[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

First time purchasing NX on an account[Admin want]

iLpeiLpe
Reactions: 200
edited May 2020 in Rants and Raves
The first time purchasing NX points and it disables trading with other players, selling on Auction House, and dropping items. Not only is this inconvenient but idiotic as well. This system was implemented in KMS 3 years ago and it was taken down right away due to so many complaints. As I entered Zakum, I am not able to drop the eyes because it is in part of the cash shop system. On top of that, it's a whole week that I am restricted to basically everything. I cannot be the only one that thinks this is stupid. This system literally assumes that I am involved in an illegal activity just because I spent 30000NX. I don't see how this system ever prevents any or helps anyone in any way. I have already given screenshots in the request form but I am writing here after knowing that even the bossing is not allowed. Anyone else thinks this is stupid?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2020
    It only happens the first time you charge credit. And given that chargebacks are a thing, it prevents people from buying a ton of surprise style boxes, trading the contents to another character/account and then charging back whatever money was spent.

Just because you aren't looking to commit fraud doesn't mean no one is.
  • iLpeiLpe
    edited May 2020
    How about not being able to boss or drop items because of it? Is it truly better to assume every one of fraud because of that 0.01% of people who actually do this? I mean the cops don't go around the streets pulling everyone over just to catch one person. Doesn't that sound idiotic to you? And with your logic, you can do the same thing in your second, third, and several other purchases and get rolled back. Can you not?
  • iLpeiLpe
    edited May 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    It only happens the first time you charge credit. And given that chargebacks are a thing, it prevents people from buying a ton of surprise style boxes, trading the contents to another character/account and then charging back whatever money was spent.

Just because you aren't looking to commit fraud doesn't mean no one is.

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2020
    iLpe wrote: »
    I mean the cops don't go around the streets pulling everyone over just to catch one person.

They do, actually. They're called checkpoints. They're usually used in high-profile cases, like kidnappings.

In any case, the restriction is less than a week, as the timer starts from when you first charge the NX rather than when you buy the item. Additionally, it only applies if you buy certain items.
    https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/360042632351-Temporary-Trade-Restriction
  • iLpeiLpe
    edited May 2020
    Neospector wrote: »
    iLpe wrote: »
    I mean the cops don't go around the streets pulling everyone over just to catch one person.

They do, actually. They're called checkpoints. They're usually used in high-profile cases, like kidnappings.

In any case, the restriction is less than a week, as the timer starts from when you first charge the NX rather than when you buy the item. Additionally, it only applies if you buy certain items.
    https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/360042632351-Temporary-Trade-Restriction

You realize that you are just restating the concern I am having. If you take a look at the post I have wrote above, I am clearly aware of the fact you just restated. Additionally, you have pointed out my metaphor in an extreme chase that is most likely rare thus, using that one specific example to refute my concern is not effective. Furthermore, I can list numerous examples of where for convenience has served a better environment for everyone then focusing on one scenario where it is most likely not going to occur.