[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Elite Boss Disconnection

XCaedisXXCaedisX
Reactions: 755
edited November 2016 in Bug Reporting
I searched "Elite Boss" and couldn't find anything, so while I feel like this has already been posted before, I'm gonna post my experience.

I was disconnected shortly after an Elite boss spawned yesterday, at Riena Strait - Glacier Melting Camp. It also spawned two Elite Mobs. I attempted to log back in on the same channel but was just about immediately disconnected again. I suspect the animation of the elites overwhelmed something and forced me out of the game. My computer can run Guild Wars 2 at fairly high graphics without any lag, so I don't believe it's the fault of my computer. May be worth noting that though an Elite Boss and Elite mobs also spawned for me in one of the swamp maps(which is much larger), I was not disconnected there, so likely it was due to the density of all the mobs and Elites, or perhaps it was this specific map? Just my suspicions, but I thought I'd post this as a bug since I don't think my computer is to blame.

Character name: ArcherCross
Level: 50-something at the time
Job: Wildhunter
World: Reboot
Not sure on the exact time, just know that it was sometime last night. Timezone is GMT - 5, or EST.

Comments

• MayetalaMayetala
    Reactions: 1,520
    edited November 2016
    This used to happen to me quite often whenever I would train my main in Scrapyard, but (knock on wood) it hasn't for a while. From what I've been able to gather, I think it has something to do with the elite boss using a push or pull skill on you whenever you're standing near the edge of a platform. That's just a shot in the dark, though. I've been staying on platforms with ground on both sides of me whenever they spawn and it's gone down a lot less.
  • XCaedisXXCaedisX
    Reactions: 755
    edited November 2016
    Hm, I haven't been looking for things like that, so it could be. It actually just happened to me again while I was leveling a canoneer for the link skill. Elite boss spawned with two elite monsters, I was able to fight for about a minute, then I got disconnected. I logged into a different channel this time before changing back to the one the elite was on, and again I was able to fight for awhile. A few minutes this time. Only, this time when it kicked me out, the whole game crashed. Didn't put me back at the server select screen, no "maplestory.exe is not responding," the whole thing just froze, then closed a moment later without any warning.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Bug type: Functionality

Brief bug summary: When I spawned an Elite Boss at "Lachelein Ballroom: Occupied Dance Floor 2" I got disconnected to the log-in screen right after a few seconds. After I re-logged in someone had already managed to kill the Elite Boss.

This is not the first instance this has happened to me for Elite Bosses, nor do I know the proper methods to reproduce this bug.

Character name: Its2Sharp4U
    Character level: 220
    Character job: Blade Master
    World name: Scania
    Date and time of the incident: January 6th, 2017 @ 9:55 PM EST
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited June 2017
    Bug type: Functionality, Monster, Quest, Event

Brief bug summary: When I spawned an Elite Boss at "Extinction Zone: Rock Zone" I got disconnected to the log-in screen right after a few seconds. After I re-logged in I managed to kill the Elite Boss before disconnecting again. This was my 2nd Elite Boss I had fought and defeated today. Not too sure if the matters but I fought Charming Evasive Crazy Mage Kariaine.

This is not the first instance this has happened to me for Elite Bosses, nor do I know the proper methods to reproduce this bug. However it may be able to be re-produced by hunting Elite Bosses while the Hunt Faster Event is in effect.

Character level: 223
    Date and time of the incident: June 13th, 2017 @ 10:18 PM EDT
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited June 2017
    Bug type: Functionality, Monster, Disconnection.

Brief bug summary:
    Since this has yet to be forwarded I'm willing to make a few assumptions that may cause Elite Boss Disconnection:
    • Hunt Faster Event being active.
    • Flying Monsters in training areas that can attack through dark sight.
    • Prefix of the said Elite Boss.

I spawned an Elite Boss at "Lachelein Night Market: Chicken Festival 2". This was my 1st Elite Boss of the day.

Not too sure if the matters but I fought Sticky Invincible Black Knight Mokadin.

What does matter is if the condition is correct, the player will disconnect back to world select. Re-logging into the same Elite Boss will have a chance to disconnect the player again.

Character level: 225
    Date and time of the incident: June 20th, 2017 @ 1:15 AM EDT