[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't unlock Investigation Mode in Wondroid S1

BelloPallyBelloPally
Reactions: 1,905
edited January 2020 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Quest

Brief bug summary: "A Friend Build Just For You" quest can't be completed even after you rescue Aster.

More details:
After the completion of season 3, you gain access to Wondroid event season 1 and 2.
I accepted the quest "A Friend Build Just For You" from Sephia and entered the Rescue Mode to save Aster.
However, when I finished the JQ and returned to the Hideout, Aster was nowhere to be seen.
I've tried forfeiting and completing it again (grudgingly) but the result didn't change.
The quest log says I completed the mission, but the NPCs wouldn't recognize the quest as complete. (shown in the screenshot)
I did not restart or quit the game in the middle of the JQ.
I have participated in the previous Wondroid events.

EDIT: I forfeited the quest, accepted it again, and did a perfect run - no death, no restart, no quitting. The quest is still incomplete.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Finish season 3 of Mechanical Hearts event.
2. Finish tutorial for season 1 and proceed to saving Aster.
3. Return to the Hideout after successfully rescuing Aster.
4. Ta-da! She's... she's gone.

Character name: Jett9051

Character level: 230

Character job: Jett

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: 3:00 PM Pacific, January 30th, 2020

mfytN5t.png

Comments

• Deadly_ArrowsDeadly_Arrows
    Reactions: 1,400
    edited January 2020
    Same thing here, I sent a ticket.

- I also did season 1 when it came out (saved all 8 androids for the medal)
    - I finished season 3 to be able to do season 1/2
    - I started season 1 and saved Aster, back to Hideout but no Aster NPC and no quest to complete.
    - the quest "A Friend Build Just For You" shows as Complete in quest tab but can't made it completed to unlock the next android and exploration mode...
  • AKisAKis
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited January 2020
    Same thing here, I sent a ticket.

- I also did season 1 when it came out (saved all 8 androids for the medal)
    - I finished season 3 to be able to do season 1/2
    - I started season 1 and saved Aster, back to Hideout but no Aster NPC and no quest to complete.
    - the quest "A Friend Build Just For You" shows as Complete in quest tab but can't made it completed to unlock the next android and exploration mode...

I did the same and have the same problem
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited January 2020
    This issue was fixed through today's hot fix (1/31)
    - Fixed an issue where players were unable to complete Aster rescue quest due to a missing NPC Aster. Players who previously completed season 1 and 2 will now see all androids they've rescued in the Hideout map.

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/26843/known-issue-1-29-after-maintenance#latest
  • BelloPallyBelloPally
    edited January 2020
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    This issue was fixed through today's hot fix (1/31)
    - Fixed an issue where players were unable to complete Aster rescue quest due to a missing NPC Aster. Players who previously completed season 1 and 2 will now see all androids they've rescued in the Hideout map.

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/26843/known-issue-1-29-after-maintenance#latest

Thank you for fixing it. However, there seems to be another problem...
  • Deadly_ArrowsDeadly_Arrows
    Reactions: 1,400
    edited February 2020
    I can confirm that it got fixed !
    But @BelloPally what is your problem?

Mine is that i was able to complete all quests without having to save all androids again.
    I completed the Anastacia's quest too but I can't start season 2 ?
  • BelloPallyBelloPally
    edited February 2020
    I can confirm that it got fixed !
    But @BelloPally what is your problem?

Mine is that i was able to complete all quests without having to save all androids again.
    I completed the Anastacia's quest too but I can't start season 2 ?

forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/26875/cant-unlock-quest-for-alora-in-wondroid-s1#latest

I saved all 8 Wonroids, but I cannot progress any further because I can't get the quest to rescue Alora.

And I didn't have to do jump quests either - they were complete as soon as I accepted them.

Nevermind, I just didn't meet the requirement.
  • PsycoForcePsycoForce
    edited February 2020
    After i entered a few times, i am unable to enter again. Spencer just says, "Are you going to investigate Aspire? I'll make the necessary arrangements. Be careful in there." and does not teleport me.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited February 2020
    Limit 5 times per day. They left this detail out in this season.
  • KanyeBeKanyeBe
    Reactions: 100
    Hello there,
    I just finished rescuing Aster but im still unable to choose investigation mode in season 1/2. Someone said this bug was fixed but im still experiencing it today,