[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Thailand MapleStory Closed

GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
Reactions: 2,645
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2020 in Non-GMS Content Discussion
With heavy hearts, today Thailand MapleStory was closed and will not continue to service further.
This is due to Nexon Thailand official termination of service contracts with game developers.

The official old webpage:
https://th.nexon.com/maplestory/th/home/home.aspx

The official old facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/TH.MapleStory/

Sadly, they don't have data migration policy, so everything they played and worked for will not have a new home.
They could only have a fresh start for those who wish to continue playing in MapleStorySEA and having a free appreciation gift code to you there.
To earn the gift code, it was needed to log into the game (Siam world) and talk to an NPC called Maple Fairy which provides free local gifts everyday and a code to use in MapleStorySEA for every account.
All those who used to log in to the game since today was eligible to earn a free appreciation gift code for MapleStorySEA which could be used there.
The gift is including Mega Burning Booster (Mega Burninator to gain 2 additional levels up to level 130), level 50, 100, 150 and 200 boxes which will expire 1 month later upon receiving the gift.
Newly created accounts will receive armor sets for level 50, 100 and 150 while existing accounts will receive ability and enhancement items (for level 150 - 17 star enhancement scroll for items up to level 160).

So it's a very sad for me personally as I played there myself and enjoyed various fun events which were being held over the time.

So, that's it. Hoping for a better future of the game as I believe that in certain way it's getting worse than how it was used to be previously few years ago.
JettLuvsUWONDERGUYJacaru

Comments

• HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited April 2020
    Sad to see another service go down. MMOs have it really bad these days and with MS2 also going down things are looking a bit grim.
    GoldAdventurer
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Sad to see another service go down. MMOs have it really bad these days and with MS2 also going down things are looking a bit grim.

They don't exactly have it bad.. companies run games well they do well.. MS2 had so many small issues like the friend list which was never fixed. How it never had a global friend list is beyond me.. you had to add people by a per character basis. As a result of this i am pretty sure i lost contact with most friends i made.. which made me feel disconnected and like it was a single player game alot of the time.