[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Remove Rune of Might and change it to Drop Rate %

genji123genji123
Reactions: 1,120
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Rune of Might is useless. And for people training 99% will prematurely cancel the buff because it'll slow down your training by few-fold. I'd rather have a buff that gives 2x drop rate for 30 seconds.

Comments

• IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    The rune of might really help new characters, i don't think they would change it...the one that give you a ship might be more worth to removed, but i hardly doubt would be drop rate to be a new Rune buff, it doesn't really help in trainning, and it would problably vanish out the buff after leaving the map.
    Lilyflower
  • LilyPandaLilyPanda
    Reactions: 1,110
    edited November 2016
    Disagree.. it helps low levels (120-) who barely are able to hit monsters properly (atleast in most cases). if anything. remove the recovery 1 as all it does is heal you over time or something along those lines (not 100% sure on that, but never found a good use for it).
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

the one that give you a ship might be more worth to removed
    They already removed Rune of Barrage.
    MegaScienceIvangoldLeeTbeats
  • DeckiatvDeckiatv
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited November 2016
    I actully like rune of might in reboot(its such a pain to boost your range), you can gain from early levels, 50% of your level quite easily.its better than the heal rune in most occasions. darkness rune is my favorite)
  • ASoggyRatASoggyRat
    Reactions: 740
    edited November 2016
    LilyPanda
    LilyPanda said:

Disagree.. it helps low levels (120-) who barely are able to hit monsters properly (atleast in most cases). if anything. remove the recovery 1 as all it does is heal you over time or something along those lines (not 100% sure on that, but never found a good use for it).
    "Rune of Recovery: Recovers 10% of your Max HP every second, and gives 20% Status Resistance" - from OdysseyTwo's Runes Guide

I'd agree with this. I like the rune of might sometimes while levelling lower level characters, especially ones that don't have huge aoe skills or quick mobbing at 2nd/3rd job, but I can't think of a time I've actually taken a recovery rune, unless I had a sudden mission to activate a rune and it was the first I've found. I usually just ignore recovery runes to wait to find something better. I'd be in favour of replacing recovery with something else, but I quite like the rune of might.

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    I only activate runes for the exp boost that you get, I don't really care about the rune effects themselves. And rune of might is hella fun
    Lilyflower
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

I only activate runes for the exp boost that you get, I don't really care about the rune effects themselves. And rune of might is hella fun
    It's like a free, occasional giant potion. Run around goomba-stomping crap. Though I strongly advise against jumping into a mess of every single Upper Skyline mob with a killcount quest going. You'll kill the Modded Deliveroids no problem, but the five little robot dudes each of them spawn will more than likely get you booted off the game.

Fun times!
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    i agree, but becoming a very fat pinkbean makes me happy inside!
    Lilyflower
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    ??? It lets you instant kill normal enemies that will normally take multiple hits, this is especially useful in Reboot where most monsters take quite a bit of damage to kill.
  • LeeTbeatsLeeTbeats
    Reactions: 1,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I like it it's fun.

I don't like rune of fortune. I don't like to grab useless falling items out of the sky while I'm trying to train.
    Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    My fav rune is rune of might I like when stomping the monsters lol my dislike is rune of fortune not worth it.
  • ASoggyRatASoggyRat
    edited November 2016
    Rune of Fortune has helped me a little while levelling in reboot. Most of the items aren't hugely useful, but I still find it fun to grab as much as possible anyway. It's the natural looting instincts :D
  • genji123genji123
    edited November 2016
    ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

??? It lets you instant kill normal enemies that will normally take multiple hits, this is especially useful in Reboot where most monsters take quite a bit of damage to kill.
    You can't use skills while Giant mode and lose a lot of mobility. Even if you can't kill monsters in one shot you will farm faster without being Giant mode.

May depend on Reboot depending on your funding*
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    That makes literally no sense, the mobs need to be really far apart on whatever map you're on for that to hinder your xp gain. (At which point why are you training there).

Plus it depends on your class, quite a few classes attack range is the exact same size as the stomp's effect, so it cannot make it slower to clear the map.
  • genji123genji123
    edited November 2016
    Rofl. If i have time maybe i'll screenshot the Battle Analysis System and show you that i will kill the monsters at Left Stem with Kishin and get 2-3x less exp during the 30 seconds as Giant mode. And this is with a 200 Aran with 1.7mil range.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    genji123
    genji123 said:

Rofl. If i have time maybe i'll screenshot the Battle Analysis System and show you that i will kill the monsters at Left Stem with Kishin and get 2-3x less exp during the 30 seconds as Giant mode. And this is with a 200 Aran with 1.7mil range.
    If you get less exp when using it then don't use it? A lot of players seem to enjoy that rune, so I don't see a point in removing it. Especially since you are the only one who seems to have a problem with it
    LilyflowerYonax
  • genji123genji123
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

If you get less exp when using it then don't use it? A lot of players seem to enjoy that rune, so I don't see a point in removing it. Especially since you are the only one who seems to have a problem with it
    People enjoying RoM is subjective, not that this matters since it's a simple suggestion in a forum of about 2 dozen active people out of tens of thousands of the monthly concurrent GMS playerbase.

If you have a brain you'd know that you get less exp during Giant mode, unlike what the above guy says, that it literally makes no sense that you get less exp. Most people who train will immediately cancel the Giant buff because every rune gives a 2min exp buff. Some people might say Rune of Recovery is useless, but there's really no point canceling the buff because it's just there even if you don't benefit much from it.

The Giant buff is counter intuitive for grinders and moreso for great mobbing classes.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    genji123
    genji123 said:

Most people who train will immediately cancel the Giant buff because every rune gives a 2min exp buff.
    Umm, you can't right click to cancel rune buffs anymore.
    You can no longer right click the Rune experience buff to remove it.
    This change was implemented in the Strange Stories Patch which included changes from KMS's 13th Anniversary, but because of the "Condensed" plan that Nexon proclaimed, the Patch Notes didn't mention this change.

Also, the rune exp buff has a base duration of 3 minutes, and having Evan's Link Skill will increase the duration.
  • ASoggyRatASoggyRat
    edited November 2016
    It's worth mentioning that runes are of course optional. If there are some you don't want to use, simply don't use them. Yes, I'm aware this means that if one you don't like spawns on your map that you're grinding on, it's taking the place of other good potential runes, but then you have to make a decision on whether or not you're going to take it to free up the "rune spawn" for that map. These things can be pretty polarising, some players are going to hate some of them, and love others, and everyone will have different preferences.
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited November 2016
    Rune of Might is really useful for training lower level characters. I don't agree with this suggestion.
    Yonax