[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory 2 Welcome Box not received

AngryAngelAngryAngel
Reactions: 840
edited April 2020 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Event reward not received on my account

Brief bug summary: Even though I have played ms1 for well over a decade and ON THE SAME ACCOUNT have been playing ms2 since beta and when the game officially launched and am still playing both games, I did not receive the "quest" to accept the Tria Traveler title, etc. entitled "1st Bonus Reward for MS2 Friends" under the star icon. I am not accepting the cumulative Maple Relay rewards because I'm not sure that I will receive the MS2 only gifts because of this. Please advise, and is anyone else experiencing this issue?

More details: Screenshot of the only quests I do have available: https://puu.sh/FBt07/07dc3c618d.png

Steps to reproduce: Check my Maple account and you will see there is no ms2 welcome box available.

Character name: AngelusDraco on ms1/Pamela on ms2

Character level: 252 on ms1/82 on ms2

Character job: Kaiser on ms1/Berserker on ms2

World name: Elysium on ms1/North America East on ms2

Date and time of the incident: 4/22/2020 5 p.m. Eastern
Arror

Comments

• GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited April 2020
    Hello,

Please submit a ticket to our Support team concerning this issue.
    https://support-maplestory.nexon.net

Thank you.
  • AngryAngelAngryAngel
    edited April 2020
    Thank you. I submitted one when I started this thread.
  • DodochDodoch
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited April 2020
    Having same issue. I did not get the welcome box or the quest for ducky mount and other rewards.

Name: MS1 Fanmasher, MS2 Dodoch
    Level: MS1 242, MS2 70
    Job: MS1 Kanna, MS2 Runeblader
    World: MS1 Elysium, MS2 NA East
  • IngtomIngtom
    Reactions: 300
    i got my 1st box when the updade drop but when after the maintenance i had lost my title

Name: Ingtom in both games
    Level: MS1 201 , MS2 81
    Job: MS1 Xenon, MS2 Runeblade/Wiz
    World: MS1 Reboot, MS2 NAW
  • AngryAngelAngryAngel
    edited April 2020
    Hello Mapler,

Thank you for contacting Nexon Player Support.

We checked the reward recipients for the MapleStory 2 Welcome Gift Box. Unfortunately the account did not qualify to receive the event box. Please note that MS 2 account had to be in good standing with a character above level 10 qualify. Additionally, the MS 2 character needed to be created before 3/18/2020 and must be on the same account as your Maplestory character.

Furthermore, have you check the requirements and procedure to receive the rewards on this site, about Maple Relay?

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. If you have additional questions or concerns, let us know.
    Sincerely,

GM Khachie
    Nexon Player Support

I am even more confused and upset after receiving this response to my inquiry about the MS2 welcome box and exclusive maple relay rewards because (1) my account is in excellent standing, (2) my main MS2 character is level 82 and most of the others are level 70-something, (3) I started playing MS2 when the game officially launched, so my main character as well as all of my other characters were created prior to March 18, 2020, and (4) my MS1/MS2 account is one and the same.

I just don't understand any of it, and even though it's small when compared to the issues other players are facing right now in game, it's important to me, as I'm sure it is to any dedicated MS2 player, to have some piece of that game with you after it officially shuts down.
  • DeadlierDeadlier
    Reactions: 800
    edited April 2020
    I didn't get anything too ;-;

I played MapleStory 2 when it was released on the same Nexon account. Though feels like the game soo buggy now, just check to see what rewards I get.
  • DodochDodoch
    edited April 2020
    Got same response from customer support about not being eligible, but I also meet every requirement. So, I don't get it. Why are legit free to play players getting denied like this? Will keep trying because it would be nice to have something in Maplestory to remember the good times had in Maplestory 2.
  • AngryAngelAngryAngel
    edited April 2020
    Hello Mapler,

Thank you for keeping in touch with us.

We'd love to process your request for you to make out the best experience of playing MapleStory. Unfortunately, we are sad to say that we are unable to grant your request. However, you can send us a suggestion regarding your request on our Feedback and Suggestions category as our game team does monitor the forums. Again, we greatly appreciate your understanding.

Should you have other concerns about another matter, please do not hesitate to reach out to us whenever you can.
    Sincerely,
    GM KuroNani
    Nexon Player Support

Can you at least tell me why you think I don't qualify for the Maplestory 2 rewards because I don't understand it at all? It's beyond my comprehension why known hackers, botters, scammers, etc. are constantly rewarded with 2nd, 3rd ... 500th chances to come back into the game after multiple permanent bans, yet legitimate players who've never broken the rules like myself are penalized like this due to a clerical error in the making of the list of eligible recipients.

I've proven that my record with both MS1 and MS2 is spotless and that I meet every other requirement outlined to receive the welcome box and MS2 exclusive rewards. However, you refuse to even look into the matter to correct this mistake.
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited April 2020
    We apologize for the delay. We've updated our v.213 Patch Notes and Welcome Event post to include the additional MapleStory 2 account requirement to be eligible to receive the rewards.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/57261/updated-april-21-v-213-15th-anniversary-pixel-party-patch-notes#welcome
  • AngryAngelAngryAngel
    edited April 2020
    Thank you very much again, Ghiblee, for your much appreciated assistance. What is making this entire experience so frustrating is that I do meet all the requirements, even the updated ones) and the customer support GMs that are reading my ticket totally refuse to investigate the issue or even tell me why I'm not on the list of eligible recipients despite the fact that I do qualify.

"[Updated April 23] Requirement: Account that has had at least one Lv. 10 and above MapleStory 2 character in good standing prior to March 18, 2020. "

My MS1/MS2 account is the exact same account, my main MS2 character is lvl 82 and was created in October 2018 (MS1 characters are levels 180-252), and I am in perfect standing with Nexon. No bans, etc., not even a warning of any kind in 13 years.

Additionally, two friends of mine having the same problem submitted tickets, and their customer support GMs not only apologized but are thoroughly investigating the matter, politely asking them to be patient, which I would be very happy to do if given that opportunity. I am very distraught and do not know what else I can do at this point.
  • DodochDodoch
    edited May 2020
    Hello there,

Thank you for keeping in touch with us, and I apologize for the delay.

I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of investigating the issue and that this may take some time to determine a proper resolution. I will update you when the investigation is complete or if any supplementary information is needed. In the meantime, I will be placing your ticket on-hold. Thank you so much for your patience and cooperation during this process.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Should you have any other issues or concerns, please submit a new ticket.

Sincerely,

GM Kyuyuiyui
    Nexon Player Support

Good luck to all affected players!
  • ArrorArror
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited May 2020
    So, this seems like unfair situation
    i did also played MapleStory2 few months ago
    i did get the rewards all of them
    Well Thanks Nexon honestly.

im not complaining but i do support this post because