[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I need some advice on a ban

MindInDisturbiaMindInDisturbia
Reactions: 200
edited May 2020 in General Chat
Hey guys,

I returned to the game recently with COVID-19 happening as i had time to play Maple again. I returned to my account of 10 years which i put my heart and soul into throughout the years. So a couple of days ago i was AFK'ing in the Roller Rink collecting pixel coins and i came back to my computer to play and i was experiencing severe lag (honestly whats new with nexon's servers). So at one point my game competely froze and i crashed my game through task manager so i could relog. I relogged and was experiencing the bad lag again and was making an attempt to leave the Roller Rink. After a couple of crashes and relogins i managed to finally exit the map and then after two minutes i decided that i would relog onto another character to do some questing. When i did this i got a notification saying i had just been perma banned for using illegal third party programs.

I dont hack. Theres no reason to hack. I literally have 10 years on this account and wouldnt hack because why would i want to throw away all that effort? This is the most bizzare thing i have seen. I appealed the ban and was told that the actions were so severe that they had perma banned me and that as a result they would denying the appeal. Im completely gobsmacked as to how this has even happened. I've never shared my account with anyone else so thats completely out of the question and i wasn't doing anything but playing the game how it was supposed to be played.

I just want to know has anyone experienced this before and if they did what was the result of their appeal? What do you think i should do? Like im actually really disappointed in Nexon and at this point i dont think ill be returning to the game if im going to be illegimately banned. Like what the **** do i do? This is actually so upsetting. I have read that some people have experienced similar issues with AFK'ing in those event maps and lagging and then Nexon's security creating false positives and just outright banning people.

Please share your thoughts guys. Would be much appreciated.

Comments

• AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    I believe this happened to other people as well. Try making a ticket and joining live chat when it's open.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2020
    Albinorock wrote: »
    I believe this happened to other people as well. Try making a ticket and joining live chat when it's open.

Live chat is temporarily closed. I think due to most of nexon's staff working from home. Unless that's changed in the last week or so, your only option is tickets for the time being.
  • MindInDisturbiaMindInDisturbia
    edited May 2020
    I have submitted a ticket and they replied saying that my ban was so severe and they cannot lift the ban because I was caught using illegal third party programs at the time I was banned.

This literally makes no sense considering I was relogging multiple times due to severe lag.

I submitted another ticket asking for another review but at this point it seems like they’re pretty firm about me using a third party program when that wasn’t the case. I’m not even sure how to provide evidence at this stage to show them what was happening.

Once again this whole situation is nonsensical.
  • isazaisaza
    Reactions: 100
    I have submitted a ticket and they replied saying that my ban was so severe and they cannot lift the ban because I was caught using illegal third party programs at the time I was banned.

This literally makes no sense considering I was relogging multiple times due to severe lag.

I submitted another ticket asking for another review but at this point it seems like they’re pretty firm about me using a third party program when that wasn’t the case. I’m not even sure how to provide evidence at this stage to show them what was happening.

same for me actually
    been playing for like one year and a half
    Once a diamond, a really devoted and supportive player to Maplestory.
    But I was banned out of no reason I could ever come up with.
    Never use illegal programs but the GM always says the same,
    Too severe to lift the ban, I just don’t know what is sever just being a fkin legit player
    And there are still kannas n blasters hackers not been banned out there.

Guess every ban wave there will be legit players just have to admit they are unlucky to be false banned and not lifted.

and it’s quite ironic when legit people even feel relived after surviving a ban wave.

Good for you, nexon
  • MindInDisturbiaMindInDisturbia
    edited May 2020
    Was the ban you received in the last week or was it long ago?

Also have you restarted the game or are you just waiting to retrieve your account back?

It’s quite sad that we legit players get caught up in this mess. The worst part is we cannot even prove our own innocence. Seems like their security works against their own players and it’s ludicrous.

• VickyanVickyan
    Reactions: 600
    edited May 2020
    I’m sure ms1 team knows about the issue of a false ban. I see so many false bans post from presumably legit players. Sometimes you don’t believe the posters that they are legit players. You don’t believe it until it happens to you or to your friends. I was hit with a false ban in 2018. I play on reboot and my LVL 211 Aran was supposedly banned for mob hacking in ghost ship 1, which is a level 150 map. It doesn’t make sense since my Aran wouldn’t gain mesos or experience points on a low-level map.

I understand that false bans can happen. No system is perfect. But there should be some sort of “benefit of the doubt” system, or at least don’t give out permanent bans for long-standing account holders if it’s their first “offence”.

I moved on to MS2, and gosh, I fell in love with the team’s transparency and communication to the community. When MS2 announces that there will be a ban wave, many players express their concerns about legit players getting caught up. What MS2 did was a temporary ban for the first offence + they remove the items that you gained from exploitation/hacking. It's either the second offence or third offence that you get a permanent ban. Everyone was relieved and I don’t recall anyone complaining about false bans. I played that game to death and met so many great friends. I kind of want to happy cry just thinking about it. Unfortunately, MS2 abruptly announced its shut down.

It’s hard to compare MS1 with MS2 as they run on different game engines. I’m sure finding a balance between efficiently banning bots and not false banning legit players is easier said than done.

I did submit a ticket recently in hopes of getting my account back after two years. My MS2 friends are now on MS1 and I hope to play with them.