[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

5th job advance world tree nonsense

DarthDartDarthDart
Reactions: 100
edited May 2020 in General Chat
I just have like three questions.

1. Who on earth thought this was a good idea?
2. Why on earth is this a thing in the game?
3. How on earth do I actually clear this extremely dumb mission without a teleport rock?

That flying thing keeps you from healing pretty much, and everything hits for so much damage.

Comments

• Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2020
    Kill the mobs before it kills u I guess?? Avoid getting hit by potion lock mob and spam healing potion??
    It is pretty stupid how theres potion locking afk counter mob in corrupted world tree when that place is not even proper training ground for +200 lv. BUT, if u can't even get through world tree mobs, there's really no point in 5th job advancement. Enhance ur gears a bit more before doing 5th job quest
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2020
    DarthDart wrote: »
    3. How on earth do I actually clear this extremely dumb mission without a teleport rock?

U do know they re selling teleport rock for more 15 coins in coin shop right? Why not just use that? Y r u trying to do this quest without teleport rock when u know it's much much easier that way?
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    I'm pretty sure the portal is always on the 2nd to top right map. So just make a break for it. =D
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited May 2020
    The portal is random last time i checked ( unless this was changed) the mobs unless you are some tanky class or a class with alot of avoid you gonna get wombo comboed by a combination of either lag+potion lock mob+ regular mobs or potion lock mob and regular mobs and if you can kill the mobs around you it still wont matter cause you STILL need to find the bloody portal.

Also a teleport rock is little hep when you have to open world map select a spot confirm said spot WHILE mobs are slapping that butt and thats IF the game dont give the "Try again later handling other responses" when using the rock...

This was a kinda stupid quest why could she not be like go "kill all 4 of the guardians under this tree" to prove your strength no she says go find my random ass portal...its dumb...

The best help i can give is have a pet with health skill on turn the potion use up to full health and spam attacks while going up and you might fail a few times but thats the best i got if you in bera ill gladly help you out.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2020
    Few people ever seem to have complaints about it. The most I've seen is people ask about it, get pointed in the right direction and they're off with little or no followup complaints.

Maybe it's less "this is designed poorly" and more "you didn't know what you were getting yourself into and got dunked on"? Now that you know what to expect, it should be an easier time.
    FuhreakHuskyDM
  • ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited May 2020
    Having ways to make it easier doesn't mean it's good design.
    I have done 5th job advancement on more than 40 characters and there are multiple classes that will die multiple times reaching the door no matter what.
    Killing monsters is not an option since those are lvl 210-220 meaning, at the very least, Reboot players will hit 1's on them due to level difference while receiving increased damage.
    You can one-hit kill monsters in Vanishing Journey without being able to last a minute in DWT.

Sure it only takes a couple more minutes for those classes but you just lost all your exp for nothing. It's not a skill test or a fun little challenge.
    All it is is a task that forces you to get an HTR and punishes people with meh laptops. They can die to wolves before they even move their characters.
    I only see positives removing it
  • DarthDartDarthDart
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2020
    Ya I was told you can actually kill that enemy that blocks potions. The last time I walked in there I couldn't even touch the thing without getting murdered so I figured he was there specifically as a gimmick for the area.

Now that I know you can kill the thing. This shouldn't be a problem.

Shouldn't being the key word.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited May 2020
    On the quest you can kill the AFK potion mob before moving on, you have plenty of time to do so and move up, or tank it and move on and kill the one in the next area, wait for the debuff to run out, heal up and go on. You don't need Hyper Rock to finish it.

On D.World Tree I think the AFK mob should be removed. It makes no sense why it is there when all of the relevant 200+ stuff is at the Arcane River, neither do I understand why they kept mobs there as 220+ enemies when the amount of xp they give is pitiful and after Arcane River there is no reason why they weren't demoted to 200+ mobs.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2020
    DarthDart wrote: »
    Ya I was told you can actually kill that enemy that blocks potions. The last time I walked in there I couldn't even touch the thing without getting murdered so I figured he was there specifically as a gimmick for the area.

Now that I know you can kill the thing. This shouldn't be a problem.

Shouldn't being the key word.

The "last time you walked in there" may have been when the upper stem mobs were still level 230. They were reduced, some time ago, to around 219 or so.