[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Let's talk about: Leech

WildNekoWildNeko
Reactions: 1,110
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Remember a few years ago when LHC was the ultimate training spot? There was a lot of fun in those days. I really don't have any problem to let people leech, I even think that the leech is good, for example: your party can take turns while training to take a break, or if one friend lives in another country you can kill mobs while he/she sleeps and vice versa, etc...

That's my opinion, but what do you think?
  1. Do you like leech/leechers?36 votes
    1. Yes
       19% (7 votes)
    2. No
       31% (11 votes)
    3. I don't care
       50% (18 votes)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    It's a null point, really. With Scrapyard and Dark World Tree has come areal hazards. Scrapyard, you have debris falling at a constant rate all across the map, the largest of which will inflict about 25% of your max HP in damage, along with Dynamo mobs(the very same ones from the Lotus boss fight, but sans nasty effects; just touch damage). Dark World Tree you have Corrupted Imps in the lower area, then Dark Demon Eagle Riders in the second, third and fourth levels up. In both areas, Scrapyard and Dark World Tree, they spawn intermittently and start tracking to the nearest player.

I believe that the very concept of leeching is, beyond a certain level, dead. There is no way to safely leech. There is no such thing as a kishin or HS mule in Scrapyard or Dark World Tree. And given how Nexon Korea seems to love implementing a certain mechanic and then propagating the everloving hell out of it(cough cough %HP attacks) throughout the game world, I feel that this will become the norm for any and all new world areas that are added. There will be some form of hazard in the map specifically designed to shaft anyone who goes AFK or tabs out.
    Bahamut_XJettLuvsU
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2016

Aggraphine

It's a null point, really. With Scrapyard and Dark World Tree has come areal hazards. Scrapyard, you have debris falling at a constant rate all across the map, the largest of which will inflict about 25% of your max HP in damage, along with Dynamo mobs(the very same ones from the Lotus boss fight, but sans nasty effects; just touch damage). Dark World Tree you have Corrupted Imps in the lower area, then Dark Demon Eagle Riders in the second, third and fourth levels up. In both areas, Scrapyard and Dark World Tree, they spawn intermittently and start tracking to the nearest player.

I believe that the very concept of leeching is, beyond a certain level, dead. There is no way to safely leech. There is no such thing as a kishin or HS mule in Scrapyard or Dark World Tree. And given how Nexon Korea seems to love implementing a certain mechanic and then propagating the everloving hell out of it(cough cough %HP attacks) throughout the game world, I feel that this will become the norm for any and all new world areas that are added. There will be some form of hazard in the map specifically designed to shaft anyone who goes AFK or tabs out.

I bring a kanna and hs mule to URS. You just need to remember that the bird spawns every 5 minutes on the dot and to go down to your mules to defend them.
    That may be doable, yes, but in Scrapyard that's wholly impossible because of the falling debris. It remains to be seen what Arcane River and beyond will bring as far as map hazards.
  • WildNekoWildNeko
    Reactions: 1,110
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

Aggraphine

I bring a kanna and hs mule to URS. You just need to remember that the bird spawns every 5 minutes on the dot and to go down to your mules to defend them.
    That may be doable, yes, but in Scrapyard that's wholly impossible because of the falling debris. It remains to be seen what Arcane River and beyond will bring as far as map hazards.

That's true for almost all maps of Scrapyard, but there are 2 or 3 in which the falling debris are not present and you can have a HS & Kanna mule. If you only have a HS mule you will be getting about the same EXP as if you were training in the high lvl maps without HS, but if you have a Kanna too, you will be gettting EXP more efficiently in my opinion.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    If someone wants to leech its on them, I don't really care. I do mind when they leech to a high level and then parade around like they earned it though (especially if they leeched off botters). That's just pathetic
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Do you deserve to have your rank if you simply leech your way to lv.250?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2016
    Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

Since leeching gives less exp than if you were to do the killing yourself, and with how long it takes to get to 250 normally, then yeah I'd say you deserve the rank. If for no other reason than you successfully hit the level cap with an absolutely minimal amount of personal effort.
    JettLuvsU
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

No, you don't. Especially because its far easier to AFK leech than it is to AFK train, and most of those people do that. I have 0 respect for anyone that leeches to 250, 0.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited November 2016
    I don't really care about leechers, but only if it's occasional leeching.
    Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

I don't really care about leechers, but only if it's occasional leeching.
    However, I don't think whoever leeched their way to 250 deserves the rank, tbh.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016
    Honestly, the prestige of level rank is lost on me. I thought that people cared more for the mesos you have or how hard you hit. God forbid that we judge by people's character