[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is Decent Holy Symbol V-matrix skill worth it?

MawgMawg
Reactions: 1,350
edited January 2021 in General Chat
I have been trying to level as quickly as possible. I have a 210 Mercedes for the link skill EXP bonus, take advantage of weekend 2X, do Sunday Monster Park, etc.

But, I think that my logic may have been wrong with respect to Decent Holy Symbol.

I have max'ed it, rather than using the node stones for attacking skills, reasoning that I can always get scrolls to increase the attack skills of my equips, but can't add EXP to equips.

It just occurred to me that if I level too quickly, my other V-matrix skills may be too low for the higher level monsters that I will meet.

OTOH, I have well scrolled my equips, so maybe that extra bit of V-matrix attack is not as vital as gaining more EXP?

Any advice as to how to invest my node stones? EXP or ATT ?

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2020
    If you can't one shot the monster, you are actually losing exp. (Each new area, the difference between the highest level monster between the 2 area usually differ by 20-30%. It usually the lv difference and arcane force that lower your damage)
    Weak 5th job skills usually can be fixed with better equipment for damage.
    For a cheap investment from using random boost node (you can disassemble them later while losing very very little node shard), use up to 5 slot to boost your main training skill to lv 60.
    Fuhreak
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited June 2020
    if you are leveling past 200 its mandatory. there is no reason to have it on. even if u have to take off a 5th job node in its place. HS should be taking 1 of your slots.
    even level 1 HS is useful. most 5th job skills have a heavy Cooldown and for merc specifically i already know 2 of the 4th job skills you start with are not that neccessary.
    you can keep your pony cus the mobility and power on that is worth the cooldown.

tldr. make space for hs its mandatory.
    Mawg
  • MawgMawg
    edited June 2020
    Rexaar wrote: »
    If you can't one shot the monster, you are actually losing exp.

So, are you saying that I should prioritize attacking V-matrix skills over the EXP from Decent Holy Symbol (thus being able to One Hit Kill)?

• ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    Reactions: 2,330
    edited June 2020
    Wish it would stack with real us and we wouldn't be so screwed as bishops lol!
    I usually get that one though on mules cause anything helps expwise. I end up forgetting to use it too cause my pets on my bishop auto cast it haha! Oops! Oh well!
    Mawg
  • MawgMawg
    edited January 2021
    In the end, I am mixing in one DHS with every 2 or 3 other node advances. I find it useful . Also, node stones are only 3m each in the auction house (in Luna)