[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Another windows 10 user who cannot launch (solved)

djwhitebootydjwhitebooty
Reactions: 330
edited April 2020 in Tech Support
I have tried changing soscreenmode to 1 and 3 with varying results on different compatibility modes, but the furthest ive gotten is just this
f3c316cfaef0e59600c8b832d6d8988b.png
I have edited the other registry suggested with no luck. i opted out of just delete all the registry assosciated with maplestory in general. It seemed to work, before that point there was nothing showing up at all, now I just get the white square then it dies.
Yes, I've tried alt+enter AND f11 when it pops up with no luck.
It is not blocked from my firewall nor windows defender, and I do not have any adware or background programs (like adobe) running while I'm trying to launch the game.
I've tried deleting the process as soon as it starts up and restarting it, no luck.
Before this the value would change back to 0 every time and I wouldn't even get the game to show up at all, I guess that progress. Is there any way to log the crash? I couldn't find one through google search. I cannot access the game at all so I cannot turn that setting on in game (if it's still there).
I just want to play the game on my main PC.
Any suggestions I've probably already done, but I'm hoping someone knows one thats worked for them.
Yes I've ended a bunch of startup and background programs and restarted. I've done a full SD and tried booting the game right after. I've reinstalled twice. It does not work on steam nor the launcher.

Edit: I upgraded from version 18362 to the nov update, 18363. Still the same. Checked for the upcoming 2020 update and nothing has come up in my updater. I changed from my native 1080p 120hz to DSR 2715x1527 144 just to see if that would do anything. Changed back to native 1080 and change refresh rate to 60hz. Nothing lol. Thought I'd give it a try.

dxdiag doesn't tell me much.
Using appcrash viewer I'm able to understand a bit more compared to dxdiag
21aaae05d5119d43227083f5cf1163ae.png
Basically something with the game is just causing a crash, then it tries to access files it supposedly doesn't have access to? I've turned off DEP, disabled any and all firewall and defender protection, made sure my ports are opened and forwarding, tried booting it up on a new user. Literally nothing I have found on the forums or in a google search works. Game is always set on compatibility mode and it opens with admin privileges. Don't know what it doesn't have access to.

Edit: I updated to the latest windows version. Still nothing. :/

Edit 4/16: Ran sfc scan and repaired files, game tried to run and held up for at least a minute, but ultimately crashed and kept getting the same error.

Last edit
I had so much standby memory that it was making me lose brain cells. I checked for anything possible, from malware to corrupted registry and windows files. Ultimately, I could only think that something in my system became corrupted and could not be restored normally (whether it be sfc scan or cleaning the registry), so I wiped all 3 of my harddrives clean (after backing up what I wanted, of course) and reinstalled windows.

At first, the game would only launch and it would be stuck on the white screen, totally untouchable and needed to be closed via task manager. I allowed it through firewall and defender (didn't work), mode with changed soscreenmode to 3 (didn't work), allowed MSDTC connection with dcomdnfg (didn't work but the program became more responsive), updated windows, cleaned my registry, forced -dx12 through launch options on steam, and moved the game to C:/(folder) rather than default installation, and the game then worked.

Finally got it working. If you're encountering a BEX error (stack overflow), check for malware or corrupt windows installation. It is currently working fine without having to launch as admin or run it in compatibility mode.
WONDERGUY

Comments

• DumbDDumbD
    Reactions: 530
    edited March 2020
    Hey DJWhite, I hace the same problem as yours!
    I've opened a descussion yesterday about the same issue.
    Let's be in touch about a solution (But a 2 meters away one ;)
    djwhitebootyWONDERGUY
  • markyrmtmarkyrmt
    edited March 2020
    I just returned to this game after like two months, wherein the last login I had to troubleshoot because of the same problem. This is a lot crazier than the covid bug!
    djwhitebootyWONDERGUY
  • MarshallxHuntMarshallxHunt
    Reactions: 410
    I have an issue with nxparam.dll file, not found and I couldn't downoad it from any website, is there anyway any of you guys can send it to me? via email? The file is located at:
    Local disc/nexon/library/Maplestory/app data

I appreciate your help and time.
    WONDERGUY
  • DumbDDumbD
    Reactions: 530
    edited March 2020
    DJWhite!
    I've maneged to fix my problem,
    Check my forum
    djwhitebooty
  • djwhitebootydjwhitebooty
    edited March 2020
    DumbD wrote: »
    DJWhite!
    I've maneged to fix my problem,
    Check my forum

I'll take a look!

Edit: I tried it, didn't work for me.
    WONDERGUY
  • StylarkStylark
    Reactions: 610
    edited March 2020
    Heyo! I just installed the latest windows 10 update and unfortunately had the same exact problem as well. I'm going to assume that you already did it, but since there isn't a current fix from nexon to resolve this issue, your best bet is to uninstall the latest update to Windows 10 as that worked for me, and wait for when they do fix it.
    WONDERGUY
    edited April 2020
    Stylark wrote: »
    Heyo! I just installed the latest windows 10 update and unfortunately had the same exact problem as well. I'm going to assume that you already did it, but since there isn't a current fix from nexon to resolve this issue, your best bet is to uninstall the latest update to Windows 10 as that worked for me, and wait for when they do fix it.

The game didn't work before that. The game hasn't worked on my pc for months.
    edited April 2020
    Bumping :/ I'm still here, looking for solutions.
  • coldsoulcoldsoul
    Reactions: 200
    edited May 2020
    I have an issue with nxparam.dll file, not found and I couldn't downoad it from any website, is there anyway any of you guys can send it to me? via email? The file is located at:
    Local disc/nexon/library/Maplestory/app data

I appreciate your help and time.

i have the same issue, can you help me plz?