[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Reset time confusion x.x

AndromedyAndromedy
Reactions: 1,720
edited June 2019 in General Chat
So when exactly IS the server reset time. Everything i've read said it's at 12am(midnight) UTC time, which would be 5pm PST. But it is now already reset at 4pm PST. I know that American daylight savings time has a weird effect on things, but even now at 4:54PM pst googling UTC time says its still 11:54PM. So I'm a bit confused here. If anyone can elaborate for my brain cell to try and grasp that'd be wonderful.

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2019
    For reference, you have posted this 5 minute before reset.
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    edited June 2019
    Rexaar wrote: »
    For reference, you have posted this 5 minute before reset.

But I did Zakum this morning at like 10am. And just did it again at 4:30 ...? Unless im a complete moron and they re added doing it twice?

Edit: Update, I just went into Zakum at 5pm and it kicked us all out into El Nath. FUN :^)
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Currently, the server resets at 5PM Pacific time.
    I am in California and able to verify that the server reset for me at the proper time, which I can verify from my Threads of Fate status.

You should check your computer's clock, it might be incorrect. My computer did something similar back in March.
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    edited June 2019
    Neospector wrote: »
    Currently, the server resets at 5PM Pacific time.
    I am in California and able to verify that the server reset for me at the proper time, which I can verify from my Threads of Fate status.

You should check your computer's clock, it might be incorrect. My computer did something similar back in March.

Well I know my computer definitely isn't wrong. Honestly at this point, it's probably my one brain cell just thinking i've done something when I havent. >->
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    I would recommend setting two clocks on your computer. One for your local timezone, one for UTC.
    Personally I just leave mine on UTC and adjust manually for time zones. Knowing your UTC offset helps.
    PDT (-7), MDT (-6), CDT (-5), EDT (-4) for Standard time, you just add +1 minus one to each of these.
    Edit: So that -7 Becomes -8, -6 becomes -7, etc. Edit for clarity.
    It should be noted that UTC (and Nexon) do NOT follow daylight savings, so when daylight savings starts/ends, the server reset time "changes."
  • ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited January 2020
    It's 4pm Pacific Time now, right? God, I wish they post this officially.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020

The official time is midnight UTC. Pacific Standard Time is -8 UTC. This means that 8 hours before midnight is the reset.
    So yes, 4pm PST. The "confusion" probably comes from the fact that UTC has no daylight savings. This means that whenever your clocks change, reset will also "change".
    ota9x55ruri2ppon
  • ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited January 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »

The official time is midnight UTC. Pacific Standard Time is -8 UTC. This means that 8 hours before midnight is the reset.
    So yes, 4pm PST. The "confusion" probably comes from the fact that UTC has no daylight savings. This means that whenever your clocks change, reset will also "change".

I remember this official website of Maplestory or maybe it was some ingame clock actually showed the time inside Maplestory, that really helped for people like me who would love to check the time. But hey, thanks a lot for the info!
This discussion has been closed.