[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Fusion Anvil Restrictions

VolcharaVolchara
Reactions: 795
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
This may or may not have been brought up before, but the restriction of "same gender" for fusion anvils, really needs to go for non gender specific equipment.

The "same gender" part within the description is misleading and bluntly put, inadequate for describing how the anvil works.

Non gender specific equipment is equipable by both male and female characters.

It is therefore quite reasonable to assume that a Fusion Anvil will allow non gender specific equips to take the appearance of either male or female equips.

We already have a system in game that allows for this (The FriendStory Needle/Cosmetic System) and it sets a precedence for (and implications towards) the functioning of Fusion Anvils.

Why is it that you cannot Anvil a CRA top and bottoms to the Male/Female top of bottoms of your choice, but you can have a FriendStory NPC take a non gender specific overall and change its appearance to a male/female overall (within a given selection)?

Its absurd.

Both systems are essentially doing the same thing (changing item appearance) so why is there a need for such a restriction on Anvils when it comes to non specific equipment?

Thoughts?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    The "problem" is that you could take your CRA bottoms and anvil them to a skirt, and then wear that skirt on a male character. I'm sure you'll agree that that would be far too scandalous for an innocent children's game.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    I just wish you could anvil a female overall onto something genderless...but it wil lretain the Gender restriction...(my Demon Slayer noob top, for example)
  • StargethStargeth
    Reactions: 2,680
    edited June 2017
    I've suggested this idea many times in the past and it didn't get much attention... I do still stand by the idea, though. All you have to do is lock the gender's item, as Petalmagic put it, to prevent the scandalous aspect of it.
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited June 2017
    Stargeth wrote: »
    I've suggested this idea many times in the past and it didn't get much attention... I do still stand by the idea, though. All you have to do is lock the gender's item, as Petalmagic put it, to prevent the scandalous aspect of it.

And in the event that someone wants a specific item, but it's the opposite gender, it can be re-anviled or there could be a way to remove anviled appearances implemented. Gender locking has been pretty inconsistent so far anyway. Many clearly female NX covers have been released and aren't restricted to female characters.
  • StargethStargeth
    Reactions: 2,680
    edited June 2017
    @Rolls: Very true.. how there are already skirts with no gender.

The thing that baffles me is that this functionality ALREADY EXISTS, namely that once an item's appearance is assigned, the gender of that item is locked, for the School Uniform for Friendstory. Why can't Nexon simply add this functionality to all items? If Nexon deems it as a viable strategy for the School Uniform outfit, then why can't we have it for other items like anviling Trixter pants to a male bottom and keep the Trixter pants as male-only?

As Rolls said, you could even add an ability to re-fuse the gender to another item to change the gender back to neutral or to female.
  • NamazuNamazu
    Reactions: 100
    So you can't fuse a (male) item onto a female character's equipment? I want to fusion anvil white jangoon pants onto my cra pants, but they are male specific and my character is female. (If you don't know, the white jangoon pants are the level 40 warrior pants).
  • hanaflorhanaflor
    Reactions: 500
    edited October 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    I'm sure you'll agree that that would be far too scandalous for an innocent children's game.

no
  • TrystarrTrystarr
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited October 2018
    The "problem" is that you could take your CRA bottoms and anvil them to a skirt, and then wear that skirt on a male character. I'm sure you'll agree that that would be far too scandalous for an innocent children's game.

Sarcasm, right?
  • MarthRoyMarthRoy
    Reactions: 740
    edited January 2020
    I am trying to cosplay on All of my toons. I have a Link character. The closest thing to his tunic in the game that I found is the Nova training Gear that Angelic Buster starts with. "Sweet" I thought, I'll just fusion anvil it onto an overall and give it to my MALE explorer paladin. Until I found out I couldn't do that because the fusion anvil won't let me overlay the nova training gear onto a gender neutral outfit.

You say it's scandelous and yet it isnt. How is the Nova training gear female specific. I know the class is female only but that training gear by very nature is Gender Neutral by appearance and by lore. A male should be able to wear it.

Also, I WANT TO COSPLAY AS LINK, why do you make it so darn difficult to cosplay in this game. I would give you so much more money if I could have easier customization options but this game is so darn limiting it frustrates me.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited January 2020

This game literally has a slot machine called cubes. This is NOT an innocent children's game (not anymore at least).
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2020
    Penguinz0 wrote: »

This game literally has a slot machine called cubes. This is NOT an innocent children's game (not anymore at least).

If you were going to go the "this game has a literal slot machine" route, you should've gone with the literal spinning wheels marvel machine.