[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Inferno Wolf - Lets talk about that

PaixPaix
Reactions: 520
edited December 2016 in General Chat
So... This event thing, that you have to collect 96 boxes in order to get a AbsoLab Weapon.

While i do understand that it should not be easy, i dont think it should count entirely on RGN like the master ring SS, nexon is trying to make you stay logged in for 10 hours + in order to get that reward, and believe me, i would if i could.

I'm a father, i work 10 hours a day and i have college to attend to and i even play for 3 hours + a day, but its clearly not enough to get the reward.

I dont miss the old maple, i dont miss the old events or classes and how things were back in 2007, but these new contents that forces you to play 10 hours a day for A CHANCE to get something good just isnt fun.

Stop trying to make your casuals quit, Nexon.

teapea133tHalloweenShopWhereValryiaSeippoTemptationNebulChukkiArgentMrjovoniand 2 others.

Comments

• HalloweenShopWhereHalloweenShopWhere
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    Preach.
    I've been playing on and off for 10 or so years. Seeing the 5th job adv. stuff got me so pumped, it's something I wanted since what I consider my childhood. When i first saw the event and saw that I could get some amazing Abso-whatever godly weapon, I was so psyched. Imagine my dissapointment when I realized you had to play for at least 3 hours every day even over christmas to simply have a chance to get it. Most of my hype vanished, not because I was expecting the thing to be given to me just like that, but because of how absolutely pathetic that requirement is.
    What happened to the "Play for half an hour a day and get good rewards!"? Now its "Play for 3 hours a day, every day, no stopping even OVER CHRISTMAS just to get these top tier rewards!".
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited December 2016
    +1 To this thread.

I don't mind doing events but not events where it involves RNG.........

• MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    Paix
    Paix said:

I'm a father, i work 10 hours a day and i have college to attend to and i even play for 3 hours + a day, but its clearly not enough to get the reward.
    Maybe, just maybe, playing games isn't something you should be doing right now.

I only went to college for 2 years and it took over my life.
    So I can't even imagine playing games if I was a mother, worked 10 hours a day and went to college.
    NiightseekerArgent
  • LucasGiacomettiLucasGiacometti
    Reactions: 570
    edited December 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Paix
    Paix said:

So I can't even imagine playing games if I was a mother, worked 10 hours a day and went to college.
    Maryse's comment is beyond absurd.
    Argent
  • CybunnyCybunny
    Reactions: 775
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Maybe, just maybe, some people play MapleStory as a stress reliever.
  • SlayerKev2SlayerKev2
    Reactions: 620
    edited December 2016
    On the topic of the inferno wolf part of the event i think they could at least bump up the spawn rate so you don't have to GRIND to find one, i've been seeing people saying its taking them well over 5 hours to get a portal which is absurd.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    LucasGiacometti

Maryse's comment is beyond absurd.
    Thanks for your input.
    Cybunny
    Cybunny said:

Maybe, just maybe, some people play MapleStory as a stress reliever.
    Sure, I totally get that but I don't even know where he gets the time to play to begin with.
    Personally, I'd be putting my education and my family before grinding for items online.
    Niightseeker
  • ValryiaValryia
    Reactions: 990
    edited December 2016
    Another showcase on how much more different the gaming culture here is compared to south korean.
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Don't forge one thing it is 3h if you are lucky not to dc or the timer resets. Also gl in finding inferno wolf portal, today I got none and was grinding for 3h in the same map.

Nexon people that work and have income are more likely to spend on your game, don't make events like this which are impossible for us to do!
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Learn to manage time! Some people can still do something they enjoy everyday even if they are busy and have a tight schedule. Can be only 30 minutes or 1h, or he only plays at weekends. Games should be a hobby not a chore that you have to login at least 3h per day to do an event.
    Nexon forgot that events should be fun, not time consuming.
  • Gio1373Gio1373
    Reactions: 1,405
    edited December 2016
    HalloweenShopWhere

Preach.
    I've been playing on and off for 10 or so years. Seeing the 5th job adv. stuff got me so pumped, it's something I wanted since what I consider my childhood. When i first saw the event and saw that I could get some amazing Abso-whatever godly weapon, I was so psyched. Imagine my dissapointment when I realized you had to play for at least 3 hours every day even over christmas to simply have a chance to get it. Most of my hype vanished, not because I was expecting the thing to be given to me just like that, but because of how absolutely pathetic that requirement is.
    What happened to the "Play for half an hour a day and get good rewards!"? Now its "Play for 3 hours a day, every day, no stopping even OVER CHRISTMAS just to get these top tier rewards!".
    Hey, hey, hey.. Lets be honest.. It's not top tier when all it does is barely beat fafnir weps. Which seems kind of more of a mediocre let down considering by the time you get it you should be close to doing C Abyss runs anyway
  • MapleguyMapleguy
    Reactions: 415
    edited January 2017
    Nexon is dirt
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Creating overpowered items to make players want to spend more money or events that make players want to spend more time on the game has always been a classic Nexon move.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited January 2017
    @Sorrow said:

Creating overpowered items to make players want to spend more money or events that make players want to spend more time on the game has always been a classic Nexon move.
    Always? that's rather untrue, it's with the release of NLC where premium items became more prominent.