[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Night Lord / Night Walker

YacyYacy
Reactions: 1,565
edited May 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello there

NW has a better DPS than NL because of Jump+Attack and also because of 5 shuriken throwing skill. NL becomes somewhat equal to NW thanks to Spread Throw (Throwing Star Barrage). The thing is, it's NW who have a Bind Skill, while it's NL who count on its burst skill (that has a time limitation and cooldown) to make damage - NW being way more consistent in term on DPS. If you miss your Speed Throw attack as NL, you pretty much f***** up. 5th Job decent bind is definitely not enough for a class that does 75% of its damage from 1 burst skill.

Furthermore, NW has :
1 - A skill providing an additional life
2- iFrame skill
3- A REAL vertical jump without cooldown

While NL has nothing of that but a semblance of jump skill with a cooldown on it.

On the other hand, NL is easier to level up than NW. Except that from the moment NW one-shot kill with their bats, it becomes really close.

Therefore, I would suggest the following :
1- Give NL either an iFrame skill or a life protection skill
2- Give NL a bind, as they need it more than NW
3- Give NW better mobbing for when they cannot one-shot mobs

I am an NL player and I would like a better balance between NW and NL. Thank you very much.

P.S. Sorry for my English, I speak French
Asumarudarik

Comments

• ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited May 2020
    NLs should have their drain skill back
  • YacyYacy
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited May 2020
    ShadEight wrote: »

What was NL drain skill ? I don't remember such skill.
  • ThatRandomShadeThatRandomShade
    Reactions: 1,250
    edited May 2020
    Yacy wrote: »
    ShadEight wrote: »

What was NL drain skill ? I don't remember such skill.
    It was a skill that threw a singular star and did a bit of damage while healing for a decent amount. It was good back then to save on pots but I feel like it wouldn't have much use nowadays.

Yacy
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2020
    One crucial devastating flaw of NL is that he's "long range dmg dealer" who MUST do close combat. His main mobbing skill quadruple throw has abysmally low dmg, equaling or sometimes even lower than dmg of Bishop. So NL REAAAAALLLLLY have to rely on 5th job skill to get some decent dmg out. But, despite NL being long range dmg dealer, his 5th job burst dmg skill, spread throw, pretty much requires you to be right in the nose of the boss you're fighting, exposing you to all kinds of attack patterns and risk of death. Combined with Last Resort, the death risk becomes two times fold. Yet, NW doesn't have iframe skills and doesn't have good defense, durability or even high HP. Also, although they finally fixed it in KMS, Shurrikane, NL's another important dmg 5th job skill, was absolute opposite of Spread Throw and had to be used from long range to get full hit out of it, resulting in two very important 5th job skills' contradicting each other. They gave Shurrikane an option to be stopped when you press skill again, about 4 years after the skill came out. So don't lose hope NL players and just sit tight for about 10+ years. I'm sure NX's finest will fix NL around that time lol.
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited May 2020
    I feel like dark servant would have been PERFECT on NL rather than NW considering, maybe make it deal full damage without stacking the characters own attacks (ie character does no damage but the dummy does full damage) so that NLs could attack with spread from a distance.