[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Welcome to the new forums!

Comments

• pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited September 2016
    Perceptivity

pommepouffe

Niightseeker

Yay, shiny new forums! They look nice, and hopefully they'll work a lot better than the old ones.

No uploading custom avatars, though? A shame, I like doodling stuff to use as an icon.
    As the owner of ugly Mihile's avatar, I'd love to trade with you.

Fingers crossed for custom ones soon!
    Go into edit profile and you can assign a new avatar (pick a new one from a few selected ones(default))

Omg i see it thank you!!
    ImNotaDuck
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I can't get in on my main computer (Windows 10), but I can on this old Windows 7. So maybe you're not rid of me quite yet.

I'm really looking forward to custom avatars.

I already see that these forums, like the "new" website, suffer from an overabundance of white space. Heaven forbid there be more than one line of text on one's screen at once.

I also find it very amusing that all Nexon staff are considered "Developers".
    I guess next time there's a bug and people clamor for Michael to solve it, we can't use the "He's a CM, not a programmer" line anymore. A dev is a dev, right?
    ImNotaDuckLilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2016
    this forum is one of the best!.
    ImNotaDuck
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited September 2016
    Btw Michael the link in the opening topic to full list of code of conduct doesn't work :o
    ImNotaDuck
  • LevvennaLevvenna
    Reactions: 630
    edited September 2016
    Bloody marvelous!
    ImNotaDuck
  • itamardolitamardol
    Reactions: 510
    edited September 2016
    hey, thats pretty goodimage
    ImNotaDuck
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited September 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

I can't get in on my main computer (Windows 10), but I can on this old Windows 7. So maybe you're not rid of me quite yet.

I already see that these forums, like the "new" website, suffer from an overabundance of white space. Heaven forbid there be more than one line of text on one's screen at once.

I also find it very amusing that all Nexon staff are considered "Developers".
    I guess next time there's a bug and people clamor for Michael to solve it, we can't use the "He's a CM, not a programmer" line anymore. A dev is a dev, right?
    Glad to see you got it to work! We're still looking into the source of the login issues. Hopefully, we can resolve them soon.

I appreciate the feedback on the new layout.

Also - Hey now. I'm totally a dev. :^)

ImNotaDuck
  • SkyTheDestroyerSkyTheDestroyer
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited September 2016
    Pizzaman
    Pizzaman said:

congratulations on the new forums! Looking around you've fixed many things, I wonder what the mobile view is like :)
    It's pretty good. Much, much better than no mobile view. Though there seems to be random white space after some post's text.

Looking forward to custom avatars.

There isn't the stock RED Bowmaster in the selection of default avatars, though. The RED Warrior, Mage, Thief, and Pirate avatars are there, just not Bowman: http://i.imgur.com/x7bes6a.png

Also, there's two Mihile avatars. (Old and new art)
    ImNotaDuckPizzaman
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited September 2016
    Loving it so far. I just don't like how it says "EDITED" on the top of posts even if that's the original post time and not an edit.
    ImNotaDuck
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Could we have a preview tooltip like the old forums had, when hovering over a thread title?

I hate the reddit-style clickbait titles with no hint of what's inside the post.
    Lilyflower
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    edited September 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Could we have a preview tooltip like the old forums had, when hovering over a thread title?

I hate the reddit-style clickbait titles with no hint of what's inside the post.
    That's a good request. I'll forward that along. :)

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    And another feature I miss from the old forums: show who started a thread, and when. Not just who the last poster is.
    Lilyflower
  • InvestigatorInvestigator
    Reactions: 200
    edited September 2016
    Thanks ^^
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    edited September 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

And another feature I miss from the old forums: show who started a thread, and when. Not just who the last poster is.
    You mean liiiiike this?

• YuniorYunior
    Reactions: 1,575
    edited September 2016
    Looking for custom crossbowman avatar
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

AKradian
    AKradian said:

You mean liiiiike this?

It's not showing me that column.

Edit: oh ffs, I have to maximize the browser window to see it?
    Sorry, but that's really bad design. The title should be shortened if the window is too narrow, instead of hiding entire columns.
    Lilyflower
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited September 2016
    *Wild Invulgo appears*

Stunning new forum, woop woop!
    PizzamanLilyflower
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    Niightseeker

Yay, shiny new forums! They look nice, and hopefully they'll work a lot better than the old ones.

No uploading custom avatars, though? A shame, I like doodling stuff to use as an icon.
    we'll probably get it soon, i hope x.x.
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    edited September 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Edit: oh ffs, I have to maximize the browser window to see it?
    Sorry, but that's really bad design. The title should be shortened if the window is too narrow, instead of hiding entire columns.
    That's definitely something I'll bring up. Good find!

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I also dislike this entire badge system. Makes me feel like a kindergartener getting stickers for the most trivial of "achievements."
    And the notifications... I get a notification about a Like but I can't get a notification about a reply? Somebody seems to have their priorities backwards.
    Or maybe it's because we can't reply to specific posts but only to the thread? But if that's the case, why can't I have a notification when I get quoted?

And there's a search bar, but no "advanced search".

The whole thing feels more like a toy than a discussion tool.
    Maybe I'm the one who has their priorities backwards, and this is intended as a form of entertainment and "community building" rather than something with meaningful content.

Maybe it will grow on me.
    And maybe I'll continue to hate it even a year down the line, as I still dislike the "new" website.
    For now I should probably go to sleep to stop souring the celebratory mood.
    PizzamanLilyflower