[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Aggregated Suggestion List for a Better MapleStory

WardineWardine
Reactions: 365
edited January 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I originally posted this on Reddit to get input from the community over there and now I want yours. Feel free to criticize anything on this list but remember this is for the betterment of the game for all of us. You can find the original post here.

Suggestions Nexon Global Could Implement

Community Favorites

Bring back a way to earn pottable badges or at least make the ones we have transferable within your own account

Make almost everything transferable within your account. ex: Lucid Droplets, event items, growth potions, chairs, medals, etc.

Fix the memory leak issue

Fix Jett

Fix the bot catcher and auto ban system - daruuza

Reopen the Tespia Server and add incentive to find bugs

Have all Game Masters actually play the game (this could be as simple as an hour a day during their normal work hours)

Update the character ranking page to be more detailed and streamlined - PeeSock

Chat

Add more chat functions such as letters from other regions. ex: åäö - E1336

Update the chat filter to ignore censored words made up of two separate words. ex: if you type "symbols in" you get "sym**** *n" I don't even know what a bolsi is

Add an option turn off the chat filter completely

Add an option for chat timestamps - DoubleKillGG

Bring back world notifications when players do something impressive similarly to when Horn Tail or Pink Bean used to get defeated.

Allow typing in other languages - DiximaN

Suggestions Nexon Korea Could Implement

Skills

Switch buffs that have a 100% up-time to passive skills. ex: Maple Warrior, Weapon Booster

Reduce the cast time of 5th job decent skills

Add the ability to macro 5th job decent skills

Remove the daily link skill transfer limit - Orange-Army

Increase the amount of link skills you can use at once, even if just by two

Bosses

De-bug Hard Lotus and Hard Damien

Change Hard Lotus' ground lightning to a map attack instead of a boss attack so binds don't delay the lightning

Add the option to choose which phase you want to practice on in practice mode - AxelChannel

Remove the clear count from bosses like Chaos Root Abyss where your party clears after you have died out/disconnected - AxelChannel

Remove the requirement to kill each Root Abyss boss 10 times before being able to take on the Chaos versions - Reburn99

Automaic RP gain when killing bosses rather than completing the Cash Shop quest - AkkiMylo

Cash Shop

Make MVP rewards selectable day to day. If you're paying $300 a month to keep a rank, you should be able to choose your rewards.

Make the cash shop accessible to all characters on an account regardless of class. Why should you be cut off from your own cash items?

Make all cash equips unisex - VeraDicere

Change the Arcane River Express Pass from Maple Points to Reward Points

Increase the RP Daily/Monthly limit during events like Maple Relay

Items

Make all same items stackable

Revert the buff freezer, safety charm, and respawn tokens bought from Matilda to permanent items until used

Make Arcane Symbols and Droplets drop past Esfera

Add an option to open all stackable items at once. ex: Nodestones, Symbol Selectors - MrYonax

Reboot

Allow gear to be moved throughout your own account in Reboot - Echochamber52, Relevantie, chaoscauser, Orange-Army, anquore

Re-scale monster HP in Non-KMS maps in Reboot to be more in line with the rest of the game - CTL17

Make Zero available in Reboot - Gamer63200

Fix the Reboot drop table so only equips for your job drop - chaoscauser

Other

Expand how many items your pets can ignore

Make all buffs persist through disconnections

Add a way to remove unwanted quests from the Maple Mailbox lightbulb

Make all cut scenes skippable

Change the burning field mechanic to reset the burning fall off timer when a FireStarter Ring is used. ex: Currently if you have a field at 90 burning with 5 minutes until it drops to 80 and a FSR is casted, the field will drop from 100 to 90 after 5 minutes rather than 15

Make the captcha when activating runes/herbs/minerals more visible. They're almost impossible to see sometimes especially if you're colorblind

Remove the need to input your PIC while working on nodes

Add "select all" features for disassembling nodes. ex: "All Level 1 boost nodes not in use"

Add a way to switch between characters faster than logging in and out

Update the Monster Codex

Finish the 1920 x 1080 Resolution

Add Dailies/Weeklies/PQs for Droplets/Symbols for characters past level 250 - Koen

Bring back party play zones like Hall of Honor and Lion Heart Castle - Koen

Add incentives to actually do party quests - dress-to-depress, bdo7boi

Remove Gloom's attacks in moonbridge maps - AxelChannel

Add a toggle/slider for window transparency while in combat - Fthku

Remove teleport delay on Explorer mage classes - Fthku, vio133

Add a medal holder similar to chair and soul bags - semperhijack

Keep MVP buffs after disconnecting like exp coupons do - 1000Dragon

Ability to toggle on and off on windows that pop up when logging on as well as add a save state to those windows. ex: Reward Points, Guide, News - E1336

While enhancing items, have safeguard be checked by default and only unchecked manually - IrresistablePizza

Remove the meso gain penalty when above a certain level - BanksterWolf

Nerf the Messenger of Darkness - HarbingerConquest, aso888

Add a function for searching all characters for items instead of logging on to each one - TheInactiveWall

Remove crafting cooldown; fatigue is a good enough limiting system - MrYonax

Same-sex marriage - JordynSoundsLikeMe

Equip template pages like the Legion System - Eight111, MrYonax

Expand the job change function to more classes - Faithfullee

Fix channel changing to require only one try - de1nquency, Milanmachine

Add a worldwide party finding system for bosses, PQs, etc - everboy8

Restock the Gollux shop, possibly monthly or quarterly - AxelChannel

Add the player housing system from other versions - caoscauser
SausageMuffinSlicedTimeAKisTurtlesRockaufeuz

Comments

• SausageMuffinSausageMuffin
    Reactions: 835
    edited January 2020
    I would love to see the party play zones become implemented into the game again, especially towards the higher levels of the game. Being able to train with other players while receiving good exp would make progressing in this game a lot less lonely and enjoyable.

I do believe that the channel changing requiring 2 tries is to combat botters, but I may be wrong. It can get quite annoying at times though.
    Wardine
  • WardineWardine
    edited January 2020
    I would love to see the party play zones become implemented into the game again, especially towards the higher levels of the game. Being able to train with other players while receiving good exp would make progressing in this game a lot less lonely and enjoyable.

I do believe that the channel changing requiring 2 tries is to combat botters, but I may be wrong. It can get quite annoying at times though.

Yeah I think it's for botters too but it really only hurts the people actually playing the game
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    I'm personally against all of the following in some way or another.
    Bring back a way to earn pottable badges or at least make the ones we have transferable within your own account
    Pottable badges are overpowered compared to KMS content. Either KMS should allow potential on badges or I'm fine with these fading away with time. I'm sure I'm alone on this "issue".

Increase the amount of link skills you can use at once, even if just by two
    I'd rather link skill system get merged into legion somehow to be honest.

Allow gear to be moved throughout your own account in Reboot - Echochamber52, Relevantie, chaoscauser, Orange-Army, anquore
    I think this defeats a lot of the purpose of Reboot actually. As a Reboot player I think this would make things even more easy than they already are.
    Reboot is supposed to be a hard server. Stop making it easier.

Make all cut scenes skippable
    Only after at least one character has seen it.

Update the Monster Codex
    I'd rather see this removed.

Remove Gloom's attacks in moonbridge maps - AxelChannel
    I think they make the maps unique and they already removed the knockback from these. They're fine honestly.

While enhancing items, have safeguard be checked by default and only unchecked manually - IrresistablePizza
    I'd rather it be the other way around honestly. I'm cheap and I don't use it. They should just fix the random unchecking and have it save your selection properly instead.

Remove the meso gain penalty when above a certain level - BanksterWolf
    Widen it maybe, but I don't think players should be able to stay in a map forever.

Nerf the Messenger of Darkness - HarbingerConquest, aso888
    I think he's supposed to be a stronger eboss designed to be taken down by parties. If you don't like him, seek help from a guild or party.

I'd rather see marriage removed.

Expand the job change function to more classes - Faithfullee
    This makes explorers unique. Other than that, there aren't any other classes this really works with.

As for things I'd like to see, here are some suggestions I've made in the past.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/22515/quality-of-life-standardize-upward-jumps
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/26053/boss-design-horntail-pink-bean
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/22638/quality-of-life-fixed-external-chat-box-location
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/22420/feature-suggestion-party-buff-icons
  • WardineWardine
    edited January 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Pottable badges are overpowered compared to KMS content. Either KMS should allow potential on badges or I'm fine with these fading away with time. I'm sure I'm alone on this "issue".

But this isn't KMS and it's pretty unfair that we could have BiS items just wasting away on characters we don't play anymore.

Why?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2020
    Wardine wrote: »
    Reopen the Tespia Server and add incentive to find bug

Doesn't really matter. There were bugs reported during the last test server shenanigans a couple years ago that made it into live anyway.
    SlicedTime
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020

Good EXP isn't the problem. With the right setup you can easily earn more EXP by being in a party on the right map with the right people.
    There's still the issue of drops, mesos and selection of good maps, especially at the higher levels. EXP isn't the only reason people don't party up.
    Remember, a lot of people were killing themselves on purpose to stay at a certain level. If anything, more EXP is one of the last things high level people want.
    Wardine wrote: »
    But this isn't KMS and it's pretty unfair that we could have BiS items just wasting away on characters we don't play anymore.
    Something that I argue hurts our version of the game. I'm a clear defender that KMS is the better version of the game and I'll fight for a more 1:1 copy of the KMS version.
    You don't have to agree with that and I don't expect many people to. I just think in the long run it's the better decision.
    I'm not against the transfer of said items, but I personally don't think they should make a return.
    If we're going to see potential on badges I'd rather see potential on KMS badges.
    The reasoning being that the Ghost Ship and Sengoku badges are far too easy to obtain and yet still somehow outrank drops from bosses.
    Why?
    Sex/Gender is completely pointless in this game anyway. Marriage has no real place in this game. If you want to cherish people, do it irl instead.
    All marriage systems do is lead to pointless drama.
  • SausageMuffinSausageMuffin
    Reactions: 835
    edited January 2020
    Whether or not they bring back the potable badges, I think that if a player has those badges on another character that they no longer play, that they should be allowed to transfer it at least within their own account.
    WardineFuhreakSlicedTimedarikWONDERGUY
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020

Good EXP isn't the problem. With the right setup you can easily earn more EXP by being in a party on the right map with the right people.
    There's still the issue of drops, mesos and selection of good maps, especially at the higher levels. EXP isn't the only reason people don't party up.
    Remember, a lot of people were killing themselves on purpose to stay at a certain level. If anything, more EXP is one of the last things high level people want.

The arguments against this sounds like a reboot only problem. I would definitely like the ability to group up and grind together for a meaningfully better exp rate. I would also like exp coupons to be enabled for 250-275 in the cash shop.

Maps with insanely high HP/EXP/Drop rate would be great to grind with up to 6 people together. Imagine enemies not falling over because there was a gentle gust of wind.

==========================================================

For the badge issue:

The method they have chosen is the worst of all possibilities. They let everyone keep their badges and are only screwing over every new character. This isn't really a solution allowing every character made before X date to have such a large advantage. They all need to go or they need to be available to everyone.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    JushiroNet wrote: »

The arguments against this sounds like a reboot only problem. I would definitely like the ability to group up and grind together for a meaningfully better exp rate. I would also like exp coupons to be enabled for 250-275 in the cash shop.

I'm not arguing against party play zones. I'm just saying there's more to the issue than just that of EXP.
    Seems a bit strange to me why there aren't better party play maps when you think about it in the light of Reboot vs Normal.
    Considering that reboot isn't very popular in Korea you would think they'd have good party maps for normal servers.
    Maps with insanely high HP/EXP/Drop rate would be great to grind with up to 6 people together. Imagine enemies not falling over because there was a gentle gust of wind.

I wish for these too.
    For the badge issue:

The method they have chosen is the worst of all possibilities. They let everyone keep their badges and are only screwing over every new character. This isn't really a solution allowing every character made before X date to have such a large advantage. They all need to go or they need to be available to everyone.

This is why I think a potential on KMS badges is the best answer. It's not really going to hurt their balance too much and it alleviates this issue a little.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited January 2020
    They just need 3 basic thinga to improve and the game will be way better:
    Fix the 2 pc meta by giving decent kishin or increasing general spawn rate to kishin lv or by improving the fury totem system by only consuming the time when its casted or make it last longuer for the same price.
    Improve stability so u dont dc as much.
    Make playing multiple mains more viable by making arcane river dailies easier to finish on characters that are lower lv than ur main.
    Implementing these 3 thing will make the game so much better than it is now.
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited January 2020
    potential in badges could be fixed by adding the pot on black mage badge and therefore it would be the BiS for every server as it should be since the boss is currently the hardest one out.
    pt maps i would love to see and some areas seem to have plenty of bigger maps completely suitable for pt grinding.
    Maby add some stat bonuses from monster collection, it's still quite time taking content and ignored by most players.
    darik
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    Latemaster wrote: »
    potential in badges could be fixed by adding the pot on black mage badge and therefore it would be the BiS for every server as it should be since the boss is currently the hardest one out.
    pt maps i would love to see and some areas seem to have plenty of bigger maps completely suitable for pt grinding.
    Maby add some stat bonuses from monster collection, it's still quite time taking content and ignored by most players.

Increasing the better rewards from Monster Collection would be good incentive for players to collect more.
    I don't think Monster Collection really needs a buff that much though. The fact that you can ignore it if you want is honestly a good thing.
    The game already has way too much stuff to do and adding stat bonuses to this is just another thing that players have to do.
  • wisetigerwisetiger
    Reactions: 355
    edited February 2020
    A few more suggestions I'd like to add:

Show all of NPC dialogue at once instead of the typewriter effect. Reason: We use spacebar to skip the typewriter effect anyway so there is no point in having it.

When talking to NPC make your keys focused to that NPC. Reason: When you are talking to one NPC and standing right next to that same NPC while you are pressing or holding your NPC chat hotkey you will have two of the same NPC dialogues.

Nexon has demonstrated capability in instancing maps where many players are in the Glory Guard elite missions. They could implement a way for burning fields to be instanced (not mobs, just the burning effect).

Give us option to toggle censorship.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited January 2020
    shorter list with higher priority

1.server/game stability (especially the login/load time and NGS fake ban-dc)
    2.p2w tune down (especially on gamble department)
    3. hackers/botters ban system...

for really better GMS/NexonNA
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited February 2020
    WONDERGUY wrote: »

P2w is their main income, they need to make money u know,its a company after all. No money income means no game
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited February 2020
    darik wrote: »
    WONDERGUY wrote: »

P2w is their main income, they need to make money u know,its a company after all. No money income means no game

i could agree-see through (somehow) when only cubes (pre-bonus pot) and "light" gachapon was around
    and also when market/population was doing good

but not anymore when 90% of endgame comes only from p2w-gamble like marvel,philo...
    its no excuse "they need to make money" and the issue its mostly in TMS/GMS where regulations are taken loosely
    also many protest with no nx charge untill some p2w-gamble (tunedown-nerf)
  • duelghostduelghost
    Reactions: 1,170
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    MS1 on Stadia?
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited February 2020
    duelghost wrote: »
    MS1 on Stadia?
    stadia its more for "exclusive" triple A title games
    as for cloud gameing/pc there is allready better alternatives around but its mostly worth for offline heavy pc requirements games
    also
    gms/nexonNA has allready bad connection/ping you wont like to add more to it
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited February 2020
    Pipe Dreams: The Thread.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited February 2020
    we can allways hope/dream nexonNA will start update/fix the game as as frequently as cashshop updates

rip ThMS 02.05.2020