[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

My ice/lighting end game weapon

MawgMawg
Reactions: 1,350
edited April 2019 in General Chat
I am level 212 and using a Unique Clever Zakum (lvl 150)

[Update] as pointed out by Agrraphine, it's a fafnir staff (now sure what it means when it says "Unique Clever Zakum")
with:

base stats
int 95
MA 364
Boss 30%
Ignore DEF 10%
Alas. it also has 6% ATT, not MA

Potential
MA 9%
ATT 6%
MA 6%

Bonu sPotential
LUK 12
MA 6
INT 6

Soul weapon INT 12

It's not wonderful (definitely a pity about that 6% ATT on the basic stats), however, I can't see that I will beat the 15% MA potential without investing a lot of NX, or every dropped & bonus cube for the next 3 years.

Question: should I even try for something better? If so, what?

Btw, if anyone cares about the rest of my equips:

I have Dunwich hat INT 9%, robe INT 6% all stats 6%, pants INT 12% Def 6%, Def 6% for a 4 set and 30% boss, but I never party, always solo & haven't really gotten into bossing yet (good idea for a new question).

I also have Alien Fragment Earrings INT 9%, INT 6%, Alien Fragment necklace INT 13% INT 10% , and Alien Fragment belt INT 7%, INT 7%, for a 3 set.

My rings are Synergy INT 6% , INT 9%, Scarlet INT 9% bonus INT 4%, Vengeance INT 9% bonus MA 10 and Reinforced Gollux 6%, allstats 3%.

Top it off with a Tyrant cloak , basic all stats 5%, potential INT 9%, INT 6%, INT 6%, bonus pot MA 3 and a Timeless Shield INT 6%.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2019
    I'm assuming you're referring to your weapon as being a fafnir staff?

Look into replacing the earring and pendant with superior gollux, replace either synergy or vengeance with the same. Other than that, unless you want to go for five-piece absolab, you're more or less set for now. You're definitely not "endgame" by any stretch, but what you've got is decent enough to carry you a ways yet.
    Mawg
  • MawgMawg
    edited February 2019
    Thanks a 1,000,000 for the help F2
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    You're definitely not "endgame" by any stretch.
    Every time I get close, they raise it 50 levels !!

• MawgMawg
    edited February 2019
    And, yup, my weapon is a Clever Zakum / Fanfir mana crown - plus 6% INT face & eye equips.
  • MawgMawg
    edited February 2019
    For the absolab set, I presume that the 30% boss damage on the weapon is cumulative with the 30% boss damage for 5 equips? But, did on my CRA set, so why bother?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2019
    The setup for absolab is to use the cape, shoulder, glove, shoe and weapon. This gets you the five-piece set effect, seen here:
    KvB7zz9.png
    Yes, I'm well aware that's a thief set, but the set effect is the same regardless of class.

Essentially, you lose the 30% boss damage from the cra set, but you gain it back plus about 95 weapon/magic attack from the absolab set. You also gain tier 4 potentials, which is where you'll see 10% unique lines and 13% legendary lines as opposed to tier 3's 9% unique and 12% legendary. You also gain more from scrolls and enhancement stars.

It's a fairly costly route to go, since absolab parts cost, depending on your class and server, ~600m and up.
    Mawg
  • GaIateeaGaIateea
    Reactions: 610
    edited February 2019
    Cannot see the stats on equips
  • MawgMawg
    edited March 2019
    A stupid question, but are those those (M) ATT cumulative? I imagine not, but want to be sure
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Mawg wrote: »
    A stupid question, but are those those (M) ATT cumulative? I imagine not, but want to be sure

They are.
    As with the effects of all other equipment sets, you get the effects of all previous levels, as well as the current one.
    Mawg
  • MawgMawg
    edited March 2020
    You also gain tier 4 potentials, which is where you'll see 10% unique lines and 13% legendary lines as opposed to tier 3's 9% unique and 12% legendary.

Can you explain that "tier" concept? It's a new one to me (although I did notice higher %ages on alien equips

• AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2020
    Mawg wrote: »
    You also gain tier 4 potentials, which is where you'll see 10% unique lines and 13% legendary lines as opposed to tier 3's 9% unique and 12% legendary.

Can you explain that "tier" concept? It's a new one to me (although I did notice higher %ages on alien equips

M7aXZya.png

Taken from here. Note that, while it specifically states "for weapons", the same applies to all equip items; armor, accessory and weapon.
    Mawg