[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Nov. 30, 2016

Comments

• ringayeenringayeen
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited November 2016
    PlasticHolly

lol thanks. it was a bit of a sarcastic joke about today's maplestory stream

OH GOD
    i was worried, i'm so sorry
    i hate watching the livestreams bc of the constant harassment in chat towards other chats members, and also the complete lack of knowledge of gameplay by the streamers
    it's just embarrassing

Gio1373PlasticHolly
  • poppinbubblezpoppinbubblez
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited November 2016
    SentientEye

poppinbubblez

PlasticHolly

poppinbubblez

they have changed actually they have changed dramatically. Is it what people wish for of course not thats because the have to make a bigger change than most games from big bang to new classes to this, they have to change to keep there fans happy otherwise they wont be able to compete with other free to play games. and they wont answer those questions in the forums because its not easy, its actually sometimes impossible and its not that its unprofessional it that if they send out something saying we wont answer your questions people will feel some kind of way, even more so than they do now.There fighting an uphill battle because they have 4 games there working on across several servers not just gms so they have less people working on this game, hell they rante not that big to begin with so that doesnt help at all either
    then why promote a thread asking us if we have any questions, why bother having a bugs thread or a tech issue thread, if they have no intention of utilizing those things dont have them in the first place because then it just looks like self promoting lip service
    becasue sometimes answering the questions by just either solving them or showing an answer is easier to explain, for example lets say theres a bug with potential resets, instead of saying we will work on a fix or we are working on a fix and will have it done in x amount of time they just fix it when they can, not the best exmaple but thats kind of why they probably did it, some questions are more so we are already almost done or we cant even give u an answer to that question. its a double edged sword they take a bit of heat but fix a few issues thats all
    I just need to know is everyone having the same problem as me when you open the game and gets to the point where you choose north America or Europe that it closes and brings you to your home page saying that you may have IP ban or game is updating?
    yes, yes we are you are not alone my friend
  • bladenamebladename
    Reactions: 485
    edited November 2016
    Yall Should watch this and laugh a lil :)
  • ringayeenringayeen
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited November 2016
    Papas
    Papas said:

If I learned anything from the elections; it's that crying and making a scene does nothing but add more stress to the initial problems.
    Give Nexon the time they need to test and finalize the changes for this awesome game! Everyone go enjoy your night !! ~
    thank u daddy
  • CoralineCoraline
    Reactions: 715
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Coraline
    Coraline said:

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Just wondering are people at Nexon going to ac
    Kisj
    Kisj said:

Coraline
    Coraline said:

Just relax, put on some music and clean your room,house or bike, go eat,make coffee....there sooo many things you can do while waiting :D
    but we ant to plaaayy :(
    Patience my dear....patience :D

I just wanna get on to tell my friend happy birthday, though it's no longer his birthday.
    Just start singing...Happy birthday to youuuuuuuu !!!! :P

lol My roomie is asleep so I can't shout it loud enough for him to hear a couple states away.
    Thats called pillow screaming :P shriek your best in it :P

AkihikoT_
  • LexistarLexistar
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    Godspeed to the staff. Debugging for 18+ hours is no fun.
    Eucille
  • RonyeeRonyee
    Reactions: 205
    edited December 2016
    bladename
    bladename said:

Yall Should watch this and laugh a lil :)
    I had my speakers turned up way to loud... O.o

• AoikazegaAoikazega
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    More like "its 6 PM, screw you guys, im going home." Actual work probably won't begin until tomorrow. Not to mention the bulk of the code comes from the devs in Korea so Nexon NA (translations) might not be so well equipped to handle the situation. I'm sure when the big wigs in Korea and Tokyo get wind of their cash cow being down on the big launch day won't go over so well. All in all, I hope things work out for the best with good fixes and not rollback prone bandaids.
  • NoirtrayedNoirtrayed
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    Aoikazega
    Aoikazega said:

More like "its 6 PM, screw you guys, im going home." Actual work probably won't begin until tomorrow. Not to mention the bulk of the code comes from the devs in Korea so Nexon NA (translations) might not be so well equipped to handle the situation. I'm sure when the big wigs in Korea and Tokyo get wind of their cash cow being down on the big launch day won't go over so well. All in all, I hope things work out for the best with good fixes and not rollback prone bandaids.
    M8, Nexon America has it's own staff equipped to handle this kind of stuff. They won't just up and leave when 6pm arrives. Especially on a major patch day.

Lexistar
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited December 2016
    xEvilSoulx

not even BDO with their massive updates that made their world 30% bigger each time and all those stuff had this kind of bugs, and they are new, can't believe after 10 YEARS you still do the same, it hurts to see how you guys keep just throwing new content without testing and keep killing this game.
    This game is far older and the engine is also. I'd imagine it would be a pain in the arse to code for and fix bugs for.

• gameplayer70gameplayer70
    edited December 2016
    The fanbase for this game is too self-destructive. So much hate for the developers for not being done with maintenance, when often game developers run into trouble with updates and have to fix them. Besides, this game has an aspect of patience built into it. If you can't wait to play MapleStory for just a day, how do you expect to take the time to do anything inside the game?
    Coralineringayeen
  • XambrynXambryn
    Reactions: 795
    edited December 2016
    Jaydtrix
  • JaydtrixJaydtrix
    Reactions: 810
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    That moment when it's finals week, you've got an exam in the morning, and you've already decided that you're gonna stay up all night until this update comes out XD
    #MapleAddict
    SentientEye
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

The fanbase for this game is too self-destructive. So much hate for the developers for not being done with maintenance, when often game developers run into trouble with updates and have to fix them. Besides, this game has an aspect of patience built into it. If you can't wait to play MapleStory for just a day, how do you expect to take the time to do anything inside the game?
    The worst part of most games/anything with a fan base is usually the fan/user base.
    Jaydtrixringayeen
  • AnkletsAnklets
    Reactions: 330
    edited December 2016
    I agree with what someone said earlier, If you're not going to bring the game back online tonight let us know that it will still be a few hours and probably sometime tomorrow and don't keep saying "soon" because everyone has a different opinion of when "soon" will be. On top of all the incompetence like completely messing up this update (which is honestly no surprise) and having the game offline for 18+ hours now, You guys aren't even giving an estimated or approximate time-table on when it will be done. A "Tomorrow morning or afternoon" would at least be nice, you always work beyond the times you give anyways so why not? Most people are just wondering if it will be tonight or tomorrow, pretty simple. I still don't even see how this could be taking so long, really shows the quality of programmers and coders working at Nexon are not that good compared to other games. We've all known this for a while but it's really evident during times like this. You guys know around what time the minor patch will take place, there's no reason to not let us all know if it'll be in a few hours during the night or sometime tomorrow afternoon.
    Jaydtrix
  • JaydtrixJaydtrix
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Fuzzies
    Fuzzies said:

Don't worry Nexon with make it up to us with a 500 maple point coupon.
    "Flashes back to when big bang came out and they needed to back the servers up to the previous day "
  • JaydtrixJaydtrix
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    poppinbubblez

hey guys im going to whine and cry over a game that i didnt pay for not only am i going to whine and cry but im going to about events extension when some mmo's dont even get events. and the greatest part is im going to flame a company that didnt have to branch off and come to america in the first place about how they run there game and how poorly there doing it because i no so much about coding that im a master yea..... man who knew i was going to do that, who knew i was going to flame like a 9 year old school girl who didnt get the teddy bear she wanted.... love kids man i love em so much i could burn em...image
    PREACCCCCHHHHHHHHHH!
  • bladenamebladename
    Reactions: 485
    edited December 2016
    Nexon Any news? u just said u gonna give us an update soon.
  • gameplayer70gameplayer70
    edited December 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

gameplayer70

The worst part of most games/anything with a fan base is usually the fan/user base.
    I can't blame everyone for being upset about the update being delayed since it's been anticipated for awhile now, but if you've been waiting for awhile for something you really want, most of the time you can give it extra time to be developed/fixed just so it's a little extra special being able to enjoy it.

Also, for the developers, has it ever been promoted to just rebuild the game with a better engine to make it run a little more smoother? If this is the same engine that MapleStory has been on for years, a new engine would probably make the game run smoother, and programming the game would most likely be less of a hassle because of coding issues and breaks.
    AkihikoT_AustereUzuuga
  • uzumakialiuzumakiali
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    sometimes i want to kill myself when waiting to the death without any sign of this waiting being over :(