[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

v212 Jett Nerfs

1DMG1DMG
Reactions: 1,390
edited March 2020 in Rants and Raves
How and why do you keep nerfing Jett with these past updates?

Cast delay "decreases"

[Starline One]: Casting delay will be decreased to better match the timing of the animations.
[Starline Two]: Casting delay will be decreased to better match the timing of the animations.
[Vortex Cross]: Casting delay will be decreased to better match the timing of the animations.
[Starline Three]: Casting delay will be decreased to better match the timing of the animations.
[Falling Stars]: Casting delay will be decreased to better match the timing of the animations.
[Spatial Shift]: Casting delay will be decreased to better match the timing of the animations.
[Maple Warrior]: Adjusted so that its Master Level would be limited to 10 upon first acquiring the skill.
[Allied Fury]: Casting delay will be decreased to better match the timing of the animations.

You increased the base delay of Starline 2 from 540ms to 780ms. That is a 44% delay increase on Jett's strongest skill.

You once again are weakening the weakest and most featureless class there is. Why can't you just delete the class? I am continually angered and perplexed as to the logic behind these changes. What is wrong with you?
WONDERGUY

Comments

• AracelyAracely
    Reactions: 740
    edited March 2020
    I also simply cannot grasp why Jett is always being nerfed despite being the weakest class in the game by far. WHY?!
    darik
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    I just want a Strikeforce Showdown node. Relying on a first/second job skill for bossing is dumb. They aren't even designed to be used late game; they just happen to outdamage the real bossing skills. >:/
    darik
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited March 2020
    we should be thankfull they didnt remove jett as nexon do with things they fail to maintain or follow KMS

for those who dont have jett to 200lvl
    wait on burn,fund your char with exp buff and legion pots untill 2x exp event then forgot about that char
    darik
  • 1DMG1DMG
    edited March 2020
    Bug Type: Gameplay

Bug Summary: Jett's Starline One and Two skill delays were increased in v212 update when the intention was to decrease them.

More details:
    The patch notes state;

[Starline One]: Casting delay will be decreased to better match the timing of the animations.
    [Starline Two]: Casting delay will be decreased to better match the timing of the animations.
    [Vortex Cross]: Casting delay will be decreased to better match the timing of the animations.
    [Starline Three]: Casting delay will be decreased to better match the timing of the animations.
    [Falling Stars]: Casting delay will be decreased to better match the timing of the animations.
    [Spatial Shift]: Casting delay will be decreased to better match the timing of the animations.
    [Maple Warrior]: Adjusted so that its Master Level would be limited to 10 upon first acquiring the skill.
    [Allied Fury]: Casting delay will be decreased to better match the timing of the animations.

For some of these skills this is true. However for Starline One and Starline Two, the casting delay was actually increased.

Starline one cast delay was increased from 600ms to 810ms
    Starline Two cast delay was increased from 540ms to 780ms.

Since Starline Two is Jett's strongest skill by a significant margin, this adversely affects Jett by no small amount, especially considering Jett is already the weakest class in the game.

Please rectify asap.

Steps to reproduce: Perform skill on v212

• 1DMG1DMG
    edited March 2020
    I posted the above post in the Bug Section since clearly the patch notes and what was actually done to the game are opposite.

The fact that this was moved to my Rant and Raves post tells me that this was not a bug, but intentional? So fix the patch notes.
    WONDERGUY
  • MastahiroMastahiro
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited March 2020
    Oh dear, I totally missed this since it wasn't in the bug reporting section and made my own bug report on the issue, how silly of me!

I guess we'll see if it's actually intended or not since it will either get deleted or moved here if it is intentional - Wish they would come out with a statement though
    darik
  • BelloPallyBelloPally
    Reactions: 1,905
    edited March 2020
    Starline Two has definitely gotten faster after today's maintenance. Could somebody check the casting delay of the skill (Starline One and Two) and see if it has been reverted?