[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

unban wave?

NawafNawaf
Reactions: 640
in Rants and Raves
Hello,

I have been playing Maplestory since 2006 and in 2017 I have been ban for using dump cheat.

I am not trying to prove myself innocent or something but I want to know if there be any 'unban waves' in the future for the people who played long-time and spent a lot of money on the game?

Thank you c;

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2020
    "I got banned but I want my cheaty account back instead of making a new one"

Haha. No.
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited May 2020
    Tell me, why use "dump cheat" in the first place? You knew that what you are doing is wrong. You knew you WILL get banned for it. So why do it?
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    Nawaf wrote: »
    I want to know if there be any 'unban waves' in the future for the people who played long-time and spent a lot of money on the game?
    No. Because there are people who played long-time and spent a lot of money on the game while also adhering to the rules and stipulations that players agree to when signing up and using the client.
    You did not. That had consequences that you now have to deal with.
    Trying to claim any type of "loyalty" in spite of this is honestly laughable. You deserve nothing.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited May 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    I want to know if there be any 'unban waves' in the future for the people who played long-time and spent a lot of money on the game?
    No. Because there are people who played long-time and spent a lot of money on the game while also adhering to the rules and stipulations that players agree to when signing up and using the client.
    You did not. That had consequences that you now have to deal with.
    Trying to claim any type of "loyalty" in spite of this is honestly laughable. You deserve nothing.

It's like the people who go into <insert retail establishment here> and claim to "SPEND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS HERE" when they get told to kindly piss off and never return because they don't know how to treat other people. You deserve nothing. Get out. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited May 2020
    there is some that got unban but off rank with "dump" cheating (maybe becausee of streamer/spending habits )
    who knows how many more are just off ranked instead of ban
    wont suprise me if nexon continue to do so
  • JelaniJelani
    Reactions: 475
    edited May 2020
    They will never unban you.
  • NawafNawaf
    edited May 2020
    Well, since the community itself doesn't agree so be it.
    MS2 is dead and the MS1 begins to die and I am trying to think of ideas to make it hype once again or give chance for other players to return so Nexon can make more profit.

I am super okay to not be unbanned because the server already dead and I got no interest to play "online game" that feels more like offline. but everybody hopes for the best.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited May 2020
    Hello,

I have been playing Maplestory since 2006 and in 2017 I have been ban for using dump cheat.

I am not trying to prove myself innocent or something but I want to know if there be any 'unban waves' in the future for the people who played long-time and spent a lot of money on the game?

Thank you c;

MS2 is dead and the MS1 begins to die and I am trying to think of ideas to make it hype once again or give chance for other players to return so Nexon can make more profit.

I am super okay to not be unbanned because the server already dead and I got no interest to play "online game" that feels more like offline. but everybody hopes for the best.

as much as its nexon fault its also players fault like you who just use "dump cheats" and wonder why they dont get unban...
    you should be lucky and thankfull that you can be here and make new acc...
    all the things nexon done to combat players like you backfired on all legit players and harmed the game

you got no interest to play anyway like you said
    ok,bye.
  • NawafNawaf
    edited May 2020
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    Hello,

Thank you c;

as much as its nexon fault its also players fault like you who just use "dump cheats" and wonder why they dont get unban...
    you should be lucky and thankfull that you can be here and make new acc...
    all the things nexon done to combat players like you backfired on all legit players and harmed the game

you got no interest to play anyway like you said
    ok,bye.

dude, I am replying to the community and not the game/admins. the community itself agreed the people who has banned shouldn't lift the banned and what I am saying is facts. take a cruise around Scania and judge by yourself.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited May 2020

The game has been "beginning to die" for the past decade. It's time to get over yourself. Big bang did not kill the game. Pull your head out of the sand. Just because you don't like how the game was made more accessible doesn't mean the game is doing poorly.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020

You went from "I want unban waves for illegit players who have spent time and money on the game (several years ago) and been oh so loyal, such as myself" to "I don't want to play this dying game anyway" real quick there. Paraphrasing, of course.

I don't imagine them unbanning hundreds of thousands of illegit accounts (with who knows how many illegitimate items and meso) would make the game "hype again" or give players a "chance" to return. They've had the chance all along. The people who did want to play again despite being justifiably banned have already created new accounts and likely aren't playing legitimately on those either. The rest have moved on, good riddance. It would not result in some magical boost in population.

In that case your thread about a super-merge is the slightly better option for population, but every seasonal player comes and makes that exact same thread and never thinks about the consequences of it long-term or considers any factors beyond "more player good, more server bad".
    AaronHuskyAggraphineJacaru