[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Oh my lord jesus, what is this god awful trade-off

Penguinz0Penguinz0
Reactions: 3,220
edited April 2020 in Rants and Raves
X0nIhT5.png

Who in the design department thought this was a good trade??? We have to exchange nostalgic og look for this god awful $hit that looks like it's got Mario fish for a hat, AND we have to pay 1000 coins for it??? Good lord, plz add an option where the gears don't change out when you unlock 5 star rank. That outfit gave my tumor a cancer just from looking at it.
JettLuvsUWONDERGUYKhongi

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2020
    You can purchase the old items in the shop at 1-star, 2-star, 3-star, and 4-star ranks for 300 coins each.
    Jacaru
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited April 2020
    Neospector wrote: »
    You can purchase the old items in the shop at 1-star, 2-star, 3-star, and 4-star ranks for 300 coins each.

Yeah duh I know. That still costs extra 1200 coins. That's why I'm saying they should add an option to not change for the free ones u get when u rank up.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2020
    If you wanna look homeless, it'll cost you I guess
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited April 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Lol homeless. Uncultured swine. That's the OG all luk NL look of pre big bang.

Oh and ty for AdDiNg ZeRo SuBsTaNcE tO tHe ThReAd
    WONDERGUY
  • ThatRandomShadeThatRandomShade
    Reactions: 1,250
    edited April 2020
    It does suck that it consumes all the previous 8bit cash equips to rank up to the final rank, but it only costs 840 coins to get em all back (if you buy them on a 30% off day), so its not a huge loss.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2020
    Penguinz0 wrote: »

Lol homeless. Uncultured swine. That's the OG all luk NL look of pre big bang.

Oh and ty for AdDiNg ZeRo SuBsTaNcE tO tHe ThReAd

I'd argue the thread is already without substance.

And I don't care if it's how dexless thieves used to gear their characters, you still look like a homeless person who rummaged through a salvation army drop-off.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited April 2020

I'd argue the thread is already without substance.

And I don't care if it's how dexless thieves used to gear their characters, you still look like a homeless person who rummaged through a salvation army drop-off.
    You're arguing with a brick wall that believes itself to be a 1962 Chevy Corvette.

lol, yeah you and that other guy are pretty much cut from the same cloth. I'll just take your honest advice and won't waste time trying to argue with brick walls.
    WONDERGUY
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited April 2020
    It does suck that it consumes all the previous 8bit cash equips to rank up to the final rank, but it only costs 840 coins to get em all back (if you buy them on a 30% off day), so its not a huge loss.

eh~. I honestly wouldn't mind old look transforming into a new outfit in order to rank up to 5 star, if the new outfit didn't look so @ss tho. Seriously look at this $hit.

xkhrFnK.png Ih57Ofl.png
    I wasn't kidding when I said it looks like it's got mario fish for a hat. It's just ridiculous when I pay 1000 coins to get to 5 star rank, the pre bigbang og dexless sin look MUST be transformed into the worst anniversary outfit. Why not give people an option to keep the old look or the fish head outfit? 840 coins is not a huge loss, but it's not a small amount either.
    WONDERGUY
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2020
    If you have to censor your words, maybe don't say them in the first place.
    Also, it's a helmet plume, they're common on medieval and Greco-Roman helmets.

In any case, you can still obtain the items you want. Or, alternatively, don't advance to 5-star rank, unless you really want the 15-star scroll.
    Jacarulink37890
  • ThatRandomShadeThatRandomShade
    Reactions: 1,250
    edited April 2020
    Also another thing you can do if you don't want to spend any of your coins on your rank up mule/main character, you can always just get 840 coins via minigames on a legion mule and then buy the coupons and transfer them to your main via storage.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited April 2020
    If you have to censor your words, maybe don't say them in the first place.
    Also, it's a helmet plume, they're common on medieval and Greco-Roman helmets.

lmao. Ummmmmmmm..... no. These are "helmet crests, common on medieval and Greco-Roman helmets"

wqWfK71.png WNHBN6S.png

THIS.... is a fish hat
    Kf4jovl.png

In any case, you can still obtain the items you want.

Already said "840 coins is not a huge loss, but it's not a small amount either"
    Or, alternatively, don't advance to 5-star rank, unless you really want the 15-star scroll.

lol that's some quality advice there. Here, have a cookie.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited April 2020
    Also another thing you can do if you don't want to spend any of your coins on your rank up mule/main character, you can always just get 840 coins via minigames on a legion mule and then buy the coupons and transfer them to your main via storage.

lol no dude. I am gonna end up getting old gears with coins on my mules. Don't worry about it.
    I didn't make this post because I don't know how to get another set of dexless sin gears from coin shop. I made it to express how dumb it is to force this "transformation" of anniversary outfit without giving people an option to keep the dexless sin outfit or to get fish hat gears. It just makes sense to do so. People can choose which version of anniversary outfit they get for free as rank up gift, and those who want both can pick which one to spend extra coins to get them from the coin shop.
    Prophetie
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    I don't know about you, but that armor looks kinda fresh to me
    link37890
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited May 2020
    What looks good its up to you. That's it.
  • rebuiltrebuilt
    Reactions: 615
    edited May 2020
    i think it looks kinda cool, personally

but yeah, like people are saying, what looks good is super personal and especially since older outfits (gumshoe, galaxy, noble) are included in the shop along with pixel, you can take your pick!