[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Activation and Use of NightGhost Guide

EugierEugier
Reactions: 400
in Bug Reporting
I've been struggling to understand how does the Kanna Skill NightGhost Guide works. In the description it says it should activate 30% of the time but I found some inconsistencies.
I'm willing to provide more video evidence of such errors if necessary, but testing all of the things I'll state would be way time consuming but would do If when showed would fix the class I love so much to play.

The issues on the table are:

1- Is 30% of activation per attack or per mob? I've seen it activate more than once at boss monsters but It doesn't seem linked to skill. If it were it should always activate when using "Shikigami Haunting" since it should count as 3 different skills, with 30% of activation it's way to much likely to activate as it's own description say. But the "Vanquinsher's Charm" Skill activates it more than once, and skills that are summons by definition like "Circle of Supression" do activate it, while some others don't. Would like some clarification if it's not a bug and on what conditions does it activate.

2- There is no clear definition of which skills does activate the "NightGhost Guide". I've seen that it appears not to activate when using certain Skills, here are SOME examples I've been able to notice.
"Exorcist's Charm" "Tengu Strike" "Ghost Yashka Boss(Not when summoned nor when hitting while in the map)" "Falling Sakura" "Orochi Unbound" "Soul Bomb" "Shikigami Charm" and the summoned "Kishin Shoukan" Although the last one makes sense not to activate the "NightGhost Guide" Skill . Also the 5th job skills "Liberated Spirt Circle", "Spirit's Domain" "Summon Yuki-onna" and "Sengoku Force, Assemble" don't seem to activate it either, but I believe it is because they are higher level, so it would make sense but again, clarification would be nice.

3- It appears that it is impossible to activate the skill "NightGhost Guide while airborne. This one I have video evidence since it's easy to test out and it is really weird. Maybe that is the reason "Exorcist's Charm" is not activating the skill, since it'll always make you attack in mid air. Either way, with bosses like Gloom that you need to jump and Attack and with skills that are needed to be in mid air to activate, I believe this is most likely a bug.

Also, If any other community members found any other issues, please feel free to comment and post evidence if you have it.

Thanks for everything
Eugier

Comments

• EugierEugier
    edited June 2020
    Here's one example:
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2020
    The activation is based on "per attack" that successfully hit an monster.
    There is an hidden cool down of 2-3 seconds after Night Ghost has activated.
    Eugier
  • EugierEugier
    edited June 2020
    Rexaar wrote: »
    The activation is based on "per attack" that successfully hit an monster.
    There is an hidden cool down of 2-3 seconds after Night Ghost has activated.

On the activation "per attack" is something you felt while playing or did you test it somehow? And also my point in the post, some stuff don't count as "attack" for some reason that is not clear.

On the second part, I've noticed it doesn't activate twice in a row, but the skill itself doesn't say it has CoolDown. If that's true, it's another thing that should be added to it's description.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2020
    Tested and when playing.
    It generally follow the same rules of all final attack skill that other classes has (only Kanna final attacks has the strange rule it cannot activate in the air).
    All final attack skills description never say which skills can trigger them (e.g Hero shout/combo fury do not trigger FA, soul driver on a adventurer do not trigger FA, Aran final toss/gathering hook do not trigger FA)

Also the final attack portion of Kanna "Nine-Tailed Fury" when it is on cool down also do not activate in the air.
    (A typo in "Nine-Tailed Fury" description, "When attacking while Nine-Tailed Fury is off cooldown" should be "When attacking while Nine-Tailed Fury is on cooldown"
    Eugier