[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game wont open

KeitaroBKeitaroB
Reactions: 410
edited November 2016 in Tech Support
On steam and from game launcher when I try to start maplestory, nexon game security appears on the bottom left of my screen but that's it. In task manager i can see the game opens but it goes away after about 30 seconds. Ive looked for answers everywhere online and no solution has worked. Ive tried launching from game launcher, and ive tried changing compatibility. Please help im on win10.
Dr_Turtles05

Comments

• AerieaAeriea
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    Me too, I'm also on windows 10 and I'm experiencing the same problem right now. :(
  • Dr_Turtles05Dr_Turtles05
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2016
    I guess I am not the only I have this problem for 6 or 5 days and I have asked for help 3 days ago nothing really happened.. Come on guys I am kinda getting tired of waiting here... Sorry for being a jerk but I want to play the game so badly.
  • TaoSinTaoSin
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2016
    Same issue guys. PM me if anyone fix this
  • FritinhoFritinho
    edited November 2016
    Same in here, PM ME if fixed.
  • VHTranVHTran
    edited November 2016
    same problem, have tried everything, no luck so far... GM please help..
  • Dr_Turtles05Dr_Turtles05
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2016
    Please halp ussss
    Fritinho
  • TAKaiserTAKaiser
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    I do believe this is a launcher problem OR internet Access from the Launcher problem - Nothing to do with your PC's. There was a forum post somewhere about this about week ago.

People are having alot of problems getting their games to load FROM the Launcher at the moment (not sure about the Steam Launcher though)
    Some people have worked it out to be something with their internet Connection. The Launcher requires no Connection but running the game does and people do believe its to do with the Game not being able to connect with the internet problem and decides to close.

Like the old game used to if you ever lost connection, it would just instantly close with no message.
    Sending a ticket might not help either because so many people are sending tickets on problems like these when Nexon have already Addressed that they're fixing it so having to answer 1000's of tickets all the same, might take them a while.

Just sit back and wait i guess.
  • ExcellDemonExcellDemon
    Reactions: 200
    edited August 2017
    They should **** go back to older version **** nexon launcher
  • nosbleednosbleed
    Reactions: 200
    edited August 2017
    how long should we wait for this solution
  • SonyxSonyx
    edited August 2017
    i have the same problem and a lot of people have too, but the stupids adminds can't answer about nothing i delete the game and i go to play path of exile is a better game and is not pay 2 to win like this game
  • MascaradeMascarade
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited September 2017
    I cant play either after days of trying to fix it and re-downloading the game two times it still does not work, the only thing that happen when I click play at the launcher is it says "currently in game" then it goes right back to the orange play button, it does this over and over , there is no fix for some of us , they know this launcher is crap yet we still have it. I'm so fed up with trying to get it to work.