[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

One Shot killing the mobs?

TroubleShooting101TroubleShooting101
Reactions: 635
edited March 2020 in General Chat
This question probably has been asked before but I'm new to this game, and I still need more info about how this guy in this video could one-shot kill the mobs at level 200. I am sure it took me 3 times to kill Swollen Stumps with Double Blast. So how did he do this because everyone can only wear pensalir set at this level in Reboot?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    Not everyone has to wear Pensalir at 200 in Reboot. You can wear Empress, Ranmaru, CRA, Sweetwater, and even Absolab equipment, if you can defeat the relevant bosses (by yourself or in a party).

However, Pensalir, along with boss set and Gollux accessories, can be enough to one-shot at Twilight Perion, provided the gear is properly enhanced. You need to get potential on it and cube for 6-9% main stat on armor and accessories, and 6-9% attack on weapon, secondary, and emblem. Also get 10 or 12 stars on everything.
  • TroubleShooting101TroubleShooting101
    edited March 2020
    AKradian wrote: »
    Not everyone has to wear Pensalir at 200 in Reboot. You can wear Empress, Ranmaru, CRA, Sweetwater, and even Absolab equipment, if you can defeat the relevant bosses (by yourself or in a party).

However, Pensalir, along with boss set and Gollux accessories, can be enough to one-shot at Twilight Perion, provided the gear is properly enhanced. You need to get potential on it and cube for 6-9% main stat on armor and accessories, and 6-9% attack on weapon, secondary, and emblem. Also get 10 or 12 stars on everything.

I don't think you can wear CRA set or Empress set at level 200. Because I'm sure you'll need to have 1.5m-2m damage range with 85% ignore def to kill CRA and Empress by yourself in Reboot. Ranmaru set, you cannot cube or craft the armors but the weapon only. So, you will end up with Pensalir until level 220. So Pensalir is the only set you can wear in general at level 140 until 220. I'm saying that most people who play this game are solo players. Not everyone is interested to join a guild. I think this game is just too difficult and I've no time to play this game at all because I've so many other things to do in real life.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020

I don't think you can wear CRA set or Empress set at level 200. Because I'm sure you'll need to have 1.5m-2m damage range with 85% ignore def to kill CRA and Empress by yourself in Reboot. Ranmaru set, you cannot cube or craft the armors but the weapon only. So, you will end up with Pensalir until level 220. So Pensalir is the only set you can wear in general at level 140 until 220. I'm saying that most people who play this game are solo players. Not everyone is interested to join a guild. I think this game is just too difficult and I've no time to play this game at all because I've so many other things to do in real life.

Just because you don't have the time or inclination to join a guild, doesn't mean "nobody" does.
    Many people in Reboot join guilds and get carried for CRA.

However, as I said, CRA is not at all required to 1-shot at Twilight Perion.
    edited March 2020

Just because you don't have the time or inclination to join a guild, doesn't mean "nobody" does.

However, as I said, CRA is not at all required to 1-shot at Twilight Perion.
    Prove it to me that everyone is interested to join a guild. Most of the games that are guild dependent to complete the set equipment are unpopular games and dying eventually. Unlike other games such as Tree of Savior and Black Desert Online are solo-friendly and they are more popular than this stupid Maplestory played by idiot kids like you and you don't need a guild or parties to complete a set of equipment on their games. And why would you say CRA and its ignore defense will not work on mobs. Even regular monsters have their PDR increase on higher levels. Cubing your gears with STR% and ATT% is not enough to one-shot the mobs. I've done this already before I asked this goddamn question and you didn't fckin help. So what are you gonna do about it huh?
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    This is supposedly an MMO still. Plenty of solo game options out there.
    edited March 2020
    I heard from other players in Reddit forums that Maplestory reboot will die eventually for some reason. I didn't believe them at first because I liked the game but now I do believe them because I know the real reason now. I'll probably try Bera and Scania. But I'll start over again. I'm tired of this game already because I leveled up all the explorers until level 150 for legions and bitterness all I get in the end. It sucks. I wasted so much time on this game.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2020
    The fact that the reddit maplestory discord still has the phrase "carry me" filtered by their bot leads me to believe that you are entirely incorrect in your assumption that everyone solos content.

The phrase was blocked in that server specifically because people asked for cra carries and the like so often that it was getting annoying.
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited March 2020
    Prove it to me that everyone is interested to join a guild.

Most of the games that are guild dependent to complete the set equipment are unpopular games and dying eventually. Unlike other games such as Tree of Savior and Black Desert Online are solo-friendly

and they are more popular than this stupid Maplestory played by idiot kids like you and you don't need a guild or parties to complete a set of equipment on their games.

I've done this already before I asked this goddamn question and you didn't fckin help. So what are you gonna do about it huh?

Lol I'm inclined to agree with that bolded statement based on your argument.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    You asked how the guy in the video could be 1-shotting.
    Note that the guy in the video is, in fact, in a guild.
    They probably have CRA and Gollux gear.
    I hope that answers your question as to how it is possible.

It's entirely up to you how you want to play the game, or even whether you want to play it at all.
    Since your question was answered, however, I will lock this thread now.
    Fuhreak
This discussion has been closed.