[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Beast Tamer 'Revamp' Feedback

FoxyTamerFoxyTamer
Reactions: 625
edited June 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I've been waiting for 6 years to see a joking 'revamp'. I was so disappointed for manifold reasons.
Firstly, why do you let Deep Breath and Really Deep Breath have 2 boost nodes while Trumpet has no boost node or hyper passive to enhance it?
Secondly, we expected to see some changes with 'Champ Charge' mechanism to make it viable during bossing but what you did was to add details that I've already known about existing nodes.
What's more, the new hyper is great except that it has 360s cooldown, why nexon? why? why don't you reduce the cooldown half or add conditions to reduce cooldown (like DS's blue blood)?
Last but not least, no extra SPs or reduce SP required for useless skills make us unable to max all skills which the rest of maple story can do.
I know that the bug allow BT to stack passives should be fixed, so the new hyper skill is a good idea except a LONG COOLDOWN. V matrix of BT is a joke, and you still keep it like a mess.
Shiftah

Comments

• KingofFurriesKingofFurries
    Reactions: 1,605
    edited June 2020
    Adding on to this to not have to make a new thread:

Please, change the new hyper skill. its an absolute JOKE

It's understandable for passive sharing to be removed. It was a bug, it was unintended. BUT, its what beast tamers needed to be viable. The thing is it didnt even make beast tamer overpowered, hell it only made them slightly above average. I know dps charts aren't entirely accurate, and should be taken with a grain of salt, but honestly take it into consideration. Without passive sharing, beast tamer was rank 42 or so, bottom of the charts. and with passive sharing, it made them around rank 18 or so, thats not bad. its definitely not overpowered, but its a huge difference. All the beast tamers i know agree its important to have it as a feature.

here's my issue. passive sharing had been a thing for almost an entire year, so long to the point where basically it was seen as part of the class. while it was unintended, it made beast tamer the best it had ever been in its entire 7 years since release (i would know ive mained one since day 1), and the great thing is that it was active 100% of the time. playing beast tamer actually felt like a decent class and was competitive with all the other mages.

But now what they've done, is fix the passive sharing, and turn it into a hyper skill. At it's concept, thats not a bad idea. beast tamer never had a third hyper skill, i think it fits. problem is the skill only last 60 seconds, while the cooldown is 360 seconds...... basically 1/6th the time compared to what it used to be.. ouch. Definitely a huge nerf. Now, i know what you're thinking, "well, is not really a nerf, if it was a bug to begin with". you'd be right. the problem is, it stayed in the game for so long. if somehow passive sharing became a thing, then was patched a week later, i'd be a lot less salty. but to have it be a feature for almost a year.. it might as well be intended at that point.

Now, beast tamer definitely isnt as trash as it used to be., 2 years ago, but its also no where near what it was last week. We're gotten a chance to see what beast tamer could be if it was actually viable, and it was great, but now its been shafted.
    if this is what it's going to be, beast tamer seriously needs more buffs. Is the new hyper skill the solution? well, its the easiest solution, either make the duration alot longer, or shorten the cooldown by a lot, because going from 100% uptime down to like 15% uptime that is just sad. Preferably, i'd love for it to be 100% uptime again, but i'd be ok if it wasn't. but really it definitely needs to be more than what it is, 75% of the time atleast. Now, it doesnt have to be the only solution; there's other ways to make beast tamer as viable as it was. the animals themselves could be buffed more, more lines could be added, passives could be buffed, skills could be changed. One thing that could be more utilized is the first 5th job skill, champ charge. its absolute garbage and really servers no use. this skill can definitely be overhauled to provide more of a class boost. And, as the original poster here said, why is it that beast tamer has 2 nodes for deep breath and really deep breath (basically the same skill) while one of the main attack skills (majestic trumpet) has no node??? really makes no sense honestly.

Sorry for going on a rant, im just upset for loosing a huge chunk of damage because of this. Us beast tamer mains really wanted this to be a permanent feature, and it was handed to us as a joke.. Hopefully nexon reconsiders the hyper skill and either changes duration, lowers cooldown, or provides other alternatives to buffing beast tamer because it really needs something. its just sad to see a class that was average get turned into something near the bottom.

Hopefully other beast tamer players share their concerns here and something changes.
    AaronHuskyFoxyTamerShiftah
  • KingofFurriesKingofFurries
    Reactions: 1,605
    edited June 2020
    Adding to this A friend of mine had tested it

unknown.png
    Basically outside of whistle, damage is significantly weaker Basically they tested on lucid phase 1 in a 30 second burst

Shiftah
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited June 2020
    I am afraid to try my damage on my second main Beast Tamer after seeing multiple rant threads on Reddit. Started to play it as sub since October and I really felt like the passive bug made the class decent and well balanced if going on built Bear/Leopard/Hawk. Don't get me wrong, I currently still main Hero for years since I started play this game. Just gotta say that I was once a Hero Councilor for Maple Leaf Council years ago, so I am open for more revamp suggestions.

As the weeks pass, after leveling, doing multiple achievements like Dream defender and several bossing solo and viewing other Beast Tamer with different built videos, I can see so much potential of making it better. I believe this class still needs a ton of changes, not for a better DPS than this pre-revamp necessarely but more like giving way more choices of playstyle, better QoL with some more bug fixes and skills addition/rework.

Several players actually ask for a Champ Charge mechanism rework since Beast Tamer got reworked last year. As for this new Lv190 Hyper skill, I was really hoping that it would be something else and then this passive bug could actually be intended eventually, but it's not what happened here :( Beast Tamer being trash class as Bear/Leopard/Hawk built? I can't accept that. Even for Bear/Leopard/Cat, heck Cat support skills are far from being as good as Bishop, so I don't see the point of drastically nerf the class in overall. What could be easily done to fix this is to increase every Bear %dmg skill by current average %DPS increase from passive from either playing on any of these two builts and slightly increase Leopard/Hawk damage, so this new hyper skill could burst damage even more. Same thing should be done for Cub Cavalry and Aerial Relief.

However, if we really want more choices of playstyles and actually have a reason of playing Cat Mode for way better supports, this new hyper skill should be 100% uptime. What I have in mind is to relocate a portion of some passives from Leopard and Hawk modes to put in last passives of each mode and in both modes they should have very similar passives or maybe slighty better ones in Hawk at some point. A way so we can slighty nerf Bear/Leopard/Cat by maybe 15% of DPS pre-revamp in exchange of better cat supports for balance purpose. Eventually, I will even try playing around with Cat skills to see what can be easily done for better support, especially for some healing skills and party passives... I don't think a Beast Tamer would want stay on Cat mode for a whole fight but only on certain situations. There should be another reason than just Gold Card for playing Bear/Leopard/Cat. What would be very nice for Hawk mode if a complete buff of Tornado Flight, so it can be used as a very good burst, but of course it may be a bit risky to use in bosses. The few times I tried it in Normal Lucid solo while dodging dragon, I felt like damage could be better especially for risk of taking hits. I have plenty of good ideas, some of you may not agree.

Of course I would not say no for more lines on some skills, casting delay and such but nothing too major. What would you guys think of current Beast Tamer gameplay? Besides having lame damage, we all know this lol.

Here are some reddit links about complains after Beast Tamer revamp (note that there is also a bug with this new hyper, to read one of these links):
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/h0odg4/beast_tamer_is_unplayable/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/h0nxe1/beast_tamers_are_broken_after_the_update_in_a_bad/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/h0nkiu/psa_to_the_last_3_bt_mains_in_existance/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/gzzaxi/nexon_how_could_you_nerf_beast_tamer/
    Shiftah
  • LostxLostx
    Reactions: 1,265
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    Here's a decent Idea if anyone has ever played Shade/Euwol. At level 200 he has a quest that upgrades his hyper into more damage, more duration. What if BT got something like that, at level 200 BT could do a simple quest (Shade is literally just a small talk) That would just upgrade the hyper into a toggle, or the full duration buff?
    Shiftah
  • USFNOOBbtUSFNOOBbt
    Reactions: 410
    Beast Tamer honestly needs the passives to be a constant thing. The stats in each tree need to be re-evaluated and set as a constant passive for the class as a whole. How it is now, if you plan on playing 2 animal trees (which is normal), you need 2 gear sets to make it work. For instance, if you were to play Bear and Leopard primarily, one tree would have tons of crit rate and the other would have nearly none. You can get that crit rate but it becomes a redundant stat for the Bear at a certain point.

Now for actual bugs that need fixing: Critter Crossing removes nearly every single buff you have on. Consumable Potions, Hyper Skills, Link Skills, and Decent Skills, all are removed at the end of the duration. It even removes the Event buff that allows the accumulation of RISE coins.

Passive Stacking was a thing for much longer than OP states, it only became something we noticed more recently. This means that Beast Tamers are at their weakest state ever because in the past, we accidently passive stacked without realizing (the HP from Bear has applied to every animal since day 1 of the class). So ya... this Nerf is probably the biggest one we have had ever for any class in the game.

What really boggles my mind is the fact that the animation for this new skill is actually pretty high quality and nice... why did Nexon pay someone to make this just to kill the character?
    Shiftah
  • NouyeNouye
    Reactions: 210
    Black Desert Online, Lost Ark, Monster Hunter World, Destiny, Soul Worker, Borderlands 3,... What all of this games have in common? They're games with level progression, storytelling and nonetheless grind. However, here we're playing Maplestory a game that has about 16 years, at least in GMS, and is not even 3D nor does it have the most recent graphics; Again, here, playing Maplestory.

Beast Tamer had a not intended feature, one that brought the class to a level where is was conceivable to play. You didn't hear from nowhere that the Beast Tamer were a broken class, one that you should play because of the many advantages as two binds, increase spawn rate and mob density, damage,... You didn't hear since the BT ( Beast Tamer ) isn't a Kanna. Another class that got "nerfed" to decrease the gap between classes. - Can you see what's happening here?

With the recent patch, v.214, BT had their unintended feature removed and I want bring this to another topic so you can visualize better what I'm trying to say. Can you imagine an unintended discovery be the first of its kind that would save and still saves lives around the world? Here it's penicillin. I know that BT is far from being the salvation so here's another example: Microwave, discovered by Percy Spencer in 1940 as accident when he was testing the thermionic valves for the company he worked for, Raytheon Corporation. Imagining those discoveries being trashed just because they were unintended, does that makes sense for you?

In the end we still here playing Maplestory, playing because so far we love the game. - But as the love can came, he can go too. - When an company disappoint us, ignores our feedback and takes actions that does not make the game greater but worse. We, the players who 'll spend their time in a game where we could be playing the other hundreds and hundreds of rpgs; I can just wonder: How much time can this relation endure before it's end.
    Shiftah
  • ShiftahShiftah
    Reactions: 540
    edited June 2020
    Going straight to the point, nodes & small fixes:

Cat skills

Friend Launcher: Make us be able to hold down the attack key with the 4th attacks 1600% damage bonus, every 4 attacks, this is just breaking our fingers for now apparent reason.

Purr Zone: Add a node to this one, MAKE IT BE ABLE TO CRIT, and make the heal % instead of flat HP, nothing crazy but perhaps 1-3% HP per tick.
    Wanted to give some justification for this one, the only real reason of having these types of heals at all is for when the AFK-Monsters that potion-lock you come into the maps, with flat HP heals you're being punished for having a lot of HP. I get that a case could be made for already having the 20% HP Meow Heal on a 0 sec CD, but if you're grinding you're probably busy breaking your fingers on Friend Launcher & not spamming Meow Heal

Snow Leopard skills

Bro Attack: Missing a node, otherwise great skill.

Bear skills

Majestic Trumpet: Still missing a node.

Paw Swipe: Again, let us be able to hold down the attack key, Leopard's Paw and Formation Attack already has this.

• TreeBranchTreeBranch
    Reactions: 790
    edited June 2020
    Going to chime in here as this change absolutely sucks, and I despise it all, but it's here to stay.

The new 190 hyper skill's cool down being at a ludicrous SIX minutes is a complete and utter joke.
    The cool down definitely needs to be addressed to either be halved to match most other class' major buffs for bossing, or have an alternative method to reduce the cool down.
    Much like Hawk's Fly, it could come with an innate cool down reduction through attacking, that way the total up time on the skill is not a pitiful 16.7%.

Regardless, I have always loved the appeal of having actual varying skill builds for a class in a game that has long forgone that type of complexity ages ago, and it pains me greatly to have put in this much effort into this class only to have it ripped away in just a snap of a finger.

Probably won't be continuing this game at all if nothing is done about this dumpster fire tier of a change.
    Shiftah
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited June 2020
    Shiftah wrote: »
    Going straight to the point, nodes & small fixes:

Cat skills

Friend Launcher: Make us be able to hold down the attack key with the 4th attacks 1600% damage bonus, every 4 attacks, this is just breaking our fingers for now apparent reason.

Purr Zone: Add a node to this one, and make the heal % instead of flat HP, nothing crazy but perhaps 1-3% HP per tick.
    Wanted to give some justification for this one, the only real reason of having these types of heals at all is for when the AFK-Monsters that potion-lock you come into the maps, with flat HP heals you're being punished for having a lot of HP. I get that a case could be made for already having the 20% HP Meow Heal on a 0 sec CD, but if you're grinding you're probably busy breaking your fingers on Friend Launcher & not spamming Meow Heal

Snow Leopard skills

Bro Attack: Missing a node, otherwise great skill.

Bear skills

Majestic Trumpet: Still missing a node.

Paw Swipe: Again, let us be able to hold down the attack key, Leopard's Paw and Formation Attack already has this.

You cannot do the whole combo by holding attack as leopard. Plus Meow Heal recovers you at 100% at max level if you are alone. It splits when more players in the range.