[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Maple server in Israel

ArnoldinyoArnoldinyo
Reactions: 400
edited September 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello to all Maplers/Admins/Gamemasters!
I'm Arnold , 22 from Israel.
playing Maplestory for 11 years already, i love this game a lot especially the lower versions v62-v17 , my idea is simple , working as Java programmer and know maple programming perfect(every each detail, program npcs to every detail inside the client side/server side), i wanna open a mapleGlobal server in Israel like they did with Taiwan/Europe , same in israel we have like 5-10k people who would like to play it from version 001 , i can manage it and do w.e need i just need the right files and permission from Nexon/real files and we have a contract i just wanna ask the community what do u think?
it can work perfectly , the maple unfortunately is dying right now, and a good server in Israel can make it alive again , i have like 100-150 friend who will play 100%, and the private server people are opening today so disgusting in my opinon = original is the best.
  1. Are you in to open a new Maplestory server in Israel?4 votes
    1. Yes sure , sounds like a great idea and i'll play it 24/7!
       75% (3 votes)
    2. Not for me, but hope nexon will approve it!
       25% (1 vote)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    What
    FawnMaryse
  • ArnoldinyoArnoldinyo
    edited September 2016
    Aggraphine

What
    what what?
    i want to open a real server in Israel and want Nexon assist in this one.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    Not gonna happen, chief.

They tried to have an east coast server here in the US, and that went about as well as can be assumed by it being merged with five other west-coast servers. And you think they'll expend the resources necessary to start up a physical server in Israel?
  • ArnoldinyoArnoldinyo
    edited September 2016
    Aggraphine

Not gonna happen, chief.

They tried to have an east coast server here in the US, and that went about as well as can be assumed by it being merged with five other west-coast servers. And you think they'll expend the resources necessary to start up a physical server in Israel?
    Yes sure chief , in Israel there is the most people who playing this game in the world we are 8 Million people over 50,000 people playing this game these days...
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    if you're dead serious about being a publisher for a maplestory version in israel you'd need to approach them in person/over a skype call + you'd need to show that you have the team and resources to support such a server, there a lot more too it legally as well. Just putting a post on their forums is nowhere even near the correct way to attempt to get the rights to publish a version of their game.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    There aren't enough people playing MapleStory in all of Europe to justify having a separate MapleStory service there. That's why they're migrating EMS to GMS.
    And you really think there are enough people in tiny Israel to support a server with a different version and update schedule?
  • ArnoldinyoArnoldinyo
    edited September 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

if you're dead serious about being a publisher for a maplestory version in israel you'd need to approach them in person/over a skype call + you'd need to show that you have the team and resources to support such a server, there a lot more too it legally as well. Just putting a post on their forums is nowhere even near the correct way to attempt to get the rights to publish a version of their game.
    i talked with one of their Gamemasters , i wanna talk to a serious admin at Skype , i need him to catch me first...
    i really serious in this.

• ArnoldinyoArnoldinyo
    edited September 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

There aren't enough people playing MapleStory in all of Europe to justify having a separate MapleStory service there. That's why they're migrating EMS to GMS.
    And you really think there are enough people in tiny Israel to support a server with a different version and update schedule?
    yes i can do perfectly especially when it will be v001 , i just need the permission/real files/server from nexon i take care the rest.
  • ArnoldinyoArnoldinyo
    edited September 2016
    i just want you to help me reach to the real administartor/ thier skype to get it come online , i know to program and i can make it so real.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Arnoldinyo

bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

i talked with one of their Gamemasters , i wanna talk to a serious admin at Skype , i need him to catch me first...

Yeah, no, that's not how it works.
    Talking to a GM about being a publisher for MapleStory is like talking to the cashier at your local supermarket about opening a new branch in another town.
    First of all, you need to be talking to Nexon Korea, not Nexon America.
    Second of all, you need to talk to the business relations department, not the admin of a game.
    Third, you don't chat on skype, you submit a business proposal. For example, how much are you willing to pay for the publishing rights of MapleStory in Israel?

I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.
    You just want Nexon to help you make your private server.

One more thing: I think most Israeli MapleStory players will not want you to make this server.
    Because if you get the rights to publish MapleStory in Israel, it means Israelis will no longer be able to make new accounts on GMS, and play it normally. And there are many who don't want to start over from version 0.001.
  • ArnoldinyoArnoldinyo
    edited September 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Arnoldinyo

bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

Yeah, no, that's not how it works.
    Talking to a GM about being a publisher for MapleStory is like talking to the cashier at your local supermarket about opening a new branch in another town.
    First of all, you need to be talking to Nexon Korea, not Nexon America.
    Second of all, you need to talk to the business relations department, not the admin of a game.
    Third, you don't chat on skype, you submit a business proposal. For example, how much are you willing to pay for the publishing rights of MapleStory in Israel?

I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.
    You just want Nexon to help you make your private server.

One more thing: I think most Israeli MapleStory players will not want you to make this server.
    Because if you get the rights to publish MapleStory in Israel, it means Israelis will no longer be able to make new accounts on GMS, and play it normally. And there are many who don't want to start over from version 0.001.
    thanks for helping , but save yourself negative talking , i gonna do it , just waiting to someone srs who can help me here , its not gonna be private server , gonna be online big server waiting for a real people to answer.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Arnoldinyo

thanks for helping , but save yourself negative talking , i gonna do it , just waiting to someone srs who can help me here , its not gonna be private server , gonna be online big server waiting for a real people to answer.
    And I repeat: you need to talk to Nexon Korea, since they own the rights to MapleStory.
    Nexon America only have the right to publish it in certain parts of the world, but they can't sell the license to another company.
  • DalethDaleth
    Reactions: 1,855
    edited September 2016
    I would be super sad if Israel got split off! some of my best in game buddies are from there!
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited September 2016
    Arnoldinyo

good luck with that dream, come tell us how that works out in a few months.
  • DalethDaleth
    Reactions: 1,855
    edited September 2016
    also, your poll does not leave a option I desire to choose.
  • ArnoldinyoArnoldinyo
    edited September 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Arnoldinyo

And I repeat: you need to talk to Nexon Korea, since they own the rights to MapleStory.
    Nexon America only have the right to publish it in certain parts of the world, but they can't sell the license to another company.
    you have any idea who i need talk to / thier email / skype forum section / website?
    i don't accualy know who need to talk to gm told me to post it here.
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Regional versions are not produced simply to be separate from other regions. They come about due to easing production (less to manage), timing activity (production, maintenance, events, etc.), cultural differences to be accounted for (MapleStory Europe has alcohol-based events, whereas in the West these would be seen negatively for a game aimed at younger audiences), and so on. Furthermore, it is an immense undertaking to produce and manage a region of MapleStory. You would be subject to other regional branches and have to prove your existence is justified. As others have mentioned, regional versions isolate the players of that region to that regional version. This means the creation of your proposed server would prevent future players from joining players of the same region who have established themselves in the previously available regional version.

The above difficulties should be considered thoroughly before making such proposals. As it stands, proposals should not be taken to the public forum. If you are still confident to make the attempt, I will point you to Business Development's email. They can more appropriately outline the understanding required for this sort of endeavor.
    InvulgoNiightseekerCatoooloooAggraphineKThxBaiNaoKerqxon
This discussion has been closed.