[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Beast Tamer] Meow Card locks ability use

ShiftahShiftah
Reactions: 540
edited November 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Cat ability "Meow Card" sometimes locks any and all ability/item usage.

Brief bug summary: When using the "Meow Card" ability from the Cat skill tree, approximately 2/10 times (about once to twice an hour) it locks all of your abilities from being used, including potions, town portal scrolls etc. It's easy to quickly recognize when it happens due to the fact that even flash jump stops working.

More details: The only way to fix the ability usage lock is to logout to character screen, changing channels does not fix it.

Steps to reproduce: Use "Meow Card" from the Cat skill tree several times, there is no specific card type that triggers this bug, it seems like a random occurance when it locks ability usage, but when it does happen, it's right after the character animation position lock finishes that I've noticed all abilities have gotten locked.

Character name: VeryHelpful

Character level: 211

Character job: Beast Tamer

World name: Luna

Date and time of the incident: 14/11/2019 - 12:00 CEST was the last time it happened.
HeroBrewster

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Thank you for reporting this issue.
    Just to be clear: Are you using Meow Card or Meow Gold Card?
  • ShiftahShiftah
    edited November 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Thank you for reporting this issue.
    Just to be clear: Are you using Meow Card or Meow Gold Card?

Meow Gold Card is just a passive for the Meow Card ability, but yes, I have the passive
  • KingofFurriesKingofFurries
    Reactions: 1,605
    edited November 2019
    this has been an issue for years.
    Basically, sometimes - at a very small chance - meow gold card will activate incorrectly locking the character. Now, to add some corrections to the original post:
    -it's only meow gold card specifically
    - and there are other ways out of the lock.
    from what i've found, if you get locked here's how to get out of it:
    -relog / change characters
    -die
    -leave party in a boss
    -force a map change (boss que, time runs out and teleports you, etc)
    you don't always have to relog, but it is quite annoying. it prevents you from doing basically anything
  • ShiftahShiftah
    edited June 2020
    Any news?
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2020
    If the bug persist, post an update after the patch tomorrow.

As a workaround for any kind of soft lock situation, use one of the guild skill "On My Way", "I Summon Thee", and "Rise , Minions!" to unstuck yourself. Guild revamp broke the work around.
  • ShiftahShiftah
    edited June 2020
    Bug type: Cat ability "Meow Card" sometimes locks any and all ability/item usage.

Brief bug summary: When using the "Meow Card" ability from the Cat skill tree, approximately 2/10 times (about once to twice an hour) it locks all of your abilities from being used, including potions, town portal scrolls etc. It's easy to quickly recognize when it happens due to the fact that even flash jump stops working.

More details: The only way to fix the ability usage lock is to logout to character screen, changing channels does not fix it.

Steps to reproduce: Use "Meow Card" from the Cat skill tree several times, there is no specific card type that triggers this bug, it seems like a random occurance when it locks ability usage, but when it does happen, it's right after the character animation position lock finishes that I've noticed all abilities have gotten locked.

Character name: FullSupport

Character level: 203

Character job: Beast Tamer

World name: Luna

Date and time of the incident: 16/07/2020 - 13:04 CEST was the last time it happened.
  • ShiftahShiftah
    edited June 2020
    Rexaar wrote: »
    If the bug persist, post an update after the patch tomorrow.

As a workaround for any kind of soft lock situation, use one of the guild skill "On My Way", "I Summon Thee", and "Rise , Minions!" to unstuck yourself. Guild revamp broke the work around.

It's still bugged.