[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Feedback] Post Memo/Patch Surveys

FuhreakFuhreak
Reactions: 7,440
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The forums usually turn into a war zone of players against Nexon whenever a bad memo or patch drops.
On the other hand, people who are happy rarely voice that opinion.
I suggest that Nexon expands upon the "post-game survey" that pops up sometimes when you exit maple.

Instead it would be a survey of questions that are important to Nexon, with a short comment available after questions.
This would allow Nexon to compile data that would be useful to itself without having to slog through hundreds of forum posts, reddit threads, discord servers, etc.
Of course there will be opinions expressed in these locations that the survey will not catch, but most dedicated players will answer a short survey if you place incentive behind it.
Offer players a small reward such as a few EXP coupons or Nodestones/Symbols for completion of the survey.

Use this data to give players more direct ways of giving their opinion on targeted areas that you're already looking to improve.
Of course the six month delay on patches does need to be accounted for, so it really is best if Nexon themselves hold this survey because only they know what they're about to look at in KMS or GMS.

This survey would best be given on the website as an opt-in rather than after closing the game.
Include this survey at the bottom of memos and a month or two after a major patch drops, to give players time to adapt.

Some Sample Questions:
With the latest Memo, we mentioned that we were going to adjust Kanna at some point in the future. Do you think Kanna is under powered, over powered or balanced?
In the latest patch, we revealed more of the Grandis storyline, did you think the story was well writen or too long winded?
We recently announced that we were going to revamp [GMS Specific Thing], what are your biggest concerns on this?
(List of options with a field for comment)

Even if we do not see the results of the survey data, this is still a more direct way of allowing players to voice their opinions and gives you the chance to actually be transparent with us.
Please Nexon, the community is willing to work with you if you just stop belittling us.
JuckingTurtlesRockMrRedsArgentSlicedTimeHHG1BeefProphetie

Comments

• JuckingJucking
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited June 2020
    This would be a welcomed change if the feedback was accepted and acted upon. It really sucks when the game is run as a dictatorship leaving the community powerless by decisions made by devs who don't know their own game.
    TurtlesRockMrRedsKrownopPirateIzzySlicedTime
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited June 2020
    only feedback they want are from shareholders
    KrownopPirateIzzyTurtlesRockSlicedTimeBobbyWeaveProphetie
  • KrownopKrownop
    Reactions: 825
    edited June 2020
    turn kishin into a decent skill.
    TurtlesRock
  • RavoyoungRavoyoung
    Reactions: 120
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    The forums usually turn into a war zone of players against Nexon whenever a bad memo or patch drops.
    On the other hand, people who are happy rarely voice that opinion.
    I suggest that Nexon expands upon the "post-game survey" that pops up sometimes when you exit maple.

Instead it would be a survey of questions that are important to Nexon, with a short comment available after questions.
    This would allow Nexon to compile data that would be useful to itself without having to slog through hundreds of forum posts, reddit threads, discord servers, etc.
    Of course there will be opinions expressed in these locations that the survey will not catch, but most dedicated players will answer a short survey if you place incentive behind it.
    Offer players a small reward such as a few EXP coupons or Nodestones/Symbols for completion of the survey.

Use this data to give players more direct ways of giving their opinion on targeted areas that you're already looking to improve.
    Of course the six month delay on patches does need to be accounted for, so it really is best if Nexon themselves hold this survey because only they know what they're about to look at in KMS or GMS.

This survey would best be given on the website as an opt-in rather than after closing the game.
    Include this survey at the bottom of memos and a month or two after a major patch drops, to give players time to adapt.

Some Sample Questions:
    With the latest Memo, we mentioned that we were going to adjust Kanna at some point in the future. Do you think Kanna is under powered, over powered or balanced?
    In the latest patch, we revealed more of the Grandis storyline, did you think the story was well writen or too long winded?
    We recently announced that we were going to revamp [GMS Specific Thing], what are your biggest concerns on this?
    (List of options with a field for comment)

Even if we do not see the results of the survey data, this is still a more direct way of allowing players to voice their opinions and gives you the chance to actually be transparent with us.
    Please Nexon, the community is willing to work with you if you just stop belittling us.

Opinions of people who are unhappy are indeed in all walks of life voiced in larger numbers and with greater emphasis than people who are happy or satisfied, that however doesn't apply to this specific case (the latest memo, and the previous 1-2 years of Nexon **** over everyone in GMS). People who are happy aren't visible v oicing their opinions because there aren't any people who are genuinely okay with the changes that have been made over the recent years.

Normally I would say your suggestion is a good one, and logical at that, but in this case are you actually serious? IF you even for a second think that Nexon gives a crap about their playerbase, given the changes made to the game in recent years, you are even more clueless than they are. I mean no offense but wow... Nothing they do or have done lately indicates even the slightest **** being given.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    @Ravoyoung
    This thread is about reaching out to Nexon and asking them to stop belittling us. So please, for one thread, stop belittling them.
    Why on earth would Nexon ever consider taking advice or feedback from a community that does nothing but complain about how much they hate them 24/7?
    As you said yourself, it's logical, it's good, leave it at that. There are a million other threads if you want to complain. This isn't the one for it.

Nexon's main issue probably lies in that GMS does not bring in much revenue.
    The only way to fix this is by creating a happier more healthy community.
    If Nexon won't fix our issues, we'll just have to speak louder.
    But that doesn't mean we have to resort to constant bashing of Nexon.
    If we want Nexon to stop treating us like children, first we have to stop acting like it.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    It's a good suggestion. I guess my main concern with it would be how Nexon formulates the survey, what options are available. Essentially; how introspective are they able to be in order to create a survey that asks the right questions and draws in valuable feedback. They have to understand how the community thinks and what we may feel is important.

I could use the familiar FAQ as an example. The initial information we got for that was very lacking. Nexon had to ask us what questions we had about it, like they couldn't already have provided at least half of those answers in the initial post just by understanding what's important for the community to know about upcoming changes, in general.
    It's great that we eventually did get answers and I think some would say that it's better that they included us in the process.
    But I still feel that game developers and producers should have some intuition when it comes to what's important information to include in FAQs and patch/update notes, and that wasn't the case.
    So my question then becomes; Would they know what type of feedback they should be looking for, or what type of feedback we'd be likely to want to give?
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    It's a good suggestion. I guess my main concern with it would be how Nexon formulates the survey, what options are available. Essentially; how introspective are they able to be in order to create a survey that asks the right questions and draws in valuable feedback. They have to understand how the community thinks and what we may feel is important.

I could use the familiar FAQ as an example. The initial information we got for that was very lacking. Nexon had to ask us what questions we had about it, like they couldn't already have provided at least half of those answers in the initial post just by understanding what's important for the community to know about upcoming changes, in general.
    It's great that we eventually did get answers and I think some would say that it's better that they included us in the process.
    But I still feel that game developers and producers should have some intuition when it comes to what's important information to include in FAQs and patch/update notes, and that wasn't the case.
    So my question then becomes; Would they know what type of feedback they should be looking for, or what type of feedback we'd be likely to want to give?

The alternative is unfortunately a community run survey, which I'm sure many people within the community would be willing to do,
    but they unfortunately will not be as in-tune with what Nexon needs/wants from such a survey.
    This is just one suggestion however in a series of steps Nexon needs to take to have a better relationship with us.
    It would be nice if such suggestions didn't have to be made and if Nexon already knew what players wanted;
    How to give it to us while also pleasing the Korean higher ups.

Sadly this is not the case, so Nexon might need to do some asking around to gather questions
    that are important to players before hand, such as reaching out to bean brigade members before hand.
    These players should be numerous enough and knowledgeable enough to give Nexon plenty of ideas on what kind of questions that need to be asked.
    Nexon should have enough areas where they can gather some basic info for asking laser focused questions.
    Even if they do not understand the issues that players are having, a quick glance at these forums, reddit or discord should easily tell them some areas to start looking at.