[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

HACKRES

SpaceKittysSpaceKittys
Reactions: 300
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Thats it. Channel 1. Herb town/mu lung area. a hacker in EVERY channel.
There are so many, I cant report them all!
They spwaned 2 elites in one minute.
something really needs to be done about this.

Comments

• PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited November 2016
    You can add upper left and right stem to that list, actually just add most of Destroyed world tree to the list.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Most of the Black Heaven is also a part of this list...and NH on Reboot :T
    Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    The time has come for us legit to do something about this situation but one thing I'm about to say is what we're gonna if there's so many botters,hackers :/! reporting them won't do since there is to many of them.
    BIackbean
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Lilyflower

The time has come for us legit to do something about this situation but one thing I'm about to say is what we're gonna if there's so many botters,hackers :/! reporting them won't do since there is to many of them.
    And what are you going to do, exactly? Demand that Nexon "finally" ban them while remaining woefully oblivious(by choice or otherwise) of the fact that they ban at least ten thousand bot accounts per week?

There's really nothing that normal players, or even GMs for that matter, can do to stem the flow of bots. What needs to be done is look at a selection of the gold-farming bot accounts, see what email service they all use, then restrict the email services with which you're allowed to sign up for an account accordingly while also adding an extra layer or two of verification to the account creation process because as of right now, this is the only information required to create an account.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

Lilyflower

And what are you going to do, exactly? Demand that Nexon "finally" ban them while remaining woefully oblivious(by choice or otherwise) of the fact that they ban at least ten thousand bot accounts per week?

There's really nothing that normal players, or even GMs for that matter, can do to stem the flow of bots. What needs to be done is look at a selection of the gold-farming bot accounts, see what email service they all use, then restrict the email services with which you're allowed to sign up for an account accordingly while also adding an extra layer or two of verification to the account creation process because as of right now, this is the only information required to create an account.
    What nexon should do is in order not making lots of accounts for example GRSN=global registration security number when creating an account a phone number must be aquired in order to create an account also when saying there is no way to stop for hackers and bots there is many ways to stop them I'm not expert at this just a note.

BIackbean
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2016
    Lilyflower

Aggraphine

Lilyflower

What nexon should do is in order not making lots of accounts for example GRSN=global registration security number when creating an account a phone number must be aquired in order to create an account also when saying there is no way to stop for hackers and bots there is many ways to stop them I'm not expert at this just a note.

What about the people who don't have an SMS-capable phone to sign up with? And GRSN requires a $100 non-refundable fee when you're submitting your application for one.

So basically what you're saying is that if you don't have a cell phone or $100 to spend on something that is only available to citizens of the US, US lawful permanent residents Colombia, the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Panama, Singapore, South Korea or Mexican nationals, then you're not allowed to create an account?

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not going to work, bud.

Citations:
    $100 non-refundable application fee

Eligibility requirements
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

Lilyflower

Aggraphine

Lilyflower

What about the people who don't have an SMS-capable phone to sign up with? And GRSN requires a $100 non-refundable fee when you're submitting your application for one.

So basically what you're saying is that if you don't have a cell phone or $100 to spend on something that is only available to citizens of the US, US lawful permanent residents Colombia, the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Panama, Singapore, South Korea or Mexican nationals, then you're not allowed to create an account?

Citations:

Eligibility requirements
    what is your plan then tell me in above the post I don't think it's a good idea http://m.imgur.com/ZgyZa0I.

BIackbean
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2016
    Lilyflower

Aggraphine

Lilyflower

Aggraphine

Lilyflower

Citations:

Eligibility requirements
    what is your plan then tell me in above the post I don't think it's a good idea http://m.imgur.com/ZgyZa0I.

Putting free-to-play games behind what is essentially a paywall flies in the face of having them even be free to play. If you're going to require a GRSN, which as I said before costs $100 just to apply for one, then you may as well just have a straight-up subscription fee for the game. Both will be just as effective at stopping bots as they are at players who can't afford it or live outside of the eligible regions(which is half of Europe, btw).
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited November 2016
    Or they can hire me as a GM and I can just ban everyone I see botting.
    No white screen nonsense, I just ban right away. Just put on my cloak of invisibility so they don't see me, and if they're macro'ing and teleporting all over the place, BOOM! BANHAMMER.

I accept NX-only payment.
    GambyThe4th
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

No white screen nonsense, I just ban right away. Just put on my cloak of invisibility so they don't see me, and if they're macro'ing and teleporting all over the place, BOOM! BANHAMMER.

Id work for cookies...or NX...honestly I would just like to see the game better...I even have a resume...Please just hear me out Nexon D:
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

Maryse
    Maryse said:

Id work for cookies...or NX...honestly I would just like to see the game better...I even have a resume...Please just hear me out Nexon D:
    You'd definitely have to go through some kind of interview thing though.
    They just can't "hire" anyone like that to be player-GMs, 'cause that's a lot of responsibility. But on the plus side, they wouldn't have to actually pay us or just give a monthly NX allowance. That would be great, tbh. It would need to be taken seriously like a real job though.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Petalmagic

Maryse
    Maryse said:

You'd definitely have to go through some kind of interview thing though.
    They just can't "hire" anyone like that to be player-GMs, 'cause that's a lot of responsibility. But on the plus side, they wouldn't have to actually pay us or just give a monthly NX allowance. That would be great, tbh. It would need to be taken seriously like a real job though.
    Which I would...like seriously...I just want to see the game get better.
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

Get on it Nexon!
    I'm sure there's a lot of people that would be willing to do this.
    But treat it as an actual job!
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Petalmagic

Get on it Nexon!
    I'm sure there's a lot of people that would be willing to do this.
    But treat it as an actual job!
    Yes! Some of us players want to see this game succeed! and would gladly run aroudn taking out botters...especially since some of us know where most of them like to hang out.
  • PeepPeep
    edited November 2016
    Our Cm made a post somewhere on how to become a GM but I think most people here don't want all that support responsibility. Most know where the botters and hackers are and just want to deal with them and file whatever report is needed.

I don't know if they're doing 10k a week anymore because I see the same people day after day. It shouldn't take more than a day to investigate someone who bots or hacks all day. You can even check the ranks if you can't be bothered going out and looking yourself. There are level 231 goldfarmers. How does that even happen? Those guys are the same guys who hit 210 at Scrapyard and are now at Destroyed world tree. That's a long period in which they got left alone without a ban. So 10k a week...? I don't think so.
    Lilyflowerdeadend5193
  • liljayyyyliljayyyy
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited November 2016
    Where are dem GMs @ ?
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited November 2016
    Peep
    Peep said:

Our Cm made a post somewhere on how to become a GM but I think most people here don't want all that support responsibility. Most know where the botters and hackers are and just want to deal with them and file whatever report is needed.
    Thing is, most of us can't become GMs because we're either not in the US or not in the State of California. But we'd still like to help and there's no way for us to do that, so that's why I'm suggesting this "at-home" GM thing where it's like a job but also like volunteering. Seems like the current GMs are way too easy on the current botters.
  • PeepPeep
    edited November 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Peep
    Peep said:

Thing is, most of us can't become GMs because we're either not in the US or not in the State of California. But we'd still like to help and there's no way for us to do that, so that's why I'm suggesting this "at-home" GM thing where it's like a job but also like volunteering. Seems like the current GMs are way too easy on the current botters.
    Yeah I understand. I think a lot of people want that at-home GM thing but they have very little control over what people may decide to do with the power. We saw what happened with the Maple Council. There wasn't even much responsibility there and even then people still broke the NDA.

It's because of stuff like that people can't be trusted. I would like them to bring back lie detectors though with perhaps more restrictions on them so people can't abuse them.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    Peep
    Peep said:

I don't know if they're doing 10k a week anymore because I see the same people day after day. It shouldn't take more than a day to investigate someone who bots or hacks all day. You can even check the ranks if you can't be bothered going out and looking yourself. There are level 231 goldfarmers. How does that even happen? Those guys are the same guys who hit 210 at Scrapyard and are now at Destroyed world tree. That's a long period in which they got left alone without a ban. So 10k a week...? I don't think so.
    it's more than a week and whenever I check the rankings their still there without a ban.

BIackbean