[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why is Golux a solo boss?

HerptheDerpHerptheDerp
Reactions: 1,200
edited April 2020 in General Chat
In a game about party play
In a MMO
A boss between CVel and Lotus

Does not have instanced loot. Promotes selfish playstyles and hoarding

Any other boss in that level range has instanced loot and promotes guild/party play
Why would anyone help another player with Golux now? If they do not have a 22 start golux set, they are only hurting themselves.

Make Golux loot player instanced

Comments

• MicaliciousMicalicious
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited April 2020
    They messed up hardcore on the gollux rework.

1. HP is way too much for Hellux
    2. No instanced loot
    3. No multiple attempts per day
    4. The hitboxes were messed up and now dodging p2 phase hand is extremely difficult for a lot of classes
    5. No way to earn gollux coins until you can clear hard mode

This further separates veteran characters and new characters.

It amazing me that nobody on the nexon team seems to understand their actual game. They continue to "rework" and release new content that
    is poorly received because they fundamentally don't understand their own game or player base.
    Dnaman101
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    They messed up hardcore on the gollux rework.

1. HP is way too much for Hellux
    2. No instanced loot
    3. No multiple attempts per day
    4. The hitboxes were messed up and now dodging p2 phase hand is extremely difficult for a lot of classes
    5. No way to earn gollux coins until you can clear hard mode

This further separates veteran characters and new characters.

It amazing me that nobody on the nexon team seems to understand their actual game. They continue to "rework" and release new content that
    is poorly received because they fundamentally don't understand their own game or player base.

1. The HP is pretty high but it's now the in between cpap and lotus? I feel like that's a good place to put it considering I was running hard mode for the longest time prechange gollux and I was still able to do CRA and party lomien.

2. Carrying people should be a thing, especially when you consider how long it takes to get the coins needed for the equipment and scrolls.

3. Don't really understand this change. Especially when you consider that even if you clear hellux daily, you can't even get enough coins to purchase the stock before it resets. You need exactly over 3 weeks to get enough coins to buy a superior piece of equipment. Why do we only get enough coins to buy just 1 out of 4 set pieces of supreme in 3+ weeks if the shop resets every week?

4. I think this will be found out how to deal with as more time goes by. A DB (I think a usual poster on the forums) has a video on how he did it by downjump during slam, clear mobs then rope back up. As a bishop myself, I just TP'd back and forth in the middle.

5. This totally sucks for new players. You can't get any form of gollux eq without clearing hard mode, but if you clear hard mode then why would you waste coins getting anything less than the superior version of the equipment? That makes absolutely no sense at all...
  • MicaliciousMicalicious
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited April 2020
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    1. The HP is pretty high but it's now the in between cpap and lotus? I feel like that's a good place to put it considering I was running hard mode for the longest time prechange gollux and I was still able to do CRA and party lomien.

3. Don't really understand this change. Especially when you consider that even if you clear hellux daily, you can't even get enough coins to purchase the stock before it resets. You need exactly over 3 weeks to get enough coins to buy a superior piece of equipment. Why do we only get enough coins to buy just 1 out of 4 set pieces of supreme in 3+ weeks if the shop resets every week?

1. Placing it between cpap and lotus makes progression of new players a lot slower. This further's the divide between established players and non established players (ghost badge anyone?)

3. For this one, I meant that you only get one attempt. If you fail, you're done. I don't know why they changed it from being able to enter multiple times, to just once.

• WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited April 2020
    In a game about party play
    In a MMO

in a game where players want to be alone in a world( have a world for themself) and dont want "crowding" merge
    you asking-search for party play and MMO hahaha

most of the game content changed anyway to solo ,very few things are left for teamplay and those are slowly geting changed to solo