[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[NOTICE] Compensation for Unscheduled Maintenance

Comments

• OwIieOwIie
    Reactions: 1,031
    edited December 2016
    They better give us a substantial amount of maple points for this. I'm on the brink of deleting my account and quitting after 10 years of this. This could be the straw that broke the camel's back. Salty doesn't come even close...
  • JSyraXJSyraX
    Reactions: 785
    edited December 2016
    OwIie
    OwIie said:

They better give us a substantial amount of maple points for this. I'm on the brink of deleting my account and quitting after 10 years of this. This could be the straw that broke the camel's back. Salty doesn't come even close...
    Dude literally took the words from my thought... I've played over 10+ years and this little situation actually makes me want to stop playing forever. i've played since 3rd grade and i'm 18 now. I also expect a WAY BETTER COMPENSATION THAN THE LITTLE SHT WE'RE sopose to get.... i can be patient for two whole days but, two whole days of waiting has built up so much salt it's on the same level as the DEAD SEA! And all the 2x exp event's we're going to miss. Sigh, smh nexon is great at dissapointing loyal players AS USUAL.

• Marga95Marga95
    Reactions: 880
    edited December 2016
    Where you guys saw they will fix it 3 dec?
  • OneLastTimeOneLastTime
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    Come on NX, its weekend already. Release all the blocked accounts will you. We are all tired of waiting without any estimated time. Its 72 Hours of waiting already for god's sake
    JSyraX
  • SuperSuper
    Reactions: 520
    edited December 2016
    Let's stay another 1 day with the account blocked? It was to unlock today!
  • SuperSuper
    Reactions: 520
    edited December 2016
    We are losing the coins, nodestones, and 2xp, outside our opportunity to sell the items in the stores. How can we be rewarded for it ?????? !!!!!! Only 2 red cubes and store 7 days????? Are you kidding me?
    JSyraXXycho
  • JSyraXJSyraX
    edited December 2016
    Super
    Super said:

We are losing the coins, nodestones, and 2xp, outside our opportunity to sell the items in the stores. How can we be rewarded for it ?????? !!!!!! Only 2 red cubes and store 7 days????? Are you kidding me?
    tell me about it...
  • JSyraXJSyraX
    edited December 2016
    Marga95
    Marga95 said:

Where you guys saw they will fix it 3 dec?
    when we tried to log in from the game launcher because we just dc from the Nexon launcher.
  • Marga95Marga95
    edited December 2016
  • JSyraXJSyraX
    edited December 2016
    StockMarket

All of my items still don't have potential and I am not blocked. Will I still get my item potentials back? Because I spent over thousands of dollars on them please fix this!
    How are you able to play when i have to wait two days for taking out 3 nx items from fredrick. Nothing was wrong with my account too! Everything was fine from when i got on during the 20 minutes it was up. but now i'm blocked for two remaining days.. SMH
  • JSyraXJSyraX
    edited December 2016
    Are you blocked? If not then you wouldn't know. Since i am, i tried logging in from Nexon Launcher but, i woud just dc. Since i'm not a idiot i tried GAME LAUNCHER from the maple folder. That's where it tells us that we're blocked untill december 3rd.
  • Marga95Marga95
    edited December 2016
    JSyraX
    JSyraX said:

Are you blocked? If not then you wouldn't know. Since i am, i tried logging in from Nexon Launcher but, i woud just dc. Since i'm not a idiot i tried GAME LAUNCHER from the maple folder. That's where it tells us that we're blocked untill december 3rd.
    there are my problems : if i click on nexon launcher i get this problem after i select the channel BUT i can log in other accounts https://s17.postimg.org/o4c7up6pr/Cattura_di_schermata_75.png

if i try to log in on the game launcher ( i think mine is the europe one because i can see the migrations info idk where is the global one) i get this error when i click on play

https://s11.postimg.org/ecsiwjjxf/Cattura_di_schermata_76.png
  • Marga95Marga95
    edited December 2016
    i have europe game luncher im delete it and i see if it work
  • Marga95Marga95
    edited December 2016
    ok now it work have the current game luncher , yea it say me im blocked and need to wait 3 december 7:31 am
  • surisuri
    Reactions: 635
    edited December 2016
    I am one of the players Affected by this issue too: https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/217239386-Temporarily-blocked-after-11-30-Unscheduled-Maintenance

Actually, I had a lot of very high value items on my account that were in my shop/merchant affected by this problem so I understand if NEXON needs more time to fix this as it can't be that easy to get the same tiers back with the EXACT same stats, scrolling aside.

I would like to know however if it would be advisable to do Marvel today since we really don't know how long this will take yet.

On a side note I am upset a little like the other players about the inconvenience, I too was looking forward to playing and getting my Night Lord from L223-L224 during these 2x events. Also I merchant during marvel so its an unfortunate in deed that we still can't login.

So yeah while I understand NX is doing their very best to fix this tricky problem and will continue to be patient with them for good reason, I do think at the same time that the compensation we will be given is inadequate considering the amount of downtime those of us affected are having and what we are missing out.

This includes:

1.Loss of rewards points form Daily bosses.

2. Loss of cubes from Daily bosses ( I have 230% drop equips )

3. Not being able to get daily V coins and nodes.

4. Missing out on sales from our Mushy shops at a prime sales time.
    '
    5. Missing out on Marvel and marvel merchanting opportunities.

6. Missing out on 2x exp events

7. Missing out on playing at such a fun time with our buddies.

Good luck with fixing the issue Nexon, I know you are doing your best and please continue to keep us updated.

XCaedisX
  • JSyraXJSyraX
    edited December 2016
    Marga95
    Marga95 said:

JSyraX
    JSyraX said:

there are my problems : if i click on nexon launcher i get this problem after i select the channel BUT i can log in other accounts https://s17.postimg.org/o4c7up6pr/Cattura_di_schermata_75.png

if i try to log in on the game launcher ( i think mine is the europe one because i can see the migrations info idk where is the global one) i get this error when i click on play

https://s11.postimg.org/ecsiwjjxf/Cattura_di_schermata_76.png
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

Hello all,

Please read the following notes regarding compensation. Also on our website at http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/19380/complete-important-message-unscheduled-downtime-11-30

Thank you all for being incredibly patient as our team has been working on this Unscheduled Maintenance for MapleStory. We fully understand how excited all of you are to play MapleStory, and we want to provide you all with an update that contains as much detailed information we can share at this point with regard to current progress, and some future timings.

We wanted to go into more detail regarding what issues caused this Unscheduled Maintenance, along with compensation details for each issue.

Issue 1: Item Stats

Issue: Items claimed from Frederick before the Unscheduled Maintenance that had enhancements such as Star Force, Potential, etc have had some of these enhancements removed. A couple hundred Maplers were affected by this issue.

Fix: As of the end of maintenance, this issue will be fixed, but the affected Maplers will be temporarily blocked from the game until tomorrow so that we can properly restore their items. The exact time for completion is not yet available for this.

Compensation: These affected Maplers will be given:
    - Six 1-hour 2x EXP Coupons (7 day)
    - Six 1-hour 2x Drop Coupons (7 day)
    - Two Red Cubes (7 day)
    - One 7-day Hired Merchant (Mushroom House Elf)

Issue 2: Critical Damage

Issue: Players who equipped items that contained Critical Damage stats and Nebulites, were able to do billions of damage.

Fix: We will be disabling Critical Damage obtained from Nebulites until the planned patch / maintenance on December 15th

Compensation: Please see the comprehensive compensation breakdown at the bottom of this post.

Issue 3: Character Creation Issues

Issue: Some Maplers were unable to create new characters after today’s patch.

Fix: This has been corrected during this Unscheduled Maintenance.

Compensation: None for this particular issue.

Issue 4: Play V Reward Event Timer

Issue: The Play V Rewards Event Timer was not functioning correctly, thus not allowing Maplers to advance beyond the first 30 min. reward.

Fix: This has been corrected during this Unscheduled Maintenance.

Compensation: Please see the comprehensive compensation breakdown at the bottom of this post.

Based on the issues above, we felt it was necessary to take the game down and correct those issues, and as mentioned, we do plan to provide compensation to all Maplers.

Compensation for All Maplers:

- The Play V Event will be extended by 4 days with the December 15th Maintenance.
    - All Maplers will receive 30 V Coins
    - Cash Shop items will receive a 48-hour extension.
    - Any Maple Reward points that expired on November 30th has been extended to December 31st.
    - In addition to the planned weekend 2x EXP and Drop event, we’re going to start it early across Thursday and Friday. The times will be:

Thursday, December 1, 2016
    - PST: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM & 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
    - EST: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM & 9:00 PM – 12:00 AM
    - CET: 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM & 3:00 AM – 6:00 AM (Dec. 2)
    - AEDT: 5:00 AM – 8:00 AM (Dec. 2) & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM (Dec. 2)

Friday, December 2, 2016
    - PST: 12:00 AM – 3:00 AM & 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM & 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
    - EST: 3:00 AM – 6:00 AM & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM & 9:00 PM – 12:00 AM
    - CET: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM & 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM & 3:00 AM – 6:00 AM (Dec. 3)
    - AEDT: 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM & 5:00 AM – 8:00 AM (Dec. 3) & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM (Dec. 3)

Thank you all again for your patience and understanding while we corrected these issues.
    Hows this ALL maplers when i'm suspended for two days ?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • goraterongorateron
    Reactions: 815
    edited December 2016
    Issue 1: Item Stats, compensation
    Nope, I still don't have 5% all stat on my pink holy cup back nor do I have any of the compensation items ...
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    gorateron
    gorateron said:

Nope, I still don't have 5% all stat on my pink holy cup back nor do I have any of the compensation items ...
    Pink Bean Holy Cups are pocket items. They do not have potential, nor scroll slots, nor stars.
  • fedsocfedsoc
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    Reboot is almost unplayable....something more needs to be done about the servers. There is no point in giving us extra 2x as compensation when we cannot do anything.
  • OwIieOwIie
    Reactions: 1,031
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

gorateron
    gorateron said:

Pink Bean Holy Cups are pocket items. They do not have potential, nor scroll slots, nor stars.
    He must have had a flame stat on it then.