[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Familiar System Revamp 2020 Questions

Comments

• StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    1. If the entry limit is once a day, does that mean we can no longer farm coins for two runs before killing the head on the last run?

2. Why was the entry limit changed? It seems like it's going to take a lot longer to get coins to buy stuff now.

3. Why are the coins being changed? Some people like me have over 1,000 coins, so it's upsetting to know that all the times I spent collecting coins is going to be rendered pointless with this update. Now, while I'm "buying" the new coins with the old ones, the old coins are just going to be uselessly cluttering up my inventory until I can get rid of them all.

4. Are the keys going to be changed too?

5. What is the exchange rate of the old gollux pennies and coins vs. the new gollux pennies and coins?

6. Is it a 1:1 ratio?

7. Can characters who have already done the gollux prequests go straight to gollux?

8. Why aren't statistics being changed on gollux equipment, more specifically, their flame tiers? Because they are really bad despite being boss equips.

9. If the fallen keys take you straight to the head, does that mean gollux is going to be hellux by default? If I remember correctly, going straight to the head locks gollux into a certain mode. For example, if you were to enter the head without killing any of the body parts and then leave and kill the other body parts, the head will always still be hellux because you first entered without killing anything. I'm not sure, but this may also be the same for hard, normal and easy gollux as well, where you kill 1-3 body parts and then enter the head, which would lock gollux into hard, normal and easy respectively.

10. If there are different modes, will they still drop the same amount of coins?

11. Can we still kill the other body parts for coins?

12. What does this mean for the teleport rocks that drop?

13. What do you mean by the prices of the gollux coin shop will be adjusted?

14. Will they be adjusted to be cheaper or more expensive than they are now?

15. Why are they being adjusted?

16. Just like cubes and flames, will red familiar cards be available in the legion coin shop?

17. Also like cubes and flames, will red familiar cards be added to elite mob and elite boss drop lists?

18. Can they also be bought with reward points?

19. Can they be used to rank up already registered familiars?

20. Do the SAO (Sword Art Online) and Eluna familiars factor into this and if so, how?

21. Will drop rates for familiars be increased and if so, what does this mean for familiars with low drop rates such as big spider or mutant snail familiars? This would make it a lot harder to rank up familiars with low drop rates.

22. What are these familar-related items supposed to be and where will the familiar shop npc be located?
  • whatchawntwhatchawnt
    Reactions: 640
    I have been through multiple iterations of monster cards, and crusader codex card revamps and this seems by far the most frustrating.
    It is one of the very few portions of this game that isn't pay to win. I understand re-introducing potable badges for those that do not already have one, but there is no reason to take away the crusader codex to do it. I have put a lot of time and money into the game but for once would like to have an equipment that doesn't require money. You can only nickel and dime people so much till they just quit...
    WONDERGUYSunsetChaos
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited April 2020
    tms_rings.PNG

Will the new crusader rings from TMS/JMS be brought over with the upcoming revamp?
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    Some positive changes.. BUT more negative ones, when will this trend of negative changes end? 1 Gollux entry for instance per day and the fact the level to do it has gone up once again to 180.. Familiars now being a way for nexon to make money and the game becoming more pay to win through those red tickets ,unless they are going to be in the reward shop /legion shop or SOMETHING . I am so sick to death of these negative changes and content/feature removals. This game deserves better! I miss the days of doing scar and targa with a bunch of people.. that content was fun it just needed to be added to the boss queue and entry limits less strict. I miss going into bosses more than once per day .. i miss so much . #bringbackpottablebadges.
    WONDERGUY
  • MorningAfterSevenMorningAfterSeven
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited April 2020
    Rexaar wrote: »
    Will drop rate of familiars change or stay the same as before?

the one and true question
    JettLuvsUWONDERGUY
  • IaraIara
    Reactions: 670
    edited April 2020
    Please, everybody, stop posting non-familiar related posts.

This thread has nothing to do with Gollux.
    WONDERGUY
  • MursMurs
    Reactions: 210
    edited April 2020
    1. Will there be healing familars or drop rate familars and how do they compare to castle golems and big spiders?
    2. Will the familar badge act like Oz badges with a set potential that we are unable to change?
    3. Will this system be monetised and if so how will it be implemented in reboot?
    WONDERGUY
  • FutureChrisFutureChris
    Reactions: 2,220
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    So, I've collected my thoughts and I've jotted them down and I think I can safely say I'm fine with this system, but one thing still stands out to me.

I would like to request that Reboot finally get some form of booster pack after all these years of being unable to obtain mobs that were added to the game, yet had no possible way to obtain them. I realize the reason as to why Familiars like the Wolf Underling or newer mobs could not be added was that it would introduce a Pay-2-Win aspect, but since random potentials are replacing the certain skills of potentials, I don't see why we couldn't.

Anna says that duplicate familiars can be fused/sacrificed in exchange for "Familiar Points" for an NPC store. JMS has an extremely similar system where players can trade in duplicates for "Familiar Coins", and could purchase a booster pack voucher for about 500. I think this would be a fair way to allow both servers to have them without causing much conflict.
    zzN25nm.png

(Or just sell em' for Meso, I'm also fine with going broke.)
  • MaleKannaMaleKanna
    Reactions: 700
    1. Will there be new familiar drops from this update (ex. Dark Demon, Xenoroid, Erda) or will maintain an exclusive Gachapon/Marvel Machine?
    2. If a monster register before the update only have one effect (potential for this case) will the second be blanked or filled with a random effect?
    3. Can the familiar gauge reset when changing channel?
  • AACMIVAACMIV
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited April 2020
    For those that have already completed most of the sets, will the completion of the sets in the codex be transferred to the new UI?
    Can you summon the same/same type of familiar three times? If so, does the potential and abilities stack?
    What will happen to the SAO and AoT event familiars the update?
    WONDERGUY
  • AlexcindaAlexcinda
    So, I've collected my thoughts and I've jotted them down and I think I can safely say I'm fine with this system, but one thing still stands out to me.

I would like to request that Reboot finally get some form of booster pack after all these years of being unable to obtain mobs that were added to the game, yet had no possible way to obtain them. I realize the reason as to why Familiars like the Wolf Underling or newer mobs could not be added was that it would introduce a Pay-2-Win aspect, but since random potentials are replacing the certain skills of potentials, I don't see why we couldn't.

Anna says that duplicate familiars can be fused/sacrificed in exchange for "Familiar Points" for an NPC store. JMS has an extremely similar system where players can trade in duplicates for "Familiar Coins", and could purchase a booster pack voucher for about 500. I think this would be a fair way to allow both servers to have them without causing much conflict.
    zzN25nm.png

(Or just sell em' for Meso, I'm also fine with going broke.)

This ^^^
    Booster packs seem to be the only way to get some of the best familiars, so it'd be great to have at least some way to get them in reboot without p2w of course
  • SunsetChaosSunsetChaos
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited April 2020
    Will you increase the droprate of familiar cards?

What skills will be available for familiars?
    If you're even giving us warnings to use any unused familiar, do we assume the new skills will suck in comparison to what we have now?
    If we already used the familiars, can we still change familiar skills?

What will happen to familiar vitality?
    WONDERGUY
  • AK712AK712
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited April 2020
    I've compiled all of the Familiar questions asked so far into a single list, with some editing.

Will the Familiar Badges each be a separate badge, or will it be a single item that changes stats depending on what is selected in the UI? [Snizze]

Which EQUIP slot will these Familiar Badges go in? [Snizze/HerptheDerp]

What will be the maximum stats that can be obtained with the Familiar Badges? [Snizze]

Can Familiar Badges be given potential and/or hidden potential? [HerptheDerp]

Will the Familiar Badges have the same stat set effects as the current ones? [HHG1]

Will there be a method of checking a monster's information (area, level, HP, drop table) that is similar to how the Crusader Codex worked? [Snizze/BobbyWeave]

Will Red Familiar Cards be purchasable through mesos or Reward Points in both Reboot and non-Reboot? [Snizze/Iara/Stallben]

Will Red Familiar Cards be available through other means (Legion Coin Shop, event shops, elite/boss drops, etc.)? [Stallben]

How will Familiar Breakthrough Cards be obtained (quests, regular/boss drops, cash shop, etc.)? [Snizze]

How will Familiar potential change when a Familiar's rank is increased? [Snizze]

Will Familiars have vitality, and if so, how will they recharge? [Iara/MaleKanna/SunsetChaos]

Will there be compensation for old familiars that have more than one vitality, or will the vitality transfer? [Iara/HHG1]

What will happen to currently expired familiars? [AK712]

Will the drop rate of Familiar cards change (overall, as well as for each mob)? [Iara/Rexaar/Stallben]

Will old familiars be able to increase rank/use Red Familiar Cards/change stats as well, while still keeping their old Familiar Effect? [Iara/Stallben]

Will there be Familiar Booster Packs, or something similar, available in both Reboot and non-Reboot, and will they be available for mesos or Reward Points? [Iara/FutureChris]

Will the new familiar UI have a Search or Favourites option? [HHG1]

Are Red Familiar Cards required to rank up to Legendary, or can Legendary rank be obtained through other means? [HHG1]

What will be the possible stat/potential boosts of the new familiar system? [JushiroNet]

Will there be an option to hide familiars or change their transparency? [JushiroNet/Colourson]

Will any unused familiars disappear after the update? [Zyxsst]

Will all mobs from all areas, including event mobs and boss mobs, have a familiar, or will some stay as only obtainable through Gachapon/Marvel? [Issyl/BobbyWeave/MaleKanna/AK712]

Will the Familiar Badges work the same as Familiar Sets in JMS, or will Familiar Sets be added? [PirateIzzy]

Will old event familiars (SAO, Eluna, etc.), as well as non-obtainable familiars (Kerning Square, Florina Beach, etc.) be able to go through the same upgrades as the new familiars? [Stallben/AACMIV/AK712]

What are these familar-related items supposed to be, and where will the familiar shop NPC be located? [Stallben]

Will there be familiars with non-stat-related effects, similar to some old familiars (drop rate, restore %HP/MP, change player colour, etc.)? [Murs]

Will the Familar Badges act like Oz badges with a set potential that we are unable to change? [Murs]

Will old familiars have a second potential/skill added, or will they only have the original? [MaleKanna]

Will Crusader Codex completed set effects transfer to the new UI? [AACMIV]

If three familiars with identical skills/potentials are used, will those skills/potentials stack? [AACMIV]

What skills will be available for familiars? [SunsetChaos]

Can we change the skills/effects of old familiars? [SunsetChaos]
    AACMIVSunsetChaosIaraArgent
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited April 2020
    Here are some other questions for consideration. Hopefully, I've avoided many duplicates.
    • Is this skill going to be in the normal Skill UI or will it be under the new Familiar Setup Window? How is it different from the current method of summoning familiars? And will the skill have a cooldown?

• If the damage of the familiar is based off player damage, what benefit would having a more difficult to obtain familiar provide?

• Are any potentials restricted to certain familiars or can any familiar have the same potential so long as they are of the same rank?

• What restrictions can we expect (i.e. limited stock, limited uses, etc.) on the Red Familiar Card?

• Can we get some clarification on Familiar Level and Familiar Rank, there seems to be some confusion on whether these are the same thing? Is it possible to have a Level 1 Unique familiar?

• How much difference is there between a level 1 familiar and a level 7? Players don’t typically rely on familiar attacking for any sort of damage, so can you provide an example on why players should want to buy Breakthrough cards?

• Can we get some specifics on how familiar card fusion works? Are points like “experience” for familiars? How many points do players get per card and how many points do we need for each rank? If fusing stops ranking familiars up at Unique how do players get Legendary familiars?

• Points were mentioned twice, are the points from fusing the same kind of points as those from extracting? If so, does this mean we can extract other familiars to get points to put toward ranking up a familiar of our choice?

• What skill/potentials that we currently have will no longer be available on new familiars?

• What kind of items will be in the Familiar NPC Shop?
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited April 2020
    Can you have 3 of the same monster summoned at once, for example all 3 familiar summon to be orange mushroom, orange mushroom and orange mushroom.
  • RorikRorik
    Reactions: 200
    Will a system be put in place to raise the ranks of cards that can no longer be obtained? E.G. one of my favorite cards is my Bigfoot familiar, but that monster no longer exists and would therefore be impossible to farm the required amount of copies to raise its rank.
  • CheesenipsCheesenips
    Reactions: 200
    edited April 2020
    - Will current tiers of familiars (used/unused) be reset to the lowest tier in the new familiar system? i.e If I have a legendary (purple star) tier familiar (used/unused) in the current system, will it remain legendary (purple star) or drop?

- Will unique familiar cards be transferred over to the new system or will they be removed? such as the lil boss familiars. Mainly, in the new familiar system, do the mobs have to exist in game in order for the familiar card to exist?
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited April 2020
    maplestory.nexon.net/news/57190/familiar-revamp-details

Many questions have been answered, some new questions arise and the general dread of a new system based on RNG begins to fill me.

Actually, looking at this, it's going to be real bad for Reboot
  • RokaniRokani
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited April 2020
    I'm pretty sure I remember them saying to use familiar cards now if you want the effect they give, and now they are saying its going to be randomized as well.

"Existing Registered Familiars will be granted Potential bonuses equal to the Familiar Stats that they held previously if a similar Potential is available.
    If a Familiar's old Potential does not exist, it will be replaced with another Potential, such as STR/DEX/LUK/INT +1."

Also rip 30% IED.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited April 2020
    I've been nagging Nexon for years with fixing this Monster book Codex, so is Monster collection being revamped, because half of those mobs never appear as bigger mobs.