[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

my world is gone

kenny321423432432kenny321423432432
Reactions: 5
in General Chat
just wanted to start off by saying nexon go F all yous. came back from a long break and found all my characters gone and the world they were in. all that work and money spent gone... just lost a player for good.. peace
WONDERGUY

Comments

• Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2020
    Lol there was a world merge dude. You could've checked four servers to see where ur characters were. Instead, u r throwing a rage fit without even searching for ur character for 1 minute lol
    DaxterbeerHHG1FuhreakHuskyDMWONDERGUYKrimlock
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2020
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    Lol there was a world merge dude. You could've checked four servers to see where ur characters were. Instead, u r throwing a rage fit without even searching for ur character for 1 minute lol

Too much work. Easier to spend more time closing the game, coming to the forums and typing an angry post than to check a whopping four different servers for your characters. You think people actually have the time for that? Approaching things reasonably? Not when there's misplaced anger to throw at nexon!
    FuhreakJacaru
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited May 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Too much work. Easier to spend more time closing the game, coming to the forums and typing an angry post than to check a whopping four different servers for your characters. You think people actually have the time for that? Approaching things reasonably? Not when there's misplaced anger to throw at nexon!

I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that for a player who comes back after who knows how long and finds their world gone the obvious first thing they are going to think is that they have lost all their progress. Seems that there is no message box or email or anything that tells you that a merge has happened either, would be nice because the game does very little to explain how things are working and the site doesn't mention clearly anything about the world merge for returning players.
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited May 2020
    HuskyDM wrote: »

I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that for a player who comes back after who knows how long and finds their world gone the obvious first thing they are going to think is that they have lost all their progress. Seems that there is no message box or email or anything that tells you that a merge has happened either, would be nice because the game does very little to explain how things are working and the site doesn't mention clearly anything about the world merge for returning players.

It takes not even a minute to check for your characters to see if they're still there. It would have taken him less time to check scania, bera, aurora, elysium and reboot for his characters than it took him to come to the forums and REEEEEEEEE all over the place.
    JacaruFuhreak
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited May 2020
    based af
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited May 2020
    It takes not even a minute to check for your characters to see if they're still there. It would have taken him less time to check scania, bera, aurora, elysium and reboot for his characters than it took him to come to the forums and REEEEEEEEE all over the place.

While it doesn't and I certainly don't condone reeing in the forums, MapleStory its extremely cryptic with a lot of its content. You could check the other worlds yes, but without much indication about what happened its not far fetched to think some amount of people left because they thought their progress was erased.

It really takes not much effort to put a message box up for players who were not present during Worlds Unite and haven't logged in since, even more so with how people lack patience with Nexon and MMOs in general in the west. Some more Quality of Life added to the game won't hurt no one, and certainly avoids more reeing.
  • EdheartEdheart
    Reactions: 300
    edited May 2020
    I'm sure I'd react the same way
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020

While it doesn't and I certainly don't condone reeing in the forums, MapleStory its extremely cryptic with a lot of its content. You could check the other worlds yes, but without much indication about what happened its not far fetched to think some amount of people left because they thought their progress was erased.

It really takes not much effort to put a message box up for players who were not present during Worlds Unite and haven't logged in since, even more so with how people lack patience with Nexon and MMOs in general in the west. Some more Quality of Life added to the game won't hurt no one, and certainly avoids more reeing.

People were warned for months on end.
    Leaving a message in the game for people who haven't logged in since then is just extra clutter in a game with enough problems.
    People who played before should remember Scania and Bera so realistically they only have to check 3 servers to find their characters.
    Only two servers if they've played since reboot came out. I'm all for Quality of Life but that's just spoonfeeding and isn't needed.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited May 2020
    wait till you see if you are moved to active world or in dead one
    if you are in dead one "tHeY MiSsEd tHeIr cHaNcE ToO MoVe? SuCkS To sUcK." ...

• AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    didn't you cry "flamebait" in the most recent thread on world merges? why are you trying to reignite those discussions on an unrelated thread?

also wouldn't merging servers again provoke another response like this?
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »

People were warned for months on end.
    Leaving a message in the game for people who haven't logged in since then is just extra clutter in a game with enough problems.
    People who played before should remember Scania and Bera so realistically they only have to check 3 servers to find their characters.
    Only two servers if they've played since reboot came out. I'm all for Quality of Life but that's just spoonfeeding and isn't needed.

tBD3lDV.jpg
    They still have this $hit for CS change for EVERY CHARACTER whether you've already checked the new cs shop on your other character or not. OP is dumb for not even checking the worlds before raging, but if nx can afford to provide new cs guide for every single fkin character, they can afford to provide a single layer UI on start screen that points to Elysium and Aurora and say "merged worlds," which is significantly more important change than cs UI overhaul. Stop making excuses for nx for not doing something little they can do to guide returning players a little.
    JettLuvsU
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    Stop making excuses for nx for not doing something little they can do to guide returning players a little.

A programmed pop up is still extremely niche and unneeded. Though I will give you the point for the CS overlay being useless as well.
    If Nexon can add a message without screwing stuff up, go for it. But I have serious doubts on basically anything Nexon does like that.
  • MalvonMalvon
    Reactions: 1,340
    edited May 2020
    They could just add a little note on the nexon launcher when it's booted up on the lower right side of screen saying something like "Have not logged in awhile? Here is some important info to help you know what you need to know." Which would lead you to a simple guide on recent and on past important notes. Would only show info like Server closing/Opening, Content added or removed and would have a little links page showing what current content that is still in effect.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited May 2020
    Or, y'know, people can just utilize some critical thinking skills and explore things before immediately jumping to a conclusion and flying into an unwarranted fit of anger over it.
    Prophetie
  • RoarLionRawrRoarLionRawr
    Reactions: 110
    I had the same issue. Trying to get back after 6 years.
    I lost all my characters on Galicia. (I figured it merged to make Elysium, but I checked it and all my characters were gone)
    I also checked every other world and found nothing. I waited for the loading data to complete on each too so definitely gone.

So I made a support request. I know I'm not going insane
    WONDERGUY
  • ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited May 2020
    Chances are, you used a different account 6 years ago, also check to make sure your characters are not in the other region (NA vs EU)
    Fuhreak
  • BimblesBimbles
    Reactions: 500
    edited May 2020
    I play on European servers so I was surprised to see all the worlds had gone on the NA one. I always knew how long i'd played because I could look up when Khaini was released.. but now I cant :(
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited May 2020
    just wanted to start off by saying nexon go F all yous. came back from a long break and found all my characters gone and the world they were in. all that work and money spent gone... just lost a player for good.. peace

I understand your pain and know the feeling. First off by saying that one of the mods will prob come and make a big deal about the opening statement so keep that in mind. "you should say how you feel but you know how it goes here"

yes, the world was merge as well as a transfer prior to that so a lot of characters and accounts had a lot of issues. there were bans, some lost accounts and a lot of things. I hope they help you out as its frustrating to have anything happen on something you work so hard on.

I hope when you "voice" your concern they won't make that concern be voiceless :(
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited May 2020

I agree with your point of having emails done as many people don't have time to get in games due to work, school, and other obligations. The sad thing about it is if we voice our concerns to them we then get silenced and become voiceless.

I think an email reminder would be nice as well as an in-game notification and launcher notification. but more so Nexon needs to work on communicating with people outside the forums and discord so the email would be nice.
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited May 2020
    You now i read all these comments and i have to say that if i was away from the game for idk a few years or months i would go to the main site look at the news and updates tab and click on the giant MAJOR GAME UPDATES button and look at all the changes that have happened sense i last played, just saying...

The info is there not hidden and accessible to everyone at all times, there is no need for a pop up saying your worlds merged cause you know common sense should kick in and make you click on all the new worlds to... you know... check whats up cause your original world is missing.

And if your characters are NOT on said world chances are high that you are logged into another account (take that with a grain of salt), i my self have logged into an account that is over 7 years old and all my characters are present (windia).