[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game Server Time Changes

Comments

• SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    SUGGESTION 1:
    - Change event and game server time to EST/EST

SUGGESTION 2:
    - Change event and game server time to UTC+1/UTC+1:
  • TashieTashie
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited November 2016
    When will we hear any news regarding this?
    BeamyRay
  • FlowerdewFlowerdew
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited November 2016
    Any possibility to correct my vote? I realized only after having voted for the unified PST time for all that there was the option separately for GMS and EMS servers - and for anyone playing on GMS it would make great sense to keep the times aligned as usual on PST, and for the Europeans on their own server to have European time. By the way, how does it work for Australians whenever there is an event?
  • BeamyRayBeamyRay
    Reactions: 920
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I'm not sure where to vote, as I'm in the UK and getting CET back would mean the day gets cut short by one hour meaning we have to get stuff done by 11pm. UTC is perfect for the european servers as it means midnight here in the UK is midnight in game too and people in central europe get an extra hour on the end of the day to do stuff until 1am. I think the north american servers should get their old times back but PLEASE PLEASE do not give us CET back.
  • GourgeistGourgeist
    Reactions: 510
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    European Server should be UCT, this means everyone in EUROPE will have past midnight by that point.
    I believe if PST worked best for Global servers then it should be returned for them...

As for events I would suggest more lenience, such as events that are every hour run 24 hours instead of 9 to 5 for example.. Everyone has different work hours as well as time zones.. Maybe just add a limit to how many you can participate in a single day? /Shrug.
  • FlowerdewFlowerdew
    edited November 2016
    Gourgeist
    Gourgeist said:

European Server should be UCT, this means everyone in EUROPE will have past midnight by that point.
    I believe if PST worked best for Global servers then it should be returned for them...

As for events I would suggest more lenience, such as events that are every hour run 24 hours instead of 9 to 5 for example.. Everyone has different work hours as well as time zones.. Maybe just add a limit to how many you can participate in a single day? /Shrug.
    Yes to two times specific to GMS and EMS - each its own suiting best the majority of players on those servers.

Oh it would be awesome to have , say, a 4-hours "credit" in form of a visible clock, for example, which we can activate/deactivate (if we take a break but don't log off from MapleStory) for an event like 2xEXP f.ex., and use it whether intermittently throughout 24 hours, or all at once. So be it in case of hindrances varying from network problems, excessive lag, computer accessibility problem (sharing it in the family, f.ex.), or absence during the crucial time, or simply preference for a time upon another, crammed places on Maple, where everyone struggles to find a space on some much loved maps (less an issue now than earlier), a.s.o., we may activate/deactivate at leisure and comfortably use these 4-hours anytime within the 24 hours of an event.

Though, it then begs for adapting in the same way tickets which stack with the event.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    InvalidName

Us loyal GMS players shouldn't be forced to change just so we can accommodate europeans. If Europeans want to play GMS then they should be forced to integrate. This is exactly why Donald Trump won.
    Jesus the entitlement is real with this one. You are right, this is exactly why Donald Trump won, so many Americans are too godammned entitled and he catered to that hard (among other reasons such as his blatant fear mongering and outright lies)
    LilyflowerKylehell007Catooolooo
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited November 2016
    The fact the time zones were randomly changed a week ago without notice and there's still no word from anyone at nexon whether they will adjust them to each server accordingly, like it should have been done in the first place really pisses me off. I'm really getting tired of the lack of communication.
    TashieLilyflowerIts2Sharp4U
  • AramyAramy
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    if is possible put europe and america with diferent server times so to europe should be GMT (UTC) or GMT+1(CET) while on america should be PST i think (think that is GMT-8) for server and envents
    if isnt possible put diferent hours to america and europe is + logical keep UTC since is GMT time wo any changes and adap envents to last all day (like flag race appears each 1h during all day with entries limited daily to avoid abuses, same story to event that happens on x times of day) on x2 exp envent to all be happy if we keep utc we get exp cupons of 4h (or 8 of 30min) that no disapears with a dc while using and stack with a cs cupon or make 2x exp on all day to make all happy. on hot time envent instead of force ppl be on on a x time of server making server crowed and many ppl dc on that moment etc and to avoid conflits of hours make it only require ro login on hot time day to claim the hot time prizes
    this way if any of those 2 idea is implented all become happy and wo excuses to complain of env loss/dailies etc
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    I am going to say this now...my newest issue with reset is that I get super burnt out since I have to do a majority of dailies in the evenings now (as I only have a couple of morning hours)...making the game stressful to play after burning myself out from just finishing dailies before they reset...yeah...I hope something gets done soon. =3=
    WaifuHime
  • TashieTashie
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited November 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

The fact the time zones were randomly changed a week ago without notice and there's still no word from anyone at nexon whether they will adjust them to each server accordingly, like it should have been done in the first place really pisses me off. I'm really getting tired of the lack of communication.
    i second being pissed at the total lack of communication.........they again have us hanging on a string waiting for a response from someone....it's been almost a week and we haven't gotten anywhere sigh
  • svpRsvpR
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2016
    I work a full time job, and i work from 5 AM to 3 PM. With this new server time (UTC) resetting at 2pm my time, 6AM doesnt come until 8 PM. frrom the time i have to sleep and the time i spend at work. i cant do any of the events to get rice coins. UTC is a terrible server time for players in North America.
  • ThanksBaddieThanksBaddie
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2016
    I have to agree with svpR... These time changes are no bueno for NA players.
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited November 2016
    I'm from the EST part of America and its tough question for me to answer.
    Considering Europe has joined GMS alongside with Australia.
    I don't know what timezone i would use that'd be suitable for the "bigger" picture. :o
  • SorrowfulMSorrowfulM
    Reactions: 1,180
    edited November 2016
    The day MapleStory uses EST as its server time... That would be a good day; for the minority of us.
    ThanksBaddieWillowRosenberg
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Put the npcs in timed events just to be there (Yu garden dailies for example), make the event quests available for 24h and not only for certain times, in 2x events make it for 1 full day or 2 full days. There are people with different work schedules, from different countries playing this game doesn't make any sense to have things to happen only at certain hours.
    Aramy
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    update polls so we know what changing a time other than reverting back to old pst would do
    Lilyflower
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,630
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Is there not a way to just keep time zones on the two separate servers, separate?

Keep the Global side as PST, and keep Europe's as CET?

That way it's suitable for all I guess?
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for the changes, Nexon. Now I can't even play thanks to this stupid maintenance, and I'm going to miss my dailies -_-
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    PirateIzzy

Thanks for the changes, Nexon. Now I can't even play thanks to this stupid maintenance, and I'm going to miss my dailies -_-
    Should have done them yesterday?
    "Today" (November 17th) started at 4PM PST yesterday. You had all evening to do your dailies.
    And you'll have all evening today to do November 18th's dailies.
    Regardless of the time used by the server, days are still 24 hours.