[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reboot SW Earrings vs SW Pendant after latest memo

kaopikaopi
Reactions: 845
edited April 2020 in General Chat
Hello everyone,

With the news from the last maple memo in regards to the restockable Gollux shop, I was wondering how this affects the BiS in Reboot, particularly in regards to the transposed SW Earring.

Now that we can get the Gollux earring to 22 star, would it be better to transpose and SW Pendant (from a Dominator one), and use the Superior Gollux earrings to get the 4-set effect? or would you still advise on getting the SW earring and using 2 sets of superior pendants?

I have heard about having 4 superior Gollux items, and filling the remaining slot (pendant, belt, or earring) with a 22* dark boss accessory set, but that doesn't seem very realistic in Reboot.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• ThatBaldyThatBaldy
    Reactions: 1,145
    edited April 2020
    Yeah 22 star dark boss accessories are BIS but super unrealistic. And to even get the dark boss accessories you'll need to be strong enough to fight the bosses so you'll have to have something else in the meantime which would be SW and Gollux stuff.

I think the way to look at these is just the base stats of the item? So SW earrings have 10 all stat, Superior pendant has 28 all stat and 5 m/att. SW pendant has 34 all stat and the Superior earrings have 15 all stat 10 m/att. So from here if you ever want to transpose to SW, then SW pendant is the better option. But if you already made a transposed SW earring then it isn't a good idea to make a SW pendant just for a tiny bit of stats.

I guess another thing to look at is the transposing options. I can't really remember if there are any other options for pendants other than the Dominator pendant so I'll just assume that's the only one. SW earrings on the other hand has the level 140 option Meister earring as well as level 150 options from Kritias and Oz. Based on my SW earring and SW monocle (I used Kritias earring and Pap mark), the difference in stats is only 2 all stat and 1 m/att. This difference is from the 16th stars of the Kritias earring and Pap mark.

So basically SW pendant comes out on top and you have to make one anyway unless you get carried, get a drop, get super lucky and insta 22 star the drop and now have no need for SW pendant or earring.
    kaopi
  • kaopikaopi
    edited April 2020
    ThatBaldy wrote: »
    Yeah 22 star dark boss accessories are BIS but super unrealistic. And to even get the dark boss accessories you'll need to be strong enough to fight the bosses so you'll have to have something else in the meantime which would be SW and Gollux stuff.

I think the way to look at these is just the base stats of the item? So SW earrings have 10 all stat, Superior pendant has 28 all stat and 5 m/att. SW pendant has 34 all stat and the Superior earrings have 15 all stat 10 m/att. So from here if you ever want to transpose to SW, then SW pendant is the better option. But if you already made a transposed SW earring then it isn't a good idea to make a SW pendant just for a tiny bit of stats.

I guess another thing to look at is the transposing options. I can't really remember if there are any other options for pendants other than the Dominator pendant so I'll just assume that's the only one. SW earrings on the other hand has the level 140 option Meister earring as well as level 150 options from Kritias and Oz. Based on my SW earring and SW monocle (I used Kritias earring and Pap mark), the difference in stats is only 2 all stat and 1 m/att. This difference is from the 16th stars of the Kritias earring and Pap mark.

So basically SW pendant comes out on top and you have to make one anyway unless you get carried, get a drop, get super lucky and insta 22 star the drop and now have no need for SW pendant or earring.

Thank you very much for your reply, that was very helpful!

One thing I've been thinking is that, since Verus Hilla's pendant is level 160, you can actually transfer a level 150 pendant to it, which would make it possible to get a 21* in Reboot with just one drop. Granted this would definitely be the hardest accessory to get, given that this is the hardest of the 3 bosses (Verus Hilla, Hard Lucid, and Darknell), but it is also the safest.

So getting two Gollux pendants to 22 stars does make more sense than getting a SW pendant, since you either transfer that pendant to the Hilla one, or, if you actually use either Lucid's belt or Darknell's earrings (both level 200 equips), you just keep the Gollux pendant, so in either scenario having the Gollux pendant is the right thing to do, which is why having a transposed pendant with 22 stars (and spending more on getting a good flame) would be waste of mesos, since you would replace the equipment anyway.

If you actually don't have any transposed SW equipment, maybe it would just be better to go with Gollux equipments on all slots, and eventually replace one with whatever dark boss accessory you can get. Darknell might be the most accessible, since he is about as hard as Hard Damien, meaning you can do it in smaller parties, or even potentially solo him. However, if you already have a SW Earring, there is no reason why you shouldn't use it, it would be better than a Gollux earring until you break the set.

You might even consider keeping the Gollux belt and earring at 17 stars, with only 21% potential, since those two equipments you don't know if you would completely replace or not. You would sacrifice damage, but it would save you money, so it is up to you if you think that is feasible or not. Maybe leave them last for upgrading, just in case.
    ThatBaldy
  • ThatBaldyThatBaldy
    Reactions: 1,145
    edited April 2020
    Oh cool never thought about it like that. I guess all that does make sense. Suddenly it doesn't seem as simple as I thought...
  • kaopikaopi
    edited April 2020
    ThatBaldy wrote: »
    Oh cool never thought about it like that. I guess all that does make sense. Suddenly it doesn't seem as simple as I thought...

Well, I am not completely sure either, I just think that way makes sense.

However, it is true what you say that it would be very difficult to get a dark boss item at all, so it might still be more realistic to just go with a transposed SW.

If you think you will get a dark boss item eventually, but you still want a transposed SW accessory in the mean time until you get to that point, going with the earrings might still save you some mesos in the long run. For example, if you get Darknell earrings, and you had the SW earrings, you just have to replace the earrings, but with the SW pendant you would have to replace both the earrings and the pendant for a Superiro Gollux one. In the case of getting Hilla's necklace, you would only have to replace one equipment (pendant if you were wearing a SW pendant, and earrings if you were wearing the SW earrings), but if you are wearing the SW pendant, you could have completely avoided this cost if you would have just used 2 Gollux pendants from the beginning. The one case where it would be equal for both is with the Dreamy Belt, where you would have to replace both the belt, and the pendant/earring depending on which one you were using, but I would say that getting the belt to 20+ stars does seem more difficult that getting Hilla's necklace (transfer) or getting Darknell's earrings (easier boss, more likely to get replacements).

Long story short, your way is definitely more realistic, but if you think a dark boss accessory is viable, getting all Gollux equipments would be the way to go IMO. If you think you might get a dark boss accessory, but you still want the benefits of a transposed SW in the mean time, having the earrings might save you like 30 bil mesos, while only costing you 5 att and 11 stat, and you would still get significant benefits from transposing (boss flames, level 160-199 starforce, level 151+ potential, and the extra star).

I guess you might consider using a 17* transposed SW earrings as a placeholder too, until you get a dark boss accessory. With the benefits of transposing, it would be a way to get something quite better than a 17* Gollux, with a safer and much cheaper way than getting an equip to 22*. In this case, SW earrings would definitely be better, since if you had the GolLux earrings at 22* and you got Darkenlls earrings, it would be very costly to replace.