[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Any plans to cleanup the scrapyard of hackers??

lethalvb01lethalvb01
Reactions: 960
edited November 2016 in Rants and Raves
Annoying! I got kicked twice today by maple admin saying I was hacking. I think it might of thought I was part of the hacker that was in the map when I arrived. Scrap yard is filled with bot blazewizards just flying all over the map instakilling everything. How the hell are they doing that?? Can't a GM just see them doing that in the game and then just instantly ban their accounts? The game keeps lagging too. Every few minutes everything freezes and then it quickly catches up and then i might be all the way across the screen and not even know it. Lucky i dont die a lot from this.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    They're banned on the order of thousands upon thousands every single week.

The problem arises from two factors: 1) it is trivial to make a new account and 2) the process is likely automated and making use of disposable email services.
    MakazeKibalethalvb01
  • lethalvb01lethalvb01
    edited November 2016
    Yeah I figured it was something difficult to deal with. Just needed to vent. :P
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited December 2016
    I don't know who they're banning but they aren't banning scrapyard or Destroyed world tree botters/hackers as they are there week after week despite video evidence and reports.
    Lilyflower
  • HieroHiero
    Reactions: 655
    edited December 2016
    starting to think conspiracy ideas, someone in nexon wants/uses these bots to farm, so they can sell meso/items and get extra cash :-)
    but its silly and annoying that they let them keep hacking and botting, atm there are a few in top50 that are using auto-dc and other hacks in scrapyard.
    they should put up bans for making new accounts from these IP-ranges for a while cleaning up
  • lethalvb01lethalvb01
    edited December 2016
    These types of hacks/exploits are probably from internet businesses that do item/meso sales.
  • NishijimaNishijima
    Reactions: 1,010
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Yeh I remember being banned yesterday for and I quote "The HACK reason" lmao automatically banning legitimate players while the botters are going ham.

I can understand hacking in the regular servers because it's more profitable there but in the reboot server where you can't trade, and you have to hack on the same account you actually play otherwise you won't be able to benefit from it I see no reason unless they are able to hack their way past the trade restriction somehow.

Oh well I assume they simply create new accounts by the end of the day and delete the old ones so nothing is gained by reporting them even.

IP bans would be effective but I guess they believe it's too cruel or something? Or maybe it will cause unforeseen issues that they believe they can't handle.

Here's my suggestion, if you don't want to or can't commit all the way to this cause nexon, simply remove your game guard/black cipher whatever and just let them do whatever the hell they want I guess, won't be more different than it is now I mean honestly black cipher is probably causing legitimate players more errors than the hackers :).

These hackers/gold sellers are the reason most people detest the regular servers i.e why they are dying. There are no gold sellers in reboot but there are still botters and assuming that they can't temporarily lift the trade restriction somehow there can be no benefit from hacking if they are caught before they gain a considerable amount of profit from it correct? Which means that some people actually get away with it....makes me very sad.

Here you go boys, some proof.

-Removed-

Read it and weep like I did.

• OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited December 2016
    I'd suggest not posting links to hacking websites here.
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited December 2016
    Okhura
    Okhura said:

that would get it patched up
  • ZAPZAP
    Reactions: 600
    edited December 2016
    GMs on Europe worked so hard to rid the game of hackers. Then what happens we are sent back to blooming global where it seems nothing has change since i started playing in 2006. Its disgusting that the Europe GMs were basically sacked.
  • SomiesSomies
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    The problem with maplestory is not the hackers themselves, it is the people buying stuff from them. Supply and demand 101
  • randomrandom
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    Sweetheart123

Okhura
    Okhura said:

that would get it patched up
    or that would get more users who are reading this to start hacking
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Nishijima
    Nishijima said:

-snip-
    Please do not link to hacking sites on the forums.
  • ExtrasenseBeraExtrasenseBera
    Reactions: 430
    edited December 2016
    Why don't they make Flame Wizards unabled to be created? honestly, that class should be called "Hacker" class. Everyone knows hackers "main" those jobs, along with demon slayers or classes that doesn't drain MP (or HP) to attack. That said:

1. Make jobs that doesn't consume MP / attack multiple mobs fast (ex. Resistance/Demons some or maybe even Maple Heroes class) unable to create for certain time and that should reduce the amount of hackers as they wouldn't be able to remake those jobs.

2. Make the Scrapyard / Dark World Tree areas unlockable if done their respective blockbusters along with mainstream quests in the area. Why? I doubt hackers would bother running blockbusters just to access a map.

As for Door of the Future, I don't know what can be done to reduce the amount of hackers taking over those places... maybe making quests to access to the next area like how Door of the Past works. Or then flatten the maps a bit instead of multi-platforms as having many platforms make players avoid those maps which are oftenly desolated and makes it ideal for hackers to use it without being detected.

The other thing is how efficient is the "Report" system. I rarely use it since no one gets the job done. Unless there were some selected players that could have reporting priorities and thus helping out with consistent report of botters/hackers to GMs.

3. Make some areas have a drop penalty if above their level. that if they're higher than monster range, they done obtain spell traces, mesos or scrolls, cubes, etc. They're all after those items, right? so why not make it harder for them to obtain?
  • buccaneerlolbuccaneerlol
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    Add a captcha to character creation.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    ExtrasenseBera

Why don't they make Flame Wizards unabled to be created? honestly, that class should be called "Hacker" class. Everyone knows hackers "main" those jobs, along with demon slayers or classes that doesn't drain MP (or HP) to attack.
    Bots rotate to flavor-of-the-month regularly. Before Blaze Wizards, it was Kinesis, and Demon Slayer, and Ice/Lightning mage, and Luminous. There have also been reports of Blaster hackers. Many people consider this a band-aid solution that doesn't really do anything except hinder legitimate players.
    buccaneerlol

That's what I said. A unique, Maple-themed one. I had whole minigames plotted out and stuff. Mega thought it was silly. :(
  • buccaneerlolbuccaneerlol
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

That's what I said. A unique, Maple-themed one. I had whole minigames plotted out and stuff. Mega thought it was silly. :(
    It would make things so much better. Just imagine a world where everyone isn't just channel hopping in Scrapyard or World Tree looking for elites to steal from a botting hacker. I don't even bother to report the bots that have jibberish names if I see someone that has a kind-of-unique name they get reported for botting/hacking.

I don't even care if it's maple themed or not, a captcha would force a person trying to bot to have to enter this captcha for each character they made and that would slow them down so much.
  • ExtrasenseBeraExtrasenseBera
    Reactions: 430
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

ExtrasenseBera

Why don't they make Flame Wizards unabled to be created? honestly, that class should be called "Hacker" class. Everyone knows hackers "main" those jobs, along with demon slayers or classes that doesn't drain MP (or HP) to attack.
    Bots rotate to flavor-of-the-month regularly. Before Blaze Wizards, it was Kinesis, and Demon Slayer, and Ice/Lightning mage, and Luminous. There have also been reports of Blaster hackers. Many people consider this a band-aid solution that doesn't really do anything except hinder legitimate players.
    buccaneerlol

Well, most of them make use of the MP familiars and they choose those jobs that are good at mobbing or skill that can be spammed pretty frequently to clear most amount of monsters in lesser times which makes their goals of farming mesos/spell traces/elites faster.

That said, wouldn't the other ideas I gave out likely to work? like the access to Scrapyard, Dark World Tree and the upcoming Arcane river limited to questlines/blockbusters to gain access to the respective maps. That way it could reduce the amount of botters in those high leveled areas since I doubt they would be configured to automaticly do those.

Arcane River worries me though... the chances for a new market of Nodestones will be open and those botter/hacker characters shouldn't get access to those maps so easily to farm the said item.