[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Character slots

AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
Reactions: 1,315
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Where can you find the amount of character slots you can have on a server/world? Does anyone know? I know it's at least 40, but I don't want to buy a character expansion if I can't expand it past 40.

Comments

• KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited November 2016
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/11782/updated-cash-shop-specials-6-22-6-28

To celebrate the re-release of Zero, character slot expansions are discounted for a limited time! Each coupon increases the character creation slot by 1. With the new update, your account may now hold a maximum of 40 character slots per server world.
    AkihikoT_
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited November 2016
    Thank you. Dang I was hoping to get over 40 characters already. Why have a character limit lower than how many classes there are.
    Vimi
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited November 2016
    I doubt this will be seen by someone who can do anything, or give an answer from Nexon, but why is there a 40 character limit even? It can't be too hard on the servers since you can only use one at a time and it'd get Nexon more money from people like me who want to have every class and then a mule or two.
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    you can use that to your advantage, it is 40 per world so the alliances do have more slots in them then Scania, Bera, Windia and Luna. Broa/Khaini has 80 slots, MYBCKN should have 240 as should GRAZED.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited November 2016
    In the Alliance servers you have to have character cards in each world still don't you? There was a glitch that let you use the character cards of another world, but I think they've fixed that, so that'd be at least 6 of the same characters you have in other worlds for the character cards.
    such has having to make a Zero in every world, having a Mercedes to at least 120 for the link skill, Kaiser if you're wanting a warrior, Angelic Buster if you're wanting a thief, and lumi along with kinesis for an int based class. Hayato and Shade for crit damage, and then bowmaster for crit chance.
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

In the Alliance servers you have to have character cards in each world still don't you? There was a glitch that let you use the character cards of another world, but I think they've fixed that, so that'd be at least 6 of the same characters you have in other worlds for the character cards.
    such has having to make a Zero in every world, having a Mercedes to at least 120 for the link skill, Kaiser if you're wanting a warrior, Angelic Buster if you're wanting a thief, and lumi along with kinesis for an int based class. Hayato and Shade for crit damage, and then bowmaster for crit chance.
    give it time, KMS will probably make another +8 expansion if they release another class. That's how we got up to 40 slots, with the release of Zero, Xenon, phnatom, etc.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited November 2016
    Xenon92
    Xenon92 said:

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

give it time, KMS will probably make another +8 expansion if they release another class. That's how we got up to 40 slots, with the release of Zero, Xenon, phnatom, etc.
    It just sucks because I'm gonna miss out on all of the free character slots with these events. I've bought all them on one of the servers, then got lucky with being able to buy with mesos in reboot.
    I've only spent money on character slots and permanent pets, other than that I find it a bit of a waste personally.
    Which is why I don't get putting a cap on character slots. I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes having every character and then some.
  • NakazatoJLNakazatoJL
    Reactions: 1,505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Which is why I don't get putting a cap on character slots. I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes having every character and then some.
    I don't agree with not having a cap, that would be even slower to load our info from server (I already get like 10-15 sec load with 35 chars), but it would be ok to be able to create at least one of easch class, like 60-70 slots would be enought

• AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited November 2016
    NakazatoJL

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

I don't agree with not having a cap, that would be even slower to load our info from server (I already get like 10-15 sec load with 35 chars), but it would be ok to be able to create at least one of easch class, like 60-70 slots would be enought

There are currently only 42 character classes I think, so even if was just 50 (keeping it 5-8 above the amount of classes available since they seem to like opening 4 slots at a time/increments of 4 slots.) I didn't mean literally infinite, but enough that you can have every class and then 2-3 mules at least.
    Sweetheart123