[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

undercutting by one meso in auction house

JezJez
Reactions: 1,600
edited March 2020 in Rants and Raves
why? the newest listing always goes to the top if the price is identical with the next newest listing

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2020
    Because people are psychologically programmed to buy the cheapest listing, even if it's one meso less. It gets crap moved faster if people are sick of sitting on something.
  • JezJez
    edited March 2020
    if you sort by price the newest listing goes to the top and thus will be the first pick for someone looking for the cheapest
    -1 meso does not make sense
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2020
    Sure it does. You list for one less and anything listed for the same price as everything you're undercutting will end up below it, leaving your listing at the top.
  • JezJez
    edited March 2020
    but the point is the result is the same if you just match the cheapest one
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    If I search for an item and two of the same price pops up (and are exactly the same), I usually buy the one that has been up longer. But if the other one is 1 meso cheaper, you know I'm 'bout to save 1 meso.
  • JezJez
    edited March 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    If I search for an item and two of the same price pops up (and are exactly the same), I usually buy the one that has been up longer. But if the other one is 1 meso cheaper, you know I'm 'bout to save 1 meso.

lol, well ive had people buy my listing thats 1meso more quite often, in fact i just had three sold right now, leaving t two -1 meso undercutters above me
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    What are you complaining about then.
    darik