[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon allowing this hacking and banning regulars?

FADR1FADR1
Reactions: 645
edited March 2020 in Rants and Raves
How has Nexon done nothing to crack down on the hacking that is going on right now?
If you have an account in Bera, hopefully with a HT Rock, go to Road to the Mine 1--it's one of the maps leading to the Verne Mine in Edelstein. Tell me, what do you see? Go through all 20 channels, what do you see? HACKERS. Flying all over the map and killing all of the mobs. Go to Verne Mine Shaft 2, what do you see on all 20 channels? That's right, hackers. Go to Ocean I.C., what do you see? Go to any of the maps around Leafre, WHAT DO YOU SEE?? Use all of your reports, nothing will happen.

Now, you may have guessed that I have been banned. I was, and I wrote an appeal. I have a guess it was for picking up the same items as them, but I was completing a quest in the same map as them. I checked all of the channels, what am I supposed to do? Postpone the quest until they're gone? This problem has been going on for what seems to be about two months; resulting in many avid players being banned for being in the same map as them.
http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/27248/leafre-maps-infested#latest
http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/27044/why-why-am-i-permanently-blocked#latest
http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/27004/falsely-got-banned#latest
http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/26762/unfairly-banned-please-give-this-the-time-to-read#latest

Every single person in that list has the same common factor--being in the same map as hackers. And that's just from the first page of this sub.

This was my ban appeal:
Hello,

I was banned while on the same map as hackers, even though I was not hacking. I made 5 reports of the hackers, but they are everywhere! Road to the Mine 1 on all channels--full of hackers. Verne Mine: Shaft 2 full of hackers on all channels. The first map leaving Orbis Tower to Aqua Road as well.

I've been progressing the Resistance story line, I had to pick up items from the Big Spiders in Verne Mine: Shaft 2. Every single channel, from 1-20, is full of groups of hackers. I reported them, and I made a megaphone announcement to get the attention of the GM's. I have been playing the game for almost a decade; I do NOT hack. If I accidentally picked up some of their items, I apologize, but I was in no way attempting to hack or profit from the hackers. I have enough mesos, why would I need some measly spider antennas? I was picking up the required quest item, again I apologize if I picked up some of their loot. I tried my best to avoid them, but they dominate every. single. channel. It took me almost 20 minutes and 10+ channel switches to get what I needed because of them.

Please unban my account, I'll stay out of any maps with hackers in the future.

Who knows what it will do. Or this thread even. I have been playing on my account for almost 10 years, at no point have I ever used a 3rd party software to exploit the game. During that time, I must have made hundreds of user reports for hacking. That holds no merit or factors into who is banned? I have no track record of ever exploiting before, that has no say in the matter?
I love this game, and I hope they unban me. It's been a large chunk of my video game life and it would be devastating to be banned. If this thread does nothing, I think it's worth getting the word out that either (A) Nexon knows of this continual, systematic hacking and they are choosing to do nothing about it, while genuine players who spend legitimate money on this game are banned; or (B) Nexon is complicit with the hacking. I remember playing back in the old-school, Wizet-ran Maplestory when, if you reported a hacker, they were banned in minutes. Now, nothing seems to be done.
WONDERGUYThumperOne1

Comments

• WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited March 2020
    f
    good luck on your unban tho hope it get solved, dont get discouraged on first ticket reply dealing with their system its still painfull
    FADR1
  • FADR1FADR1
    edited April 2020
    This was their response:
    GM Midochie Today at 10:39
    Hello *******,

Thank you for contacting Nexon Player Support. I understand that you are appealing for your banned account. Our records indicate this account was involved in a violation of our Terms of Use or Code of Conduct. Our in game security system has detected Illegal Attack Behavior on the character "Goldenface". Because of this, your account was found to be in violation of the terms of use and was blocked from the game.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the ban I am unable to release your account. As always, players are required to follow the rules. Feel free to read through our Terms of Use and Code of Conduct for more information.

Thank you for your patience while we investigated your appeal. Should you have any questions or concerns in regard to another matter, please do not hesitate to submit a new ticket with a detailed explanation of the issue.​​
    Sincerely,

GM Midochie
    Nexon Player Support

Security Tip: Please do not give your password, PIN, or PIC number to anyone for any reason. Nexon Player Support representatives will NEVER ask you for your password, PIN, or PIC.

This request is closed for comments. You can create a follow-up.

I don't even know how to begin step 1 of learning to hack. What does "Illegal Attack Behavior" even mean? I'm done. It was a fun ride, but this game's over for me. Good luck to those who do play.

I did write this follow-up:
    This is a follow-up to your previous request #921859 "Banned on same map as hackers??"

Excuse me, "Illegal Attack Behavior"?? I don't even know how to "hack" or even where to begin learning about that. I DO NOT HACK. Is there any proof that my client was compromised with an illegal third-party software? Please, reread my original statement. I was on the same map as hackers, trying to avoid them to complete a quest. They're probably still there in all of the maps that I listed. Why are you punishing legitimate players for being on the same map as hackers?? Here's a few other, recent examples of what I am talking about.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/27044/why-why-am-i-permanently-blocked#latest
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/26762/unfairly-banned-please-give-this-the-time-to-read#latest

Legitimate players such as myself who have spent tons of money on this game are being banned and every single one of us has the same common factor--being on the same map as hackers. Hackers are dominating large chunks of the game and nothing is being done even though reports are being made by the second. What is going on?

I let emotions influence my writing, but so be it. I've accepted that it's over at this point.
  • ainslieainslie
    Reactions: 410
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    I empathise with you, I've also been playing maplestory for over a decade (joined at the launch of EMS) and have over 1.5k hours on steam just in the past two years but at the moment I'm genuinely too scared to play my account for fear of getting falsely banned. I know it's only a game and all and this will sound lame but honestly, maplestory has been such a big part of my life and for so long, I don't know what I would do if I lost access to my account. I really do hope you get yours back man, good luck.
    FADR1
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited March 2020
    FADR1 wrote: »
    How has Nexon done nothing to crack down on the hacking that is going on right now?
    If you have an account in Bera, hopefully with a HT Rock, go to Road to the Mine 1--it's one of the maps leading to the Verne Mine in Edelstein. Tell me, what do you see? Go through all 20 channels, what do you see? HACKERS. Flying all over the map and killing all of the mobs. Go to Verne Mine Shaft 2, what do you see on all 20 channels? That's right, hackers. Go to Ocean I.C., what do you see? Go to any of the maps around Leafre, WHAT DO YOU SEE?? Use all of your reports, nothing will happen.

Now, you may have guessed that I have been banned. I was, and I wrote an appeal. I have a guess it was for picking up the same items as them, but I was completing a quest in the same map as them. I checked all of the channels, what am I supposed to do? Postpone the quest until they're gone? This problem has been going on for what seems to be about two months; resulting in many avid players being banned for being in the same map as them.

Every single person in that list has the same common factor--being in the same map as hackers. And that's just from the first page of this sub.

This was my ban appeal:
    Hello,

I was banned while on the same map as hackers, even though I was not hacking. I made 5 reports of the hackers, but they are everywhere! Road to the Mine 1 on all channels--full of hackers. Verne Mine: Shaft 2 full of hackers on all channels. The first map leaving Orbis Tower to Aqua Road as well.

I've been progressing the Resistance story line, I had to pick up items from the Big Spiders in Verne Mine: Shaft 2. Every single channel, from 1-20, is full of groups of hackers. I reported them, and I made a megaphone announcement to get the attention of the GM's. I have been playing the game for almost a decade; I do NOT hack. If I accidentally picked up some of their items, I apologize, but I was in no way attempting to hack or profit from the hackers. I have enough mesos, why would I need some measly spider antennas? I was picking up the required quest item, again I apologize if I picked up some of their loot. I tried my best to avoid them, but they dominate every. single. channel. It took me almost 20 minutes and 10+ channel switches to get what I needed because of them.

Please unban my account, I'll stay out of any maps with hackers in the future.

Who knows what it will do. Or this thread even. I have been playing on my account for almost 10 years, at no point have I ever used a 3rd party software to exploit the game. During that time, I must have made hundreds of user reports for hacking. That holds no merit or factors into who is banned? I have no track record of ever exploiting before, that has no say in the matter?
    I love this game, and I hope they unban me. It's been a large chunk of my video game life and it would be devastating to be banned. If this thread does nothing, I think it's worth getting the word out that either (A) Nexon knows of this continual, systematic hacking and they are choosing to do nothing about it, while genuine players who spend legitimate money on this game are banned; or (B) Nexon is complicit with the hacking. I remember playing back in the old-school, Wizet-ran Maplestory when, if you reported a hacker, they were banned in minutes. Now, nothing seems to be done.

Funny thing is that they can pretty much tell your character isn't hacking by seeing your ign isn't some random gibberish like diasihgihdsighai or 1kjdaihighia. Do they care? No. Are they gonna do anything? No. Just take this as a gift from God himself and walk away from this game. Seriously, they don't care if you hacked or not. The system showed you were in the same map as hacker. Now, they can spend a little bit extra effort to investigate slightly deeper to see if you were the hacker or not. But do they care enough about you to do that? Absolutely fkin not. The system says hacker was in this map, you were also in the map, boom you violated the terms and condition, go read the rule book kid, good bye, the end. That's pretty much how it goes for people who've been unfairly banned. Go play other game where devs actually give a $hit
    WONDERGUYFADR1
  • FADR1FADR1
    edited March 2020
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    Funny thing is that they can pretty much tell your character isn't hacking by seeing your ign isn't some random gibberish like diasihgihdsighai or 1kjdaihighia. Do they care? No. Are they gonna do anything? No. Just take this as a gift from God himself and walk away from this game. Seriously, they don't care if you hacked or not. The system showed you were in the same map as hacker. Now, they can spend a little bit extra effort to investigate slightly deeper to see if you were the hacker or not. But do they care enough about you to do that? Absolutely fkin not. The system says hacker was in this map, you were also in the map, boom you violated the terms and condition, go read the rule book kid, good bye, the end. That's pretty much how it goes for people who've been unfairly banned. Go play other game where devs actually give a $hit

This is actually really good advice, lol. I did actually get a, somewhat, more-serious reply from a GM saying they're going to escalate it to a "GM who specializes in the issue." I'm still not holding my breath though.
    ainslie wrote: »
    I empathise with you, I've also been playing maplestory for over a decade (joined at the launch of EMS) and have over 1.5k hours on steam just in the past two years but at the moment I'm genuinely too scared to play my account for fear of getting falsely banned. I know it's only a game and all and this will sound lame but honestly, maplestory has been such a big part of my life and for so long, I don't know what I would do if I lost access to my account. I really do hope you get yours back man, good luck.

Thanks man. And this is actually my second account, my original account was from 2004 but I lost the password because I was a dumb kid lol. IF I do get it back, I will avoid the maps with hackers. But it's like how far does one have to go to avoid them? If you think about, let's say, 5 maps being dominated on all 20 channels by hackers, that's 100 total maps that are compromised. And that's being generous. I wouldn't hesitate to guess the total amount of compromised maps, across all words, is in the thousands.
    WONDERGUY
  • FADR1FADR1
    edited April 2020
    UPDATE[!]:
    So, after a bit of lengthy review, I have been unbanned!! I am back in the game.! :D I am so elated, and I feel like a weight has been lifted from my chest.

I got this reply from a Senior GM:
    We apologize for the delayed response. I understand that you are appealing for the suspension of your account. At this time, I am reaching out to you to inform you that I have decided to give you the benefit of the doubt and release the ban placed on your account. You should be able to access your account within 24 hours. If you are unable to login after 24 hours has passed, please let us know. As always, players are required to follow the rules. Feel free to read through our Terms of Use and Code of Conduct for more information, as further violations may result in additional sanctions being placed on the account.

Thank you for your patience while we investigated your appeal. Should you have any questions or concerns in regard to another matter, please do not hesitate to submit a new ticket with a detailed explanation of the issue.​​

I don't know if my facts or map-naming helped in the decision, but I think the overall thing that helped my case was being civil through all of the messages with them. I tried to be as coherent and cohesive as possible, and at no point did I try to insult anyone. Just a thought. I'm back to gamin'!
    WONDERGUY
  • ThumperOne1ThumperOne1
    Reactions: 420
    edited April 2020
    FADR1 wrote: »
    UPDATE[!]:
    So, after a bit of lengthy review, I have been unbanned!! I am back in the game.! :D I am so elated, and I feel like a weight has been lifted from my chest.

I got this reply from a Senior GM:
    We apologize for the delayed response. I understand that you are appealing for the suspension of your account. At this time, I am reaching out to you to inform you that I have decided to give you the benefit of the doubt and release the ban placed on your account. You should be able to access your account within 24 hours. If you are unable to login after 24 hours has passed, please let us know. As always, players are required to follow the rules. Feel free to read through our Terms of Use and Code of Conduct for more information, as further violations may result in additional sanctions being placed on the account.

I don't know if my facts or map-naming helped in the decision, but I think the overall thing that helped my case was being civil through all of the messages with them. I tried to be as coherent and cohesive as possible, and at no point did I try to insult anyone. Just a thought. I'm back to gamin'!

excellent mem . but seriously this game need a fix , to today the game is lag and the worst.. hackers. bugs, hig use in cpu it is affecting the game, but be careful now with the ban falses . is funny .. wizet was more strict with hackers and with the problems in the game, but nexon ... it is incredible that they cannot fix the problems in the game today