[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

"I would like to speak to your Manager"

VeggiVeggi
Reactions: 300
edited December 2016 in Rants and Raves
If you work you would understand this phrase.
My view on all this, as I hardly ever post:
Time and time again has Nothern American Nexon - Maplestory has had maintenances that have gone far beyond their estimated time and we have received a "somewhat" automated apology from a lower tier of management regarding the drastic situation. Let me remind players, this isn't just a game, its also customer service. This company is here to serve the mass with their products being their game, that you put your time, effort and money into. With all forms of customer service there are protocols that will require supervisors and even managers to be involved should a situation arise that is beyond that of someone who is to follow the protocols. This situation demands the highest form of management, with their input on a situation like this.
Understand that the "community managers'' are doing their best to provide for the community, but it is not enough. We, as a community need the input of the "man in charge". There are other notable games and corporations that have their developers/management/man in charge offer an input in a blog, or some type of "Dev post". We need something of that to show a sign that their staff is aware of the situation.
An Apology atleast.
  1. Don't you agree?8 votes
    1. Yes.
       100% (8 votes)
    2. No.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• FeverJawsFeverJaws
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    i dont think u know how things work. and u are not in a position to speak to anyone at nexon. and no maintence to fix bugs isnt a problem and its quite normal for maintence to go beyond estimated time.

if u cannot comprehend. Leave the game and stop wasting our time on your useless comments.

Cause it doesn't help us or the company that u kids keep going negativ
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Going to have to disagree with @FeverJaws Maints can go beyond but this is just ridiculous.
    My question is, how can this happen almost every time?
    I'm just curious if they test anything themselves.
  • VeggiVeggi
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    FeverJaws
    FeverJaws said:

i dont think u know how things work. and u are not in a position to speak to anyone at nexon. and no maintence to fix bugs isnt a problem and its quite normal for maintence to go beyond estimated time.

if u cannot comprehend. Leave the game and stop wasting our time on your useless comments.

I see you're quick to post via ad hominem. It does help us as it creates a closer relationship with more than just the community managers. We NEED moree than just a simple text message saying they are sorry for a situation such as this. People do spend money on this game, we deserve the best type of care / response from their corporation / team. But with language such as that, I can see why developers need not be involved in a 2 day pandemic.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Over the years we've gotten all sorts of "heartfelt" letters from Nexon America's CEO. Apologies for recent events / the past year not being up to the standard of service Nexon wants to deliver, promises to get better "going forward", yadda yadda. Sometimes with touching personal stories about their own childhood game experiences, or some such.

We might get one again.
    Wouldn't change a thing.
    Lilyflower
  • PuayaPuaya
    Reactions: 430
    edited December 2016
    FeverJaws
    FeverJaws said:

It is not normal for 'every' maintanence to go beyond estimated time, which clearly shows the incapability. And also he is a customer, thus he does have right to speak.
    Trust me, if there were no complaints at all and everyone think like you do, the situation would not get better at all and this kind of problem would just stay without any adjustments. You need to learn that criticism must exist for improvement instead of trying to force others to follow your kindhearted but 'useless' logic. 'Kid'.

This discussion has been closed.