[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Crash at chossing NortA and Europe

AlbertOwyAlbertOwy
Reactions: 100
edited November 2016 in Tech Support
i can't choose between north and eu, because i click and my game crash aff compability mode i tried and not work :(

Comments

• LilithWalkerLilithWalker
    Reactions: 530
    edited November 2016
    the same here, me and 6 friends downloaded the game after like 1 year without playing, we saw that reboot thing and thought that sounds awesome, then 5 of us can't log in, every time the game crash at that, tried over 100 times i think each of us, 1 of our friends she can enter without problems, but 5 of us can't and we don't know why, this is getting frustating, guess we should play other game.
  • chiriichirii
    edited November 2016
    IM THAT 1 FRIEND, I do have to mention that my laptop is like 4 years old too~
  • YarexYarex
    edited November 2016
    Same problem here the games crash after select north america or europe server.
  • zDork_1zDork_1
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2016
    Yup! Same here :(
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    What worked for me:
    1. Use GameLauncher.exe (not the Nexon Launcher or Steam launcher).
    2. Don't let the video play all the way to its end. Press any key or click on the video to make it stop in the middle.

If I let the video play through, then the client will crash shortly after the video ends. It can be the region select or sometimes if I click fast enough then it will crash on the login screen. But if I stop the video short, everything works fine.

Good luck.
    edited November 2016
    that doesn't do anything to us, is a new bug now for what we researched, i tried everything, funny thing, i transfered the game to my brother laptop just to test, and there works just fine, but we can't think on why is giving the crash on my pc, both have kinda the same software, same OS, but on my pc it crash and the laptop of my brother works, my friends like i said it already, 1 can open it, the rest of us get the crash.
  • DawnWarriorDawnWarrior
    edited November 2016
    I too am getting this error. I crash when it gets to the choose North America or Europe window, or soon after.

i get a better chance of progressing to the login window if i let video play through, but it crashes like a few seconds after it gets to the log in window on the rare occasions i pass the region selection window.

EDIT - I can log in successfully if i click to skip video

getting this ever since the patch this week. how disaster and disappointing. not sure if i will have to redownload whole game, prob will make me miss the hot weekend anyway. (not sure if redownload even fix it and will use up all my data etc)
    LilithWalker

that doesn't do anything to us, is a new bug now for what we researched, i tried everything, funny thing, i transfered the game to my brother laptop just to test, and there works just fine, but we can't think on why is giving the crash on my pc, both have kinda the same software, same OS, but on my pc it crash and the laptop of my brother works, my friends like i said it already, 1 can open it, the rest of us get the crash.
    Possible fix is copy your friends working maple onto yours (make a backup of your own maple first though)

• KoffieKoffie
    Reactions: 930
    edited November 2016
    I had a similar issue, I fixed mine by deleting my Wizet folder/keys in the registry, and after that I restarted the game and it worked.
    If you want to try this to see if it helps with your issue as well, open Regedit (Windows button + R then type regedit then press enter. Or go to start and type regedit and then press enter.)

Then delete Wizet keys, a.k.a. the Wizet folder located at (just select the wizet keys/folder by clicking on it and then press delete):

If you are using a 32 bit version of Windows:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wizet

If you are using a 64 bit version of Windows:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wizet
    edited November 2016
    i just tried this, but nope, this doesn't fix it for us =/
  • CocoDriloCocoDrilo
    Reactions: 640
    edited November 2016
    Tried everything posted here, did not work, Its weird after clicking NA the screen just goes black i have to go to task manager and kill the maplestory.exe process so i can use the PC again
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    CocoDrilo
    CocoDrilo said:

Tried everything posted here, did not work, Its weird after clicking NA the screen just goes black i have to go to task manager and kill the maplestory.exe process so i can use the PC again
    Try using Windowed Mode? (alt-enter)
  • YarexYarex
    edited November 2016
    already did, windows full mode and the game still crash
  • CaptainSamCaptainSam
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    Hi, My game crash too in same time. I try window mode and it still crash. I have W10 but i use compatibility W7 but it's don't work.
    edited November 2016
    well guys, i did something extreme, i kinda reinstalled w10, i used the option to restart it keeping my files, took over 25 minutes, the hardest part was to install everything again, my surprise is maplestory is working now, so i think maybe what is making us to fail is an old update of w10, like just some people got, because news w10 computers, don't getting that problem, maybe that update already got reverted but something still there, well that is my theory =(