[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

von leon prequests take too long

eugenefireeugenefire
Reactions: 1,030
edited June 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
This content is YEARS old. It's time for a modernization to the quests in line with other significant bossing prequests. It is recommended to new players that they SKIP this entire questline until they reach the point that they can solo hard von leon. This is not because von leon's rewards are not worth it, but rather because of how tedious and time consuming the prequest can be.

Problems: excessive quest requirements coupled with some of the lowest spawn rates in the entire game. The mobs spawn at approximately 6 every 10 seconds. The required quest item has about a 50% drop rate. Wiping the map, this is still an entire 300 seconds for a single quest, the vast majority of which is waiting for mobs to spawn. The fixes are easy, either increase spawn rate to be in line with other similarly leveled maps (such as ludibrium toy factory) or reduce the quest requirements significantly to be more in line with similar quests (30 is very reasonable considering the incredibly low spawn rate). For the last few quests, namely the ones involving castle golems, the drop rate is way too low considering the spawn rate.

TL;DR please consider buffing either drop rate, spawn rate, or nerfing quest requirements for the Von Leon prequests.
  1. Should von leon prequests be made easier?7 votes
    1. Yes
       86% (6 votes)
    2. No
       14% (1 vote)
    3. idc
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2020
    T3UM6Ho.png
  • EikaheEikahe
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited June 2020
    I agree, but mostly because it's ludicrous that the maps only have 5-6 mobs in them total. I don't think the drop rate or amount is terrible, but it's criminal how few mobs there are in those maps, especially the earlier ones.
  • zmintzmint
    Reactions: 635
    edited June 2020
    Yeah I agree it takes too long. I started making some legion mules, and there’s no way I’m going to take them throught he von leon prequest. It would be nice to easily access that boss though because then they could get his ring. Gollux is too hard for a legion mule now, and an event ring isn’t always available. Not to mention his gear is quickly replaced by cygnus and then ra so that even mains don’t need to do it
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited June 2020