[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Gollux still sucks, but I'm done whining

HHasutaHHasuta
Reactions: 640
edited May 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
New Gollux still isn't good, but I'm not going to worry about it anymore. I'm just going to move on.
CoahtemocHuskyDMCurCurRotDnaman101
  1. Do you like the new Gollux changes?73 votes
    1. Yes
       15% (11 votes)
    2. No
       85% (62 votes)

Comments

• HerptheDerpHerptheDerp
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited April 2020
    Golux gear used to take a week of coins per piece at MOST
    Now it takes MINIMUM A MONTH

What in your useless, time gating, stupid minds made you think this was a good idea?

The content that makes us better than JMS you go and slap ANOTHER EFFING TIME GATE ON.

What is with your hardon for times gates?
    Go shove a time gate up your nose and fall down a flight of stairs.
    BunnyWriterpat159darikHuskyDMPreeterichsangiRustyfloating99Krownop
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited April 2020
    I can only think the KMS overlords went "Gollux too strong, stop it, thx" because from what I've been able to gather this has been one of the worse changes so far. Go back to the old Gollux, it was fine that way. I mean, can't the fix just be a simple value change? Jett is too weak so they made a revamp that made her worse. Gollux was fine and now it takes a month for a ring, Buff Freezers and useful items were useful and now they are not. Why keep angering your playerbase? That doesn't seem productive.
    darik
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    It's an MMO. It's not supposed to be fast paced. Time gates exist as a method to give players something to always strive for.
    They're a required part of MMOs, get used to it.
    TropismKuronekonova
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    edited April 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    It's an MMO. It's not supposed to be fast paced. Time gates exist as a method to give players something to always strive for.

True but a month is a bit excessive, and doesn't justify turning Gollux into a Lotus for no reason. I can understand making it more of a 180 boss, a thing closer to CRA, but if its true that it even 16mil characters can't dent him, and that the rewards remain the same despite the godly buff Hellux got, then its not really good. With CRA, Lotusmien, and the Arcane River Grind, we got way too much unreachable and time consuming stuff to "strive for" in MapleStory, even when compared to other MMOs.
    darik
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    HuskyDM wrote: »

True but a month is a bit excessive, and doesn't justify turning Gollux into a Lotus for no reason. I can understand making it more of a 180 boss, a thing closer to CRA, but if its true that it even 16mil characters can't dent him, and that the rewards remain the same despite the godly buff Hellux got, then its not really good. With CRA, Lotusmien, and the Arcane River Grind, we got way too much unreachable and time consuming stuff to "strive for" in MapleStory, even when compared to other MMOs.

I don't think it is. Look at the items that Gollux gives. These are some of the best items in the game. You will never replace them.
    I think it's mostly just a knee jerk reaction to how easy he used to be compared to the fact that the boss actually matches the drops now.
    If he had always been this way, players would be fine with it. The problems comes from the fact that he wasn't always like this, giving old players advantage.
    I think this too, will die down over time and players will be okay with it after all the dust settles.
    JettLuvsUAggraphine
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    edited April 2020
    HuskyDM wrote: »

I don't think it is. Look at the items that Gollux gives. These are some of the best items in the game. You will never replace them.
    I think it's mostly just a knee jerk reaction to how easy he used to be compared to the fact that the boss actually matches the drops now.
    If he had always been this way, players would be fine with it. The problems comes from the fact that he wasn't always like this, giving old players advantage.
    I think this too, will die down over time and players will be okay with it after all the dust settles.

The ones who are to invested to leave may, and others just won't try it. Gollux was fine the way it was, being a gateway to harder content. The jump between Empress and CRA is way too deep, and again, a month out of everyone's life is way too much time to ask for a single clean accessory.
    Dnaman101pat159
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    Take a moment to consider that we got additional power creep with this patch; familiars with potential. Fairly easy to get, and very powerful bonuses.
    Also consider that the gollux shop now restocks weekly and lets you buy every accessory instead of relying on RNG.
    You'll be just fine waiting a bit longer to get end-game gear. I think it's a fair trade-off.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    Take a moment to consider that we got additional power creep with this patch; familiars with potential. Fairly easy to get, and very powerful bonuses.
    Also consider that the gollux shop now restocks weekly and lets you buy every accessory instead of relying on RNG.
    You'll be just fine waiting a bit longer to get end-game gear. I think it's a fair trade-off.

Consider alongside the bolded point that I've heard people gripe about doing hellux for weeks, more than a month, and still not having a superior belt or pendant drop. If you still don't get a drop after weeks and weeks of doing the boss, you'll have enough coins to simply buy it instead of just being up a creek.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2020
    ffHVeOY.jpg
    HHasutaBunnyWriter
  • CoahtemocCoahtemoc
    Reactions: 670
    edited April 2020
    With how Hellux's health is now, you need end game equipment in order to beat him. Gollux accessories are end game equipment. You need Gollux accessories to now beat Gollux, and if you don't already have them then you're screwed. Who ever thought this was a good idea? What does the game stand to gain from making Gollux harder without any increase in reward?
    TurtlesRockDnaman101Preeterichsang
  • Msbeginner1Msbeginner1
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited April 2020
    I don't mind the health change. However as an IL who still has the damage to kill the new Hellux the hit boxes are insane and I can hardly avoid them now. Even standing on the opposite side of Gollux while he uses his breath attack I still get hit.
    Dnaman101
  • AllowedAllowed
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited April 2020
    Like seriously how are new players/returning players ever going to get sup gollux items buffing his hp is 1 thing but u also removed being able to get carried...

seriously this game is slowly turning back to it's full pay to win state...

Either rollback this revamp or allow carries again..

yey can't finish my supp pendant and earrings now congratz.
    CoahtemocDnaman101Preet
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    edited April 2020
    I've said it in another post but it fits here too.
    It takes a single day to get the CRA tops and bottom, both BiS items, and CRA is a once a week affair.
    It takes 1 month of DAILY grind per Superior item, thats 4 months for each individual item, 5 for double pendant, and 6+ to have them all fully scrolled with the 60% Gollux Scrolls.

Not even KMS makes you grind that awful for meta equips. Gollux doesn't even follow the game's own source of truth.
    CoahtemocDnaman101GenkaiX1Preet
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    edited April 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    HHG1 wrote: »

Consider alongside the bolded point that I've heard people gripe about doing hellux for weeks, more than a month, and still not having a superior belt or pendant drop. If you still don't get a drop after weeks and weeks of doing the boss, you'll have enough coins to simply buy it instead of just being up a creek.

Not everyone is a P2W to do Hellux alone, Gollux doesn't give instanced rewards so someone in the party is getting nothing. Its still around 30 coins pero Hellux, which is only one Superior item per month without the Gollux scrolls, on a Daily boss the level of Lotus and Damien.

CRA takes 1 day to get 2 BiS items.
    In 1 month you already have most of Absolab, and you don´t have to boss everyday for it.
    CoahtemocGenkaiX1
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited April 2020
    This gollux patch
    - Made lv 4 gollux super duper hard
    - More than doubled the coin price for sup gollux items
    - Increased coin price for gollux scrolls as well
    - Pretty much blocked carries
    - Kept coin reward exactly the same

Yep, it's pretty god damn awful
    BunnyWriterKuronekonovaDnaman101Preet
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited April 2020
    This gollux patch
    - Made hellux super duper hard (this alone would've been fine)
    - More than doubled the coin price of sup gollux items
    - Increased the coin price of gollux scrolls
    - Made carries pretty much impossible
    - Kept the coin reward exactly the same

Yet there are still people who think this is fine. CoD community is better than this. smh
  • SilentJudicatorSilentJudicator
    Reactions: 880
    edited April 2020
    I don't mind the increased HP, but perhaps lower it a bit. Nobody but the most powerful players could defeat gollux before the patch. Now even some of the more powerful players from before cannot beat it.

Id say:
    - Remove the 1 key restriction a day and revert back to the 3 key system (in case people DC, which frequently happens)
    - Lower the new HP (even a bit is fine)
    - Increase coin rewards after defeating it.
    - Possibly fix the hitbox (I could fully dodge his seduce gas before, but cannoy seem to be able to do so anymore, even when I see myself clearly away from it).

Everything else from the patch can remain as is.
  • SaixSaix
    Reactions: 640
    edited April 2020
    Another change that the players did NOT ASK FOR.

Great job Nexon.

Gustavo
    KuronekonovaDnaman101
  • QuilavaQuilava
    Reactions: 870
    edited April 2020
    This patch is trash in general.
    -Gollux buffed to the point where you have to have 30k+ stats to even stand a chance against it and the hit boxes are broken.
    -Familiar drop rates nerfed to hell.
    -Certain monsters in the familiar badge collection are unobtainable or had extremely low drop rates even before the so called "fix"
    -Broken potential lines.
    -Familiars not being saved properly

This right here is how you kill your game, by making progress impossible for newcomers. I feel sorry for the new players that are joining due to the closure of MS2 and the quarantine.

CoahtemocKuronekonovaDnaman101erichsang
  • TurtlesRockTurtlesRock
    Reactions: 1,845
    edited April 2020
    First, I would like to say that I really do like the extra rings and earrings we can get from gollux now. Having said that:

THIS GOLLUX UPDATE IS AWFUL! It makes progression a lot harder and is just another nerf to new players. And the familiar update is whole other issue itself. Bad update after bad update, I am finding myself losing motivation to play this game.
    MicaliciousDnaman101darik