[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ban Data from 06/25/2020 - 07/01/2020

GhibleeGhiblee
Reactions: 3,795
edited July 2020 in Announcements
Please see below for the ban data covering: 06/25/2020 - 07/01/2020

Ban reason: Advertisement
Number of characters banned: 3
Number of accounts banned: 3

Ban reason: Hacking/Botting
Number of characters banned: 847,841
Number of accounts banned: 280,417

Full list of banned characters:
http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/59124
http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/59125
http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/59126
http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/59106

Comments

• WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited July 2020
    just limit the acc makeing allready...
    is crazy how many bots gets ban and remake their acc right away
    Mouseyyy
  • KeishuoKeishuo
    Reactions: 520
    edited July 2020
    Hi Ghiblee,

I found my IGN on the first list:
    IGN / Keishuo
    World / Scania

Would really appreciate (and be eternally grateful) if my case can be looked into carefully as this must have been a big misunderstanding for my account to be permanently banned on 1st July.

I will be happy to provide any information requested to lift the ban on my account. Please help =(
  • LWayraLWayra
    Reactions: 645
    edited July 2020
    In this list, many who play legal are included.
  • KeishuoKeishuo
    Reactions: 520
    edited July 2020
    With 280,417 permanent bans in this week alone, I would like to think at least 95% are correct and GMs are doing well to remove illegal activity from the game.

Unfortunately I, and many others, would be part of the remaining 5% and it feels like with each passing day, it gets increasingly unlikely the GMs will go back and look at the old cases of permanent bans individually (due to the other issues going on plus sheer quantity of permanent bans on weekly basis) to determine whether a mistake occurred or at least inform the ones involved that investigation is ongoing instead of shutting the case on Customer Service tickets with the decision as "final".

Please can someone respond or let me know there is still hope and I will be happy to provide all information requested to resolve my case immediately.
    IGN / Keishuo
    World / Scania
    MichaeI
  • SnickySnicky
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited July 2020
    Must admit that the server or nexon gameguard is working causes people get the message they use a hackprogramm after being dced , while they did not used any 3rd party programm or whatsoever . It happend to me too on my adele , I am still in the game but I was doing a quest and killing mobs near the dragons in Leafre , just my Discord and game open and suddenly my game crashed and I did get that message I was useing some hackstuff or something . I got back in so assume it been just something related like not compatible with .... issue or we .
    I do know enough that get there Perma Ban are trully cheating in the game but , wondering ; Are the Bans most related to Nexon gameguard , or is it because People report those Hackers / aka cheaters ?
    For now you admitted there been unnecessary bans and u been looking into them , so I trully hope that those who didn't hack / cheat , espcially those that got banned around DMT will get there account released .
    I know it does take time but that is what you knew when took the job isn;t it ? That not it been just fun & happiness .
    Don't take it all to light and say to fast you can't look into there issues any further , solve it and otherwise give them proof what you seem to have found of them cheating /hacking because , it is same when u get on trial , they have to show u proof before they can give the verdict Guilty .
    But so far I can see from post you just don;t give proof you just say the account is no longer accessible [ and then it is case closed ] .
    Do something about this banproblem for those who got the not honest banhammer on there head !!
    The game has already alot of issue seem serverinstablity in many ways .
    I played MS2 before and was sad that Nexon pulled the plug out - they killed the game , not the players did this .
    And for the short time I am playing on Reboot it feels like they act exact the same way here - so where will it end ?
    Same as with MS2 that Reboot will go down too again ?
    The community is large enough whats playing there and they buy enough in cashshop too , so not get why Nexon just sticks his head in sand like a Ostrich does all the time .

MichaeI
  • MichaeIMichaeI
    Reactions: 100
    edited July 2020
    Keishuo wrote: »
    With 280,417 permanent bans in this week alone, I would like to think at least 95% are correct and GMs are doing well to remove illegal activity from the game.

Unfortunately I, and many others, would be part of the remaining 5% and it feels like with each passing day, it gets increasingly unlikely the GMs will go back and look at the old cases of permanent bans individually (due to the other issues going on plus sheer quantity of permanent bans on weekly basis) to determine whether a mistake occurred or at least inform the ones involved that investigation is ongoing instead of shutting the case on Customer Service tickets with the decision as "final".

Please can someone respond or let me know there is still hope and I will be happy to provide all information requested to resolve my case immediately.
    IGN / Keishuo
    World / Scania

:(