[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Familiar Rollback Issue 4/21

GhibleeGhiblee
Reactions: 3,795
edited April 2020 in Announcements
Hi Maplers,

We are aware that all Familiar progress may be rolled back upon logging out of the game.
Since this is the case, all players should avoid the following actions on their Familiars until this issue is addressed:
- Rerolling Familiar Potentials
- Ranking/Leveling up
- Fusing
- Extracting

If you are already affected by this issue prior to this notice, please submit a ticket to our Support team.
https://support-maplestory.nexon.net

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2020
    If the fix for this is ready before the next scheduled maintenance, will it be applied during an unscheduled one or saved for the scheduled?
  • ProtectEUProtectEU
    Reactions: 930
    edited April 2020
    I'd also avoid collecting Familiars/badges. Keep the cards in your inventory until this issue is resolved, as I just lost a ton of progress (was testing it with easy to obtain cards to see how unstable/sensitive this issue is).
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    edited April 2020
    Familiar Progress Issue Update:
    We applied a fix to prevent players from losing Familiar data upon logging out of the game. We are still in the process of reviewing the tickets submitted due to the rolled back issue.

Thank you for your patience.
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    edited April 2020
    Familiar Progress Issue Update #2:
    After our last Familiar progress announcement, we received a few reports concerning how player's Familiar data would not be saved properly. We would like to inform you that we are looking into this issue.
  • innncginnncg
    Reactions: 555
    edited April 2020
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    After our last Familiar progress announcement, we received a few reports concerning how player's Familiar data would not be saved properly. We would like to inform you that we are looking into this issue.

Could you provide the solutions for how Nexon will compensate or fix the problem for players who are affected by the rollback? A full rollback with compensation on nx or recovery to a certian state that players are satisfied? We cannot do anything about familiars for now.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    If you are already affected by this issue prior to this notice, please submit a ticket to our Support team.
    https://support-maplestory.nexon.net

Also on the same support page regarding familiar rollbacks, it says to not put a ticket in if I was affected. I lost 3 red familiar potential reset (6packs) purchased via Maple points. Should I or should I not put a ticket in?

"A support ticket does not need to be created if you experienced a rollback for familiars or familiar upgrades. We appreciate your continued patience."

Edit : I was refunded via Maple points in full.
    WONDERGUYBunnyWriter
  • CryrainCryrain
    Reactions: 320
    edited April 2020
    Has this issue been resolved yet? I still dont see my missing familliars after the maintenance.

Dont see any updates on this issue for quite a while now
    xninaki
  • HerptheDerpHerptheDerp
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited April 2020
    Brilliant welcome for all the Maple 2 players

"Welcome to Maplestory 1. Look at all these exciting changes!"
    *everything is broken, and or on fire*

Nexon Devs:
    face-facts.jpg
    "working as intended"
    xninaki
  • CryrainCryrain
    edited May 2020

so? any resolution?
    xninaki
  • xninakixninaki
    Reactions: 510
    edited May 2020
    Highly doubtful, their probably engineering a new way to make dedicated players get fed up and quit......again.....
    /rant off.

Just hope we get some kind of update/resolution news soon. Not having familiars sucks.
  • CryrainCryrain
    edited June 2020
    Looks like they are bring back the familliar system soon. So what about the rollback issue?
  • SengaraSengara
    Reactions: 990
    edited July 2020
    I had my unique, golden dragon familiar, deranked to epic.