[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Tengu Boss? What a damn sick joke, Nexon!!!

ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
Reactions: 1,580
edited April 2020 in Rants and Raves
What the F were you thinking, Nexon? Did your developer for this part of game went to restroom and let AI took over??
How come there is NO FKING instruction on how to play this boss run AT ALL???????????????
First you had to run through these tedious maps that you need to wait and kill crows for 10min, it was more than 1 damn quest,
and YOU DID NOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO. I had to guess that I needed to just kill and kill crows then wait for quest to time in, what the f????
Then, when THAT (x2) has been done, you sent me directly into Tengu fight. FINE, BUT WHAT AM I DOING IN THERE????
USUALLY, when you do NOT tell player a thing, I would just fight and dodge, again and again, finally end of battle, everyone happy,
BUT NOT THIS ONE, DAMN YOU NEXON, you have this... purple space of light showing outta no where, Kappa box of words was there for TWO DAMN SECONDS,
"PURPLE... S FOR SPACEBAR..." WHAT THE F WAS THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN????????? WELL, I am still FKING STUCK AS THE STUPID, TEDEIOUS TENGU BOSS FIGHT.

MIND YOU, Nexon, you also have a tendency of setting up Bosses that CAN ONLY BE DONE ONCE A DAY,
NOW THAT PLUS THE FACT THAT YOU GIVE NO DAMN CLEAR GUIDE OR INSTRUCTION HOW TO FIGHT, YOU ARE JUST TROLLING YOUR PLAYERS AFTER THEY FAIL THE BOSS FOR THE FIRST TIME, CUZ THEY HAVE NOT A SINGLE CLUE HOW TO CLEAR IT!!! DAMN WOW, NEXON, GET YOUR DEVELOPER IN SHAPE, STOP TROLLING PLAYER. GOOD LORD.

Comments

• ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited April 2020
    GUESS WHAT, bcuz I take leniency on your LACK OF thoughtfulness and COMPLETENESS of your game system,
    I am going to do you a big favor, NEXON, and GOOGLE THE DAMN TENGU BOSS GUIDE INSTEAD OF DYING 10 TIMES AND FAIL TENGU...

THAT IS A BIG NONO FOR ANY GAME DEVELOPMENT, TELL YOU NEXON. PUTTING PRESSURE ON YOUR PLAYER LIKE THIS INSTEAD OF ENJOYING THE GAME... YOU ARE COMPLETELY OUT OF YOUR MIND, SERIOUSLY.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2020
    "Oh no I have to play DDR to kill one boss monster in one theme dungeon out of the entire game, what terrible game design"
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited May 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    "Oh no I have to play DDR to kill one boss monster in one theme dungeon out of the entire game, what terrible game design"

That doesn't make it less of bad design, or tedious.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2020
    HuskyDM wrote: »

It's not bad design, it's just so wholly different that it throws people for a loop upon first encountering it. And in the case of OP here, some people get pissy about not being able to just blindly mash a key to win that they try, and fail, twice and declare it to be broken content.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited May 2020
    HuskyDM wrote: »

It's not bad design, it's just so wholly different that it throws people for a loop upon first encountering it. And in the case of OP here, some people get pissy about not being able to just blindly mash a key to win that they try, and fail, twice and declare it to be broken content.

I disagree. The boss is clunky and tedious, filled with insta-kills and lasts way longer than necessary, with little indication on what you have to do until you have repeated the fight several times, and buggy as all hell. I'm all for different approaches to encounters but Tengu is not a good one. Its already bad design when you have to tell the player that "S" stands for spacebar instead of using the word "spacebar", or better yet only using the directions.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited May 2020
    I also agree, Tengu's fight wasn't really fun. It's pretty jank and doesn't do a good job of cluing the player in on what to do. Trial and error is a legitimate gameplay style, but there's better ways to go about doing that. When the "trial and error" is figuring out that "s" stands for spacebar then I don't see it as very quality trial and error. (Sure doesn't help that there's that dumb crow kill minigame before hand)