Use occult cube to get at least 6% magic attk. Then use some of your event coins to buy epic potential scrolls and apply it on emblem. Use occult cubes to get it to 6% magic attk as well.
    Use event coins to buy train boost potion and use it to raise your charm to level 30. This will let you do quest to unlock your pocket item. Then buy holy pink cup with bonus stat of at least 60 from auction house. If it's too pricey, use red stone you get from Hilla as temp until you have enough money. Buy royal black metal shoulder from auction house and use epic pot scroll from coin shop and occult cubes to make 2 int line potential. Buy golden clover belt with around 40-50 bstat, and get cracked and solid gollux belts from auction house or daily gollux runs. Again, use event epic pot and occult cubes to make 2 int line potential on your cracked gollux belt. Transfer the potential onto golden clover belt using solid gollux belt as medium. Once you have superior gollux belt, you can transfer hammer golden clover belt pot to superior gollux belt.
    Jostabeere
  • JostabeereJostabeere
    edited January 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »

No potential on the kanna ring or your emblem. That, my friend, is a problem you need to solve. Greed pendant is not worth using. Start doing gollux, look up a guide if necessary, should be plenty.
    Can I pot these? I use Greed pendant for the item drop and it is also by far the best I have. I am in the process of potting a Horntail amulet.
    I know how to fight Gollux, and already did with another character. Will I be able to do a stronger version, or is the cracked Gollux set already better?

You're gonna have to get 100% critical rate in this game. Raise different characters with link skills or legion effect of raising your critical rate (Phantom, NightLord, and explorer archers).
    Which one would be the easiest to get to say 140? I am not too keen to level 210 characters just to have a skill bonus on one which is just above 200.
    And while raising different characters, make sure to use treasure rune, which gives you low level epic items. Get epic pants, top, gloves, shoes and hat with this method.
    I can't do that. I'm from Europe, and I can't hit the bubbles with the armor. Well, I can, but the game never registers them. Had no issue on EU.
    Use event coins to buy train boost potion and use it to raise your charm to level 30. This will let you do quest to unlock your pocket item. Then buy holy pink cup with bonus stat of at least 60 from auction house. If it's too pricey, use red stone you get from Hilla as temp until you have enough money. Buy royal black metal shoulder from auction house and use epic pot scroll from coin shop and occult cubes to make 2 int line potential.
    Know about Pocket slot. Working on it rn.
    Buy royal black metal shoulder from auction house and use epic pot scroll from coin shop and occult cubes to make 2 int line potential.
    Is this really better than the Princess No quest line set I have? I have a pretty good one on me already, just need to flame and cube it.
    Buy golden clover belt with around 40-50 bstat, and get cracked and solid gollux belts from auction house or daily gollux runs. Again, use event epic pot and occult cubes to make 2 int line potential on your cracked gollux belt. Transfer the potential onto golden clover belt using solid gollux belt as medium. Once you have superior gollux belt, you can transfer hammer golden clover belt pot to superior gollux belt.
    Will the shoulders and the Belt be better than the Princess No stuff?

Anyway, thanks for the great reply.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited January 2020
    Which one would be the easiest to get to say 140? I am not too keen to level 210 characters just to have a skill bonus on one which is just above 200.
    NightLord is gonna be easiest to 140, but i'm gonna tell you right now that you have to raise them all. And not just these critical rate characters, but all the other ones that buffs your damage, boss damage, magic attack, all stat, ignore defense, extra exp and etc. Difference between not having full link skills and high level legion and having them is tremendous in both funded and non funded players. If you're going to play without spending a lot of real money, these things are pretty much absolute essentials.
    . I am in the process of potting a Horntail amulet.
    I know how to fight Gollux, and already did with another character. Will I be able to do a stronger version, or is the cracked Gollux set already better?
    Cracked gollux set is worthless, other than being transfer hammer medium. Superior gollux set is the strongest equips that gollux gives. If you defeat gollux head without defeating it's shoulders and heart, it will drop, with low chance, superior gollux belt and pendant. Superior gollux ring and earring need to be acquired through gollux coin shop with green gollux coins. You're going to scroll all these superior gollux equips with gollux scrolls which can also be bought from gollux coin shop.
    I can't do that. I'm from Europe, and I can't hit the bubbles with the armor. Well, I can, but the game never registers them. Had no issue on EU.
    Welp sucks to sucks. This is the cheapest way of getting epic tier equips. You're just gonna have to either buy epic scrolls from coin shops or buy epic tier equips from AH. Just make sure to get epic tier equips with req level 120 or below since level 130 and above equips will require you to use 10 times more meso to cube them.
    Is this really better than the Princess No quest line set I have? I have a pretty good one on me already, just need to flame and cube it.
    DO NOT FLAME that princess no belt. And yes, golden clover belt and royal black metal shoulder will be much better because they are part of boss accessory set, which will give you much better set effects than sengoku sets.
    Jostabeere